The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Lucic to have Hearing

Shekky

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Holy...I was guessing 5 games. DOPS really screwed this one up imo. 

If this is the league's response then does this mean that they would like to see a return of the enforcers to the NHL?

Ya, I think they botched this too.

Pathetic announcing too, “good job by Lucic to not keep wailing away” 

yeah except he hit a guy who didn't have the puck, then gutlessly punched him while he was down, then went for top control... but good on him for restraining himself. :rolleyes:

Finally saw the stunt Lucic pulled. Gotta say I don't mind it. Flame me if you want, call me old school. I wish this happened to the players that cheapshot EP, Baer, Stetcher, Boeser. I dont like Lucic but I love his response to a cheapshot on his teammate and I dont think it's over the top. 

what Lucic did was premeditated ,and wrong. almost Bertuzzi like. he never even bothered to look where the puck was, he just chased down his prey. the league has just opened a can of worms for players doing the same. and why not!! all you will get is a fine.   

33 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Holy...I was guessing 5 games. DOPS really screwed this one up imo. 

yup.  Totally insane a guy (Lucic) can hunt down a player, and then repeatedly punch him in the head.  Tom Wilson got 20 games for something that (almost) resembled a hockey play.  What was Lucic doing?  I guess it's hunting season in the NHL?

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Finally saw the stunt Lucic pulled. Gotta say I don't mind it. Flame me if you want, call me old school. I wish this happened to the players that cheapshot EP, Baer, Stetcher, Boeser. I dont like Lucic but I love his response to a cheapshot on his teammate and I dont think it's over the top. 

I'd like to see Gudbranson run players as well, when they rough up the young guns. However once that player is down on the ice, after being hit, that's it. To punch a player in a position where he can't defend himself is a cowardly move, without question. It was cowardly when Mantha did it to Hamonic last season, and it was cowardly when Lucic did it to Joseph.

Joseph's hit on Russell could have been righted by the interference check alone. The other crap is just the actions of an idiot.

3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

what Lucic did was premeditated ,and wrong. almost Bertuzzi like. he never even bothered to look where the puck was, he just chased down his prey. the league has just opened a can of worms for players doing the same. and why not!! all you will get is a fine.   

Yup.  Next Oiler game a goon on the other team should hunt down McDavid, cross-check him to the ice, and then repeatedly punch him in the head.  Oh, and sit on him too.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Next Oiler game a goon on the other team should hunt down McDavid, cross-check him to the ice, and then repeatedly punch him in the head.  Oh, and sit on him too.  

I'd love to see Byfuglien, Reaves, or Chara do that.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd love to see Byfuglien, Reaves, or Chara do that.

If the league refuses to take care of these types of attacks, then the players will have to.  The best way (and the oldest way) is to attack the top skilled guys on Lucic's team.  Then, those skilled guys will tell Lucic to play, and not be so stupid, because they are now targets of the same crap.  

Just now, Alflives said:

If the league refuses to take care of these types of attacks, then the players will have to.  The best way (and the oldest way) is to attack the top skilled guys on Lucic's team.  Then, those skilled guys will tell Lucic to play, and not be so stupid, because they are now targets of the same crap.  

Exactly. This league is continually dropping the ball with seemingly no consistent solution in place or even possibly discussed. It's a horrible way to run a league.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. This league is continually dropping the ball with seemingly no consistent solution in place or even possibly discussed. It's a horrible way to run a league.

The League needs to realize no one pays money to watch the thugs (like Lucic).  They pay to watch the stars (like McDavid).  The stars need to be protected, and actions like Lucic's (that go unpunished by the league) make it a lot more difficult for the stars to stay healthy.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The League needs to realize no one pays money to watch the thugs (like Lucic).  They pay to watch the stars (like McDavid).  The stars need to be protected, and actions like Lucic's (that go unpunished by the league) make it a lot more difficult for the stars to stay healthy.  

Well, I think people watch hockey to see both, but I'm thinking most fans like metered physicality, within reason, and not the borderline assault that Lucic demonstrated last night.

All players need to be protected from cheap and dangerous plays. The league either needs to get it's head out of it's ass and maintain some consistency in enforcing order and rule in the league, or remove the instigator penalty. Otherwise things will get worse.

3 hours ago, xereau said:

Joseph's hit on Russel was very similar to Keith's hit on Dube. Both were ugly.  And crickets from the refs AND league!

Here is the problem in all of this.  Who else is going to hold Joseph accountable for his dangerous hit?  Not the on ice officials.  There hasn't been a single BOO from the league DOP(e)S on Joseph's or Keith's hit.  So, apparently the players have to do it.

So the league wants to take fighting out of the game but I guess they don't mind elbows, shoulders, punches to the heads of the none fighters?

We have basically replaced "fighting" with "cheap shots" now. 

In the olden days , fights were basically prearranged and enforcers fought enforcers and an occasional light weight fought another light weight,although vary rarely. Intimidation stopped most of the cheap stuff and the star players were left to do their thing. How is this new NHL any better then when fighting was allowed? 

Even the fighters had respect for each other and when the other guy was done that was it, you stopped punching. Or if he fell to the ground you stopped fighting.

It is a contact sport and you are going to have altercations, this cannot be taken out of the game. This injuring of players has got to stop and maybe players such as Lucic and Bertuzzi may not feel the need to take the law into their own hands when the refs or the league refuse to do anything about it.

Archived