The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Nov. 06, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Remember when we thought EP would primarily be an assist machine? B)

He will be when guys start finishing the setups he's dishing out. Grade A opportunities squandered by the likes of Erikson and Goldobin is getting frustrating.

Dress Gaunce instead of Archie so we can put Granlund with EP.

Granlund - Pettersson - Eriksson

Goldobin - Horvat - Virtanen

Schaller - Gaudette - Leipsic

Motte - Gaunce - Rousell

Gotta shuffle things up. Beside's EP & Horvats chance, no one is making any noise.

6 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Anybody see what Lucic did to the guy that nailed Russel in the number and then Into the boards? You think they’ll take Eriksson or lucic?

at this point, im down - even if he doesn't register a point all season. i would feel much better having a guy like that on the bench if someone takes a run at our young stars. since the league is terrible at penalizing/suspending dirty plays.

7 minutes ago, Kushman said:

He will be when guys start finishing the setups he's dishing out. Grade A opportunities squandered by the likes of Erikson and Goldobin is getting frustrating.

We need a much better supporting cast. Goldy is not good enough to hang with this kid i agree. 

2 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Only got to watch 3rd and OT...  I don't need to praise EP in this game.. he's in a league of his own and makes his linemates better!

I will single out 2 guys: Motte and Leipsic! Really impressive!! Playing with a purpose almost every shift..  so glad to have these versatile pieces on our roster this season!! Not a single plug unlike the last few years...

Disagree with you on Leipsic. Yeah, the guy hustles.. but he's also 5'10" (maybe shorter), and if he can't contribute offensively I see no future for him on this team.

I'm at a place where we're kinda "stuck" with him because we have no better players. Yet.

31 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Goldobin has a very hard time with the bang bang quick style of play.  He is not a good match for EP.  And he is far superior puck distributor than he is a scorer.  I don't know where he fits, if Brock is going to be with EP long term.  I can see his days being numbered on this team.

3 hours ago, Kushman said:

Really missed Boeser ..... I believe we would have won that one had he been playing 

8 hours ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

I was watching the Red Wings broadcast and they kept comparing Elias to Datsyuk. Also said he would easily go number 1 overall if they re-drafted his year again.

Yes the broadcasters were really good in their assessments of EP40 and sang his praises out loudly. 

5 hours ago, cuporbust said:

We need a much better supporting cast. Goldy is not good enough to hang with this kid i agree. 

It’s early days. A lot of injuries and patchwork team let one get away.  

Goldy has talent and value. Let’s see if he can either pad stats for a trade or become the player JB hoped to get in the Hansen trade. 

BTW, it’s not Goldy that is the problem on that line, it’s Eriksson. Swap him out for Jake.   

Or bring up Granlund and put Goldy on his natural right wing. 

Drop Eriksson. 

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I was really impressed by Cholowski on the Wings. Didn't he play in Chilliwack during his draft year? Or is my memory failing me.. Either way the Wings have a great young defender there. Really smooth skater & great awareness. Can already log big minutes.

A player like that is exactly what we could use right now. Good thing we have Juolevi & Hughes coming. 

He was everywhere last night.  Heard his name mentioned all night long.  Cool to see.

11 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah goldy had a terrible game tonight, hopefully better next one.

Goldy had a nice assist on first goal. Not his best game, but he wasn’t invisible and made some nice plays. Goldy should be with Bo, not EP and Shaller should be with the comets, not Bo.

Jake and Bo could get nothing going with Timmy.

Eriksson couldn’t bury two golden chances either.

Howard stole that game though, first star indeed last night.

Detroit was better than their record, they started off really slow but were equal to the Nucks over their previous 7 games.

Another great game from the goalie even though both teams had the posts as friends.

Schedule maker is sure good for the team this season, lots of time between games.

Game was a snooze fest. Didn't even come on CDC after, just went to bed. Lol. Watching everyone shoot high and wide was rough to watch. Goldy missing golden opportunity after golden opportunity. The AHL 4th line was meh at best. Defense had troubles controlling the puck early. Gonna blame this one on the only other legitimate scorer not being in the lineup. 

Archived