3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

ep40 got number 10

but as the game wore on

he was starting to force the play

and not relying on his wingers as much

trying to make things happen rather then make the best available play

i think he is losing confidence in his wingers

and is starting to try to do too much

How could he not lose confidence in them? Eriksson is a black hole.of offense and Goldy can't hit the net from ten feet out.  If either one of them could finish, that game would have been out of reach by the half way point. Petey is a pearl playing with swine. 

Very winnable game.... but couldn’t continue the first period dominance....  glad we got a point out of it. 

Canucks getting sloppy in the 2nd with the PP and ran into Gaudettes poor and costly minor penalty.

Gretzky like slapper from EP40...  many lovely plays tonight.  Missing Boesers finish no doubt.  Looks like he’s getting more aggressive with attacking the opposing D off the rush.  definitely times I want him to be a touch more selfish.  So close in OT...  but 2 posts tonight for him...  one in ...one out.  Damn he’s good. 

Is Gudbranson actually playing good hockey????!!?!?  I feel odd even thinking about it.

Another good game from Markstrom!  What a save in OT!

Tanev was awesome tonight.  Stay healthy please. 

We need Sven and Brock back in the mix.  Hopefully soon!

Another episode of the Elias Pettersson show. I can't believe we're so lucky. Dinged that post in OT... Coulda had the W

Thank you Jim. Thank you. 

I bashed JB more than a handful of times for drafting Elias. Boy... Do I feel stupid. 

I watched the game on the Detroit feed. Their colour guy was amazing. Will watch all future Detroit / Vancouver games on the red wing feed. They were praising our young guys all game. 

Goldobin and a lot of Elias talk. 

Meh, with Brock in there along with Sutter or Beagle to free up Bo from being stapled to all the face offs i have a feeling this one would have gone our way.

I wonder how Virtanen would look on EPs line....

20 minutes ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

I was watching the Red Wings broadcast and they kept comparing Elias to Datsyuk. Also said he would easily go number 1 overall if they re-drafted his year again.

20 minutes ago, CupIsComing said:

I watched most of the Fox Sports Detroit feed...some observations that I thought were interesting...

Play-by-play Ken Daniels and colour commentator Mickey Redmond talk about Pettersson before the puck drop..."he would go #1 today" Daniels says (and repeats in overtime). They definitely seem aware of Dekey Pete's talent. At the same time the banner displays Pettersson's weight as 161 lbs but there is zero talk of his weight or body-build by the broadcasters. They talk about Elias' talent a lot in the first period even before the eventual goal. They concede that the league may as well just give him the Calder trophy now.

1st Intermission...Hosts John Keating and Darren Eliot discuss Pettersson and the goal. Keating mentions a hometown nickname "the Alien" and says "he is better than advertised". Eliot says the goal is "Gretzky-like".

2nd Intermission...Keating recognizes Canucks are on the first game of a road trip "that is going to last forever".

3rd period...The topic of Fortnite was an intro topic after a tv timeout...they contrasted (non-judgmentally) how the Canucks players have banned it but Detroit's young players love it.

Redmond says, regarding Stetcher, "that kid has got a good game". Daniels replies "yep".

Redmond says, "can you imagine if we could get a guy like that to play with Larkin...sheesh" (referring to Pettersson).

Overtime...they rave about the quality of Pettersson's dangerous 2-on-1 shot.

Shoot-out...Redmond amazed by deke of Pettersson even though shot was saved.

Overall, the commentary was very complimentary of Pettersson and fair in it's narrative of the Canucks.

These guys are excellent. Really good crew they have on fox sports Detroit. I'll be watching more games on that feed. 

Is this the same "Fox News" network that spews lies and spreads bs in the US opposing democrats? 

18 minutes ago, Roberts said:

good first half of the game, didn't do much in the rest. I hope Eriksson is taken off the Pettersson line.

Loui set up the first goal and miraculously stayed onside and kept the play alive on the second goal that was challenged. If you're gonna hate on him do it after a game he does nothing (which does happen once in a while)... But this game he was solid. 

13 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

For some reason red wings announcer was praising goldobin throughout the game

I noticed this too. The away feeds usually talk highly about Goldy. 

29 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

For some reason red wings announcer was praising goldobin throughout the game

They were praising him because his passing is on another level. He even forchecks (which he hasn't done last year). He just needs to think about shooting more rather than always pass. I don't understand all the hate toward him. He is showing improvement and better consistency. 

i am starting to think

that serious consideration needs to be given

to calling up dahlen

and allowing ep40 to assist with his nhl transition

i do not really care he might not be quite ready

ep40 needs more to play for

so he does not adjust his game too much

out of frustration with his current teammates

or the canucks need to consider a trade

to get someone else who can really play with ep40

7 minutes ago, apollo said:

I noticed this too. The away feeds usually talk highly about Goldy. 

It's because Canucks fans are Canucks fans and like to have a whipping boy.  Away feeds see goldobin in an unbiased view. Do i think he can be better? Absolutely, but I don't think he deserves all the criticism he gets on here. 

Archived