The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Lucic to have Hearing

Shekky

12 minutes ago, Riviera82 said:

His contract is one year longer at the same money as Eriksson. If nothing else, at least Lucic can be a deterrent for other teams' rats taking liberties on McD and co.

Eriksson deters nothing.

Eriksson does next to nothing in any capacity. Eriksson is here to count stacks of cash while Lucic is in Edmonton to actually do something - on the ice! 

Honestly, I'd take 7 years of Lucic at 6 million any day over 6x6 for that useless pantywaist, Eriksson. Lucic at least looks like he gives a s**t.

I wouldn't mistake anger issues for giving a $&!#. 

35 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Lucic just doing what he is paid to do......

Wish the Canucks had a player willing to stand up for our younger prospects/players......

I think you could pay someone a lot less than what the Oilers are offering up if you want someone to do that.

The league can't keep sitting in limbo handing out 1 game suspensions and forcing players to take matters into their own hands like this. Punching a guy's head while down on the ice is asking for serious trouble.

The league needs to step up and whack players hard with retribution shots like this. 15 games. To be honest they should start dishing out suspensions to the initial hit as well to stop it happening in the first place.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's a joke. He should have been suspended for the MMA activity. I mean, if Matheson gets two for his dirty play, Lucic deserved at least five. This reminds me of when Shea Weber slammed Henrik Zetterberg's head into the plexiglass. It was a pathetic move that had no place in hockey, yet the player was only forfeited a few thousand.

The DOPS is proving once again how much of a joke they truly are. Maybe Parros should get a brainscan.

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Is this real?

I'm actually not really against it, because I don't think he should be suspended, but I am amazed that the DOPS didn't give him at least a game.

His actions were the definition of a violent "non-hockey" play.  Having said that, I like it.  This is what I wanted one of the Canucks to do to Matheson.

Bring on the shocked emojis...

4 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Is this real?

I'm actually not really against it, because I don't think he should be suspended, but I am amazed that the DOPS didn't give him at least a game.

His actions were the definition of a violent "non-hockey" play.  Having said that, I like it.  This is what I wanted one of the Canucks to do to Matheson.

Bring on the shocked emojis...

I would have liked to have seen Gudbranson level Matheson with a massive open ice hit, possibly taking him out of the game. If Lucic had just stuck with the hit on Joseph and the tap on the helmet, I agree. It's the garbage that followed that's inexcusable.

2 hours ago, Riviera82 said:

His contract is one year longer at the same money as Eriksson. If nothing else, at least Lucic can be a deterrent for other teams' rats taking liberties on McD and co.

Eriksson deters nothing.

Eriksson does next to nothing in any capacity. Eriksson is here to count stacks of cash while Lucic is in Edmonton to actually do something - on the ice! 

Honestly, I'd take 7 years of Lucic at 6 million any day over 6x6 for that useless pantywaist, Eriksson. Lucic at least looks like he gives a s**t.

Eriksson is, at the very least, not a defensive liability on the ice. The same can’t be said for Lucic. The only time Lucic ever gets anywhere in time is when he’s throwing a tantrum and needs to cheapshot someone before they can see him coming. Then he can skate like the wind. 

Eriksson is overpaid, but if he were making 2 mil nobody would care. If Lucic were making 2 mil people would still want him out, except a vocal minority of Vancouver fans screeching about. “Muh Truculence, muh local boi!”

5 hours ago, Darius said:

Im kinda torn here...Lucic deserves some kind of suspension.  At the same time if that were Brock or Pettersson Joseph hit (and he does like to run around in games ive seen) and Guddy did the same thing would we be applauding it?

yeah what if it was naslund

and bert did that

i mean what about that ?

oh wait.....

it's predatory

and deserves a 10 game suspension

premeditated

not in the heat of the moment

he had plenty of time to think about it

the league does not want to see this level of frontier justice

if a player chooses to go down this road

the sanction should be severe

edit: i just saw he got a fine

what a joke this league is

how is that more minor then what was done to ep40 ?

no suspension at all|?

hahahahah :P:P:wub:

5 hours ago, Shekky said:

Not sure what set him off but I don't see why he went after this player.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-lucic-expected-to-have-hearing-for-blindside-hit-on-joseph-1.1205625

Milan Lucic could be in hot water with the NHL's Department of Player Safety for his hit on Mathieu Joseph in the third period of the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday.

Joe Smith of The Athletic reports Lucic "will most likely" have a hearing for the hit, which landed him two minor penalties and a game misconduct.

Angered by a cross-check Joseph put on Edmonton defenceman Kris Russell earlier in the period, Lucic followed him down the ice once the Lightning forward came onto the ice for a shift. He slashed Joseph when he first came on the ice, then tracked him into the Lightning end and hit him to the right of the Tampa Bay net while he was without the puck. Lucic then appeared to throw a punch at Joseph while the rookie was on the lying on the ice, sparking a melee between the two teams.

He received a two-minute penalty for interference, another minor for roughing and a game misconduct. 

"I thought it was a premeditated, blind-side hit," Lightning captain Steven Stamkossaid. "I saw it live, I haven't seen it replayed. I'm sure the league will review that. I think Joe got cut too. You just don't want to see that."

Oilers head coach Todd McLellan said Lucic was doing his job as the team's enforcer.

"He felt that a player took a liberty with Kris Russell, and I agree with the liberty part of it," McLellan said. "Part of the reason we have Luc here is to take care of teammates and he did that."

Lucic, who has one goal and four points in 15 games this season, was last suspended while playing for the Los Angeles Kings in January 2016, when he got a one-game ban for a punch to the head of Arizona Coyotes defenceman Kevin Connauton. He has been suspended three times in his career, each for one game.

Milan should get a HUGE suspension, but I'd rather he keeps playing, and leading the Coilers to losses.  

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I would have liked to have seen Gudbranson level Matheson with a massive open ice hit, possibly taking him out of the game. If Lucic had just stuck with the hit on Joseph and the tap on the helmet, I agree. It's the garbage that followed that's inexcusable.

Agreed. This is what I always disliked about the guy. He doesnt know the limits. He's just is a bit of a douche on the ice. 

14 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yeah what if it was naslund

and bert did that

i mean what about that ?

oh wait.....

it's predatory

and deserves a 10 game suspension

premeditated

not in the heat of the moment

he had plenty of time to think about it

the league does not want to see this level of frontier justice

if a player chooses to go down this road

the sanction should be severe

If the league doesn't want to see more of this, they should ensure that the officials aren't a bunch of braindead hacks who couldn't ref their way out of a paper bag. The amount of missed calls already this season is ridiculous. There is seemingly no level of professionalism or proficiency evident in how these collective morons officiate games. Once there is some consistency, I could see these incidents going down in frequency.

14 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

edit: i just saw he got a fine

what a joke this league is

how is that more minor then what was done to ep40 ?

no suspension at all|?

hahahahah :P:P:wub:

The DOPS is just another pathetically inconsistent and bought and paid part of the league.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Holy...I was guessing 5 games. DOPS really screwed this one up imo. 

Well, it is Bettman's NHL, after all. It would be great to see coaches, players, and general managers from various teams start to levy complaints against the league's woeful inefficiency when it comes to officiating and supplemental discipline. Until those affected by the stupidity of the aforementioned departments of the league come forward, en masse, and complain and demand better, expect more of the same.

Archived