The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Nov. 06, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

I was really impressed by Cholowski on the Wings. Didn't he play in Chilliwack during his draft year? Or is my memory failing me.. Either way the Wings have a great young defender there. Really smooth skater & great awareness. Can already log big minutes.

A player like that is exactly what we could use right now. Good thing we have Juolevi & Hughes coming. 

15 minutes ago, cory40 said:

That game 5 goal in 1994 from Geoff. I met him on the ferry to Victoria and talked about that series for like 10 mins. My wife took a picture of me and Geoff. He was class all the way.

I saw him on the ferries too once also heading to Victoria. That was probably 15ish years ago, I was too shy but he knew I realized who he was :lol:

I was a huge Redwing fan during their dynasty. Lindstrom was unreal. Watched the team quite a bit.. 

The way EP uses the stick check in the D zone are right there with how Datsyuk used to do it.  

They are similarly shifty and elusive.  

But at the end I keep coming back to one thing. I watched a lot of Gretzky growing up.. EP is the closest this to Gretzky I've ever seen in my life.   

33 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Of 17 players to get 10+ goals through their first 10 career gms (12 of those in the NHL's inaugural 1917-18 season), @Canucks rookie Elias Pettersson's the youngest to do it (19 years, 359 days old)

He has 6 more points in 5 less games then the next closest rookie . Kinda crazy. 

Archived