The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Nov. 06, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I wanna see Petey with better linemates.

When Bear cheese is back.

Line 1 Baertchi-Petersson-Boeser

Line 2 Goldobin-Horvat-Granlund/Gaudette

I think Virt is a good fit with Bo, put him on that RW. We most definitely need to upgrade that 1LW spot, with someone that can score but also brings snarl to  that line. 

15 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i am starting to think

that serious consideration needs to be given

to calling up dahlen

and allowing ep40 to assist with his nhl transition

i do not really care he might not be quite ready

ep40 needs to more to play for

so he does not adjust his game too much

out of frustration with his current teammates

or the canucks need to consider a trade

to get someone else who can really play with ep40

They should maybe see if Baer can finish some of his plays when he returns.  He is 3rd in shooting percentage in the league over the past 3 seasons at 5v5 among players with at least 120 games.  He's been used more as a passer but maybe he should be used as a goal scorer.  Baer typically gets his goals from 15ft and under while Boeser shoots from further out.  It gives Pettersson two options and Baer can also pass the puck.  

That's what I expected. We always play like trash against the weak teams. 

For some reason we went back to sitting on leads. Really frustrates me when we see the line changing instead of forechecking. 

Honestly surprised we got a point out of it. I knew we'd lose this one. 

And for God's sakes can we take those two useless wingers off of Bo's line? Stop putting trash players with our best guys. 

Pleased that coach elected to play Leipsic against Detroit, a team which "should" have been the perfect opportunity for him to show he is an NHL player.  Instead it showed that he is simply a "waterbug" that skates 100 mph in all directions and goes nowhere.  imo he is ineffective as a NHL calibre player.  Waiver time and bring up someone else (Dahlen ?).  

47 minutes ago, CupIsComing said:

I watched most of the Fox Sports Detroit feed...some observations that I thought were interesting...

Play-by-play Ken Daniels and colour commentator Mickey Redmond talk about Pettersson before the puck drop..."he would go #1 today" Daniels says (and repeats in overtime). They definitely seem aware of Dekey Pete's talent. At the same time the banner displays Pettersson's weight as 161 lbs but there is zero talk of his weight or body-build by the broadcasters. They talk about Elias' talent a lot in the first period even before the eventual goal. They concede that the league may as well just give him the Calder trophy now.

1st Intermission...Hosts John Keating and Darren Eliot discuss Pettersson and the goal. Keating mentions a hometown nickname "the Alien" and says "he is better than advertised". Eliot says the goal is "Gretzky-like".

2nd Intermission...Keating recognizes Canucks are on the first game of a road trip "that is going to last forever".

3rd period...The topic of Fortnite was an intro topic after a tv timeout...they contrasted (non-judgmentally) how the Canucks players have banned it but Detroit's young players love it.

Redmond says, regarding Stetcher, "that kid has got a good game". Daniels replies "yep".

Redmond says, "can you imagine if we could get a guy like that to play with Larkin...sheesh" (referring to Pettersson).

Overtime...they rave about the quality of Pettersson's dangerous 2-on-1 shot.

Shoot-out...Redmond amazed by deke of Pettersson even though shot was saved.

Overall, the commentary was very complimentary of Pettersson and fair in it's narrative of the Canucks.

Screenshot_20181106-201410_Chrome.jpg

Even seing his name with a devils logo bext to it on a fantasy list makes me mad . Is that abnormal ? Lol.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

That's what I expected. We always play like trash against the weak teams. 

For some reason we went back to sitting on leads. Really frustrates me when we see the line changing instead of forechecking. 

Honestly surprised we got a point out of it. I knew we'd lose this one. 

And for God's sakes can we take those two useless wingers off of Bo's line? Stop putting trash players with our best guys. 

We are pretty limited  with winger choices - so until we have players coming back off injury we get what we get.Count your blessing there is no Megna and no Chaput

8 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i am starting to think

that serious consideration needs to be given

to calling up dahlen

and allowing ep40 to assist with his nhl transition

i do not really care he might not be quite ready

Was thinking the same.  Or Zack MacEwen (2nd in points behind Boucher, 2nd in shots on goal, behind Boucher, 2nd in ppg, again behind Boucher)

A natural right winger, 6'4", 212 lbs, and not afraid to stand up for his teammates (3rd in penalty minutes)

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Was thinking the same.  Or Zack MacEwen (2nd in points behind Boucher, 2nd in shots on goal, behind Boucher, 2nd in ppg, again behind Boucher)

A natural right winger, 6'4", 212 lbs, and not afraid to stand up for his teammates (3rd in penalty minutes)

dahlen has history with ep40

and i think ep40 will ensure that dahlen gets opportunities

and do whatever he can to spur his transition

not sure anyone else has that connection with ep40

time to start doing whatever it takes to maximize ep40's game

brock appears a bit too fragile presently to count on him playing for 10 to 20 game stretches

no one else really "gets" ep40 well enough on the ice to keep up with his level of play

time to address this

the team is close by utica now and it is easy to do this call up and test it out

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

how long is Boucher out for

16 minutes ago, mll said:

They should maybe see if Baer can finish some of his plays.  He is 3rd in shooting percentage in the league over the past 3 seasons at 5v5 among players with at least 120 games.  He's been used more as a passer but maybe he should be used as a goal scorer.  Baer typically gets his goals from 15ft and under while Boeser shoots from further out.  It gives Pettersson two options and Baer can also pass the puck.  

baer is a long way away from playing hockey

maybe we'll see him in january again

24 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

It's because Canucks fans are Canucks fans and like to have a whipping boy.  Away feeds see goldobin in an unbiased view. Do i think he can be better? Absolutely, but I don't think he deserves all the criticism he gets on here. 

I'm inclined to think most of the time that no one deserves the amount of criticism they get on these boards.  ^_^

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

dahlen has history with ep40

and i think ep40 will ensure that dahlen gets opportunities

and do whatever he can to spur his transition

not sure anyone else has that connection with ep40

time to start doing whatever it takes to maximize ep40's game

brock appears a bit too fragile presently to count on him playing for 10 to 20 game stretches

no one else really "gets" ep40 well enough on the ice to keep up with his level of play

time to address this

the team is close by utica now and it is easy to do this call up and test it out

Can Dahlen even play defensively?lol

I only caught the last half of the game. I was encouraged to find the team up one and about double the shots. But the game I watched after that was quite disappointing. We were lucky to get a point. They looked tired and disinterested, other that EP of course. I fear that that could rub off on him even subconsciously.

Archived