The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Question] Would U Trade Him?

Flame away, but I would.  We can hate the Oilers all we want, but still he's 21 and has 2 Ted Lindsay, 2 Art Ross and 1 Hart and he hasn't even peaked yet.

If Pettersson reaches the level of McDavid, his next contract would probably be 15M$ with the increasing cap (especially with Vegas' success and now Seattle coming up).  If Pettersson reaches 90% of the level of McDavid, he'll still make more than Eichel and his 10M$.

Sooner or later we will have to pay him.

sigh...............I guess if I had to, I would sell high on Hutton for McDavid, sure I would..

Yes, I know you are talking about Pettey, this is a 150% absolute no way no how non starter if you are the brass in Edmonton right now.

this is like asking me if I would trade my wife for a victoria secret super model.  IT aint never gonna happen, and I dont even want to think about it.

stop having these 'evil' thoughts and enjoy Pettie...

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So Vancouver finally gets some exciting players into the lineup. And fans want to trade them. 

Maybe just get NHL19, or a set of hockey cards then you can trade to hearts content. 

Is this a response to my original post? Because it's off the mark, if so.

The point was to say we have a gifted young player that's so special, there's no one in the league I'd swap him for. & I really like watching McD play, certainly acknowledging the guy's a legit superstar.

For sure. Pettersson is looking like he will be our franchise center for many years. McDavid is already the best offensive player in hockey and likely will be for many years. I just got my Pettersson jersey, my first jersey since I got my bertuzzi orca 3rd back when I was young, but if they trade was offered I would be thrilled. I love Petty, but McDavid is McDavid.

Archived