The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Lucic to have Hearing

Shekky

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kevin Bieksa on 31 Thoughts:

"I don’t think players are scared of fines or suspensions at all. I never was. When you’re making millions and millions of dollars a year do you care if you’re fined $2000? I mean the only guy that would is Burrows cause he’s so cheap."

"You’re getting a paycheque for $100,000 every two weeks, do you care if it’s shy $3000 because you speared someone or hit somebody from behind? The answer is no."

Juice always on point. What is that guy is up to these days?

Is this the most recent 31 Thoughts?

7 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Have you actually seen Brock Boeser in person?   He may be the least soft Canuck not named Horvat.   The kid is built like a brick shiitake mushroom house

Off course I have seen Brock, most fitness freaks like myself pay attention to athletes conditioning habits.

I am speaking to how he responds to contact.

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Off course I have seen Brock, most fitness freaks like myself pay attention to athletes conditioning habits.

I am speaking to how he responds to contact.

You mean the way he takes it like a man and brushes it off as it is like a fly on a dog's back?   That response?    Is that to what you are speaking?

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kevin Bieksa on 31 Thoughts:

"I don’t think players are scared of fines or suspensions at all. I never was. When you’re making millions and millions of dollars a year do you care if you’re fined $2000? I mean the only guy that would is Burrows cause he’s so cheap."

"You’re getting a paycheque for $100,000 every two weeks, do you care if it’s shy $3000 because you speared someone or hit somebody from behind? The answer is no."

that is hilarious and classic Juice, but I'd question one part of that (not the Burrows shot)....

no doubt players could not care less about nominal fines that have literally no impact on them.

but if they had to sit out 10 games for crossing the line / intent to injure - I have to wonder if they'd be as flippant about suspensions, or lump the two (fines and suspensions) in together.

I doubt it.  Because no player wants, likes, enjoys sitting on the sidelines, period.

So the onus is on the league to separate the ineffective impact and equation of the leniency of these two things - and make players feel suspensions.   Until they do that, their 'discipline' remains an ineffective joke imo.

If you go on YouTube you can search for hockeyfightsdotcom and it will have most of them on there. 

Byfuglien and Gudbranson are good fighters but have avoided fighting the real heavyweights.  

How many of those guys can say they’ve fought Engelland, Derek Boogard (the entire NHL was scared of him) and Colton Orr? 

Archived