The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Nov. 06, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

I totally respect what Lucic did last night. Stood up for a teammate and sent a message to the rest of the league. That punk Tampa player will think twice next time 

where was that response by us on Calvert ? 

Guddy you were given an A and don’t think like Prust did. You are NOT here because of your skills as player 

Even when we don’t have lotto luck we get gifts given to us like Boeser,Petterson and Hughes. We are doing alright with our “bad luck” which makes this rebuild all the more impressive. It’s so hard not to be excited, I mean it’s only been 10 games but this kid is rewriting the hockey rookie record book!

3925F9BF-81D2-4AE6-8268-97C7D4E0E34E.gif

Canucks got one point, not bad.

Actually, Canucks good in the first period, but Wings good in the 2nd and 3rd period, then Canucks had opportunity to win in OT.

The SO is by luck.

EP40 is still bright in the lineup.  

Marky is solid.

Hutton is continuously progress.

Tanev is solid.

Hoping Boeser back to make chemistry with EP40.

Hoping Sutter back to reduce the workload of Bo.

Hoping Green to take off Eriksson from EP line, and try Jake.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is there something with TSN Go app, that they will miss putting Canuck games on the schedule. But when I check the website it's fine?

My TSN app on my phone was all weird last week. I deleted it and downloaded it again. It is a newer version and is working much better. Could try that.

1 hour ago, CharlieChan said:

May have won this one if Brock had  played.

He gives the 2 snipers option on the power play.

As well a a good option for the shootout.

EP looked like Henrik on his shootout attempt lost.

Here's one item on his game he can work on.

He tried his patented move but unfortunately, lost the puck. If you watch his other videos, he has been successful using that deke on multiple occasions. Nothing to be worried about.

8 minutes ago, mephnick said:

I always wonder how Daigle would have turned out if he actually cared about hockey/didn't have depression. All the talent in the world.

Pretty amazing the dropoff after his first 10 games.  He only had 10 goals for the rest of the season and he played in all his team's games

7 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

It’s early days. A lot of injuries and patchwork team let one get away.  

Goldy has talent and value. Let’s see if he can either pad stats for a trade or become the player JB hoped to get in the Hansen trade. 

BTW, it’s not Goldy that is the problem on that line, it’s Eriksson. Swap him out for Jake.   

Or bring up Granlund and put Goldy on his natural right wing. 

Drop Eriksson. 

Eriksson was at least partly responsible for both Canuck goals with 2 great plays. Not sure how he's dragging the line down. He had a good game

17 hours ago, Darius said:

Meh, with Brock in there along with Sutter or Beagle to free up Bo from being stapled to all the face offs i have a feeling this one would have gone our way.

I wonder how Virtanen would look on EPs line....

I've been calling for this line, EP with Virtenan about 4 games ago, during Canucks/Wild game.   I believe that Virtenan can finish that Goldy couldn't and even should be on PP1 unit.  It wouldn't hurt to try for a game or two and if Green doesn't like it then can go back to whatever lines he wants to put in.  Virtenan has a great shots and can beat anyone, even from the blue line.  

4 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Hoping Green to take off Eriksson from EP line, and try Jake.

Then EP would be stalled at 9 goals in 10 games.  Jake would have barrelled thru, circled behind the oppo net, then looked up to see who he could pass to and be stripped of the puck.  Now we would be raving about Petey's backchecking ability instead of his howitzer.

LE might be snakebitten on goals, but he is one player who understands EP's game.  By no means is he a deadweight on that line

1 hour ago, coolboarder said:

I've been calling for this line, EP with Virtenan about 4 games ago, during Canucks/Wild game.   I believe that Virtenan can finish that Goldy couldn't and even should be on PP1 unit.  It wouldn't hurt to try for a game or two and if Green doesn't like it then can go back to whatever lines he wants to put in.  Virtenan has a great shots and can beat anyone, even from the blue line.  

His NHL scoring record doesn't back that up.

My preference is having Virt alongside Bo as they play a similar game.  Goldy would do well on that line as well, as he is an excellent passer/playmaker.  I think Goldy is struggling right now because he is incorporating a defensive game and his offence is suffering.  I think he would do better on the second line, that is quick, but plays a more simple game.

Goldy  -   Bo -  Jake

I would like to see Granlund alongside Pettersson to see if Marcus can regain his offensive game.  Both he and Eriksson are good 'puck fetchers' and pretty good passers.  All 3 players are excellent defensively.

Granlund  -  EP  -  Loui

Rousell  -  Gaudette/Gaunce  -  Motte/Arch

Schaller  -  Gaudette/Gaunce  -  Motte/Arch

Archived