The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Lucic to have Hearing

Shekky

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So, are you saying Guddy could do the same to McDavid, and it’s only a 10,000 dollar fine?  

Nope, McDavid also doesn’t run players into the boards from behind.  

McDavid is a star in the league, not a fringe player trying to make a name for himself.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

McDavid gets cross-checked more in a game than any Canuck by a wide margin - watch him play.   He parks at times and takes a beating.   Kid is tough, will give him that but he takes Crosby like abuse quite a lot.

I totally agree. But the big difference is that McDavid is built hockey tough where as Boeser is a lot softer and Pettersson's current frame would be unable to endure what McDavid does.

We need our free agent signing's from this off season, Gudbranson, Virtanen and Archibald to do some drive bys to remind them who's boss!

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Right now it’s a tossup between Lucic and Reaves as to who the best fighter in the league is. No one else is even close.  

I bet Oilers take way less “incidental” hits like we’ve seen the Canucks take.  

Have we already forgotten the cheap shots on Brock, EP40, the “sorry-not-sorry” hits on Baertchi and Stecher? 

We sure could use a 3 million dollar Lucic. 

Deryk Engelland says hi

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Malkin likely too...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/penguins-malkin-tossed-headshot-capitals-oshie/

Ha, and as I posted this Oshie just scored the go ahead goal with a minute left.

Oshie is a legit beauty.  What a game from him last night.  A month into the season and this guy puts in a game 7 performance.  

Obviously have seen this guy play a bit over the years but being as he he is mostly in the east we don’t “know” him.

when the caps won last year his on ice post game win interview was one of, not the most candid, touching moments I’ve seen in hockey.

12 hours ago, 6string said:

I totally agree. But the big difference is that McDavid is built hockey tough where as Boeser is a lot softer and Pettersson's current frame would be unable to endure what McDavid does.

Have you actually seen Brock Boeser in person?   He may be the least soft Canuck not named Horvat.   The kid is built like a brick shiitake mushroom house

1. In his game grades post, is what The Cult’s Kurt Leavins had to say about both plays: “There are two ways to look at the Milan Lucic decision to physically engage Mathieu Joseph in the 3rd Period of tonight’s game. If you don’t care for that kind of thing, that is your prerogative. My view: Kris Russell took a cheap shot into the end boards and was cut. No call. The same player took shots at McDavid and RNH earlier but also went un-penalized. So with the game 5-2 and well out of reach, the time was right for the defacto policeman on this club to say to the Bolts and the rest of the NHL ‘hey, that’s not O.K.’, and to his teammates ‘I’m not scoring so I’ll contribute in this way instead’. I’m not sure how you will view it. But I can be confident that it will resonate loudly with Kris Russell and the rest of his teammates. Personally, I’m not at all O.K. with the Oilers best players being run at but nothing being done about it. Your mileage may vary.”
  2. Here is what Oilers coach Todd McLellan said to reporters: “You know, there’s nothing wrong with that. We felt that a player took a liberty with Kris Russell. I agree with the liberty part of it and part of the reason we have Lucic here is to take care of teammates and he did that.”

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/nhl-fines-milan-lucic-for?fbclid=IwAR1D7Of3mMbJ430P4yJ9-kyRl_S7w6VzhFu2FoEWrorn6XI32YwKRnWHXvA

When the refs don't protect the players, the players have to protect themselves. Hate Lucic all you want, but I'd want a guy like him standing up for our guys when EP got headshotted, Baertschi, Stetcher, Motte boarded, etc. Everyone needs to let go of this dream that the refs and the league are magically going to start making proper calls to protect the players, it's not going to happen. 

After having some time to analyze the play more, I am glad Lucic had enough restraint to not pound the guy's face into the ice. Play looks especially bad cause the way Lucic followed him around the ice reminded me of the Bertuzzi incident. He hits the guy miles away from the puck. It just looks dumb and meatheaded. I am all for protecting players, like I said before, but I didn't care for how this looks. I'd kill for a guy on our team to not let players get away with taking liberties on our stars, but not like that.

4 hours ago, riffraff said:

Oshie is a legit beauty.  What a game from him last night.  A month into the season and this guy puts in a game 7 performance.  

Obviously have seen this guy play a bit over the years but being as he he is mostly in the east we don’t “know” him.

when the caps won last year his on ice post game win interview was one of, not the most candid, touching moments I’ve seen in hockey.

Love him.  He's been one of my non Canuck favourites for some time now.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Have you actually seen Brock Boeser in person?   He may be the least soft Canuck not named Horvat.   The kid is built like a brick shiitake mushroom house

Agreed. Seen him at the airport on Sunday as the club was flying out to Detroit. I underestimated how big he actually is. Guys a unit. 

40 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Lucic revived a maximum $10,000 fine. 

He makes 6million /year right?

Wonder what Bert would think of that.

You can twist it to compare it to Bertuzzi’s incident but it’s nothing like it.  

Bert came up behind and punched him first with his full force. 

Lucic initiated body contact with the shoulder to shoulder hit and then did a half ass punch to knock his helmet back.  

I wont mention the pile drive that Bert did, as I still believe that Moore went unconscious and that gravity was the main driving force there.  

Lucic didn’t pile drive him into the ice, he mounted him there and gave him a face wash.

Lucic is the kind of guy that runs a midget like Ryan Miller, so what's new.

Joseph is a 190lb 21 year old - clearly nothing is beneath Lucic.

Deserves a suspension, plain and simple.

Perhaps Joseph deserves on as well for his hit on Russell - did not see tthat - but having  230+ lb guys like Lucic jumping guys 40+ lbs beneath their weight class imo is pathetic and nothing resembling the role of the traditional "enforcer".

The league's incompetence is what is proliferating this stuff - and their handling of this seems like yet another incidence of not taking responsibility.

20 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Right now it’s a tossup between Lucic and Reaves as to who the best fighter in the league is. No one else is even close.  

nsis.

Notice how Lucic gets rocked - and would usually run around like a liberal scorned - but does the skate by and wants little to do with Gudbranson.

Gudbranson is easily in a class with the NHL's top heavyweights - perhaps at the top of it.

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You can twist it to compare it to Bertuzzi’s incident but it’s nothing like it.  

Bert came up behind and punched him first with his full force. 

Lucic initiated body contact with the shoulder to shoulder hit and then did a half ass punch to knock his helmet back.  

I wont mention the pile drive that Bert did, as I still believe that Moore went unconscious and that gravity was the main driving force there.  

Lucic didn’t pile drive him into the ice, he mounted him there and gave him a face wash.

Im sure Lucic has learned his lesson and will be a class act from now on.

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Im sure Lucic has learned his lesson and will be a class act from now on.

Good one!  I spit out my pre-game drink.  That was a 12 year old scotch!  We have lino in the kitchen, so it was easy to lap up.  Waste not ... want not.

Kevin Bieksa on 31 Thoughts:

"I don’t think players are scared of fines or suspensions at all. I never was. When you’re making millions and millions of dollars a year do you care if you’re fined $2000? I mean the only guy that would is Burrows cause he’s so cheap."

"You’re getting a paycheque for $100,000 every two weeks, do you care if it’s shy $3000 because you speared someone or hit somebody from behind? The answer is no."

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

nsis.

Notice how Lucic gets rocked - and would usually run around like a liberal scorned - but does the skate by and wants little to do with Gudbranson.

Gudbranson is easily in a class with the NHL's top heavyweights - perhaps at the top of it.

Dustin Byfuglien and Zdeno Chara might have something to say about that.

Archived