The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Nov. 06, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, yes we can nucks said:

Were they praising him for missing the net every time he shoots?  ^_^

Ive rooted for Goldobin but i tjink he needs to bear down a little harder. He's talented but doesn't have what it takes between the ears mentally to succeed. If the game was on the line he'd be one of the last people on the team that I'd want with the puck on his stick. This is bad because he is a skilled player and those are who you want with the puck. 

Same goes for shootouts. Hes an excellent player when there is no pressure but when there is pressure, i feel like he loses focus

Only got to watch 3rd and OT...  I don't need to praise EP in this game.. he's in a league of his own and makes his linemates better!

I will single out 2 guys: Motte and Leipsic! Really impressive!! Playing with a purpose almost every shift..  so glad to have these versatile pieces on our roster this season!! Not a single plug unlike the last few years...

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

We should play on 3 on 3 

way more exciting than a shootout

at least make 3-3 10 minutes 

Regulation time: winning team gets the W and 2 points. Losing team gets the L and 0 points. First 5 minutes of OT, 4-on-4. 3-on-3 every 5 minutes after. OT winner gets 1 point but no W  OT loser gets 0 points but no L. OT column would look like this: W/L  

Overall standings: GP - W - L - OT W/L - Pts.

19 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ive rooted for Goldobin but i tjink he needs to bear down a little harder. He's talented but doesn't have what it takes between the ears mentally to succeed. If the game was on the line he'd be one of the last people on the team that I'd want with the puck on his stick. This is bad because he is a skilled player and those are who you want with the puck. 

Same goes for shootouts. Hes an excellent player when there is no pressure but when there is pressure, i feel like he loses focus

He doesnt finish pressure or not . Guy shoots wide every single time.  

Disappointing loss. The Canucks were playing so good to start. It looked like they might just keep on rolling past the Wings at 2-0.

Not alot they could do about the 2 goals, but the Wings stormed back and outplayed them through most of the second half. Detriot kept coming I was nervously expecting them to score the winner in regulation.

Good OT period from the Canucks. Too bad Petey hit the crossbar. That would have been a beauty way to end it, he had Howard beat. Shootout is what it is, I thought Pete had Howard beat again in the shootout but lost the handle.

Goldobin is starting to lose me, I thought he was having a bad game until later in the third then he picked it up a bit. Tanev had an amazing game tonight, he was spectacular. Markstrom was great aswell. I liked Gaudettes hustle again, the penalty he got was unfortunate. Motte/Granny/Roussel was a great grind line.

This felt like a really winnable game, the Canucks stopped playing for most of the middle part of this game and let the extra point slip away. Positive once again is EP. (& Marky)

Bit of a frustrating game. We out shot and out played them. That's hockey eh.

But our Swedie-Petey... I'm completely head over heels for this kid, totally in love, still gushing like JB was after the pick..

But my favorite player completely bombed on two cherry chances right in front of the net. The kinda stuff he used to bury.

But now he's got all this money weighing him down. Poor guy. 

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

ui am starting to think

that serious consideration needs to be given

to calling up dahlen

and allowing ep40 to assist with his nhl transition

i do not really care he might not be quite ready

ep40 needs to more to play for

so he does not adjust his game too much

out of frustration with his current teammates

or the canucks need to consider a trade

to get someone else who can really play with ep40

Yeh EP is starting to give up passing to his wingers and is shooting more. Love his Geoff Coutnall shot. Goldy is not a fit. 

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

dahlen has history with ep40

and i think ep40 will ensure that dahlen gets opportunities

and do whatever he can to spur his transition

not sure anyone else has that connection with ep40

time to start doing whatever it takes to maximize ep40's game

brock appears a bit too fragile presently to count on him playing for 10 to 20 game stretches

no one else really "gets" ep40 well enough on the ice to keep up with his level of play

time to address this

the team is close by utica now and it is easy to do this call up and test it out

100 thumbs up!

21 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Shades of Cody Hodgson :ph34r:

That game 5 goal in 1994 from Geoff. I met him on the ferry to Victoria and talked about that series for like 10 mins. My wife took a picture of me and Geoff. He was class all the way.

Archived