-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 08, 2018

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Wonder if the NHL follows though on their Instigator rule.

46.12 Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime): In the last five minutes of a game or in overtime, any instigator penalty automatically incurs a game misconduct rather than the simple 10-minute misconduct.

46.22 Fines and Suspensions — Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime)

If a player is deemed guilty of an instigator in the final five minutes or in overtime, he "shall" be suspended for one game, "pending a review of the incident." If the suspension is upheld, the head coach is fined $10,000. The fine for the head coach doubles with each subsequent incident.

They didn't give a instigator. They added a 2 min roughing penalty!

When they sent Brock back   home I didn't think we had a chance

Great to maul the Bruins in their own rink

Great for Loui scoring in his old rink

Edited by CharlieChan

1 minute ago, cory40 said:

If Archie had held up a second or two before engaging and tossing his gloves, they could have made a stronger argument for the instigator, but Achibald was too eager to pound on Boston flesh that came his way, and I can't really blame him.

• Upvote 3

Pettersson had an effective game despite only putting up one assist. The biggest thing is other teams are going to try and put their best defensive matchups to shut him down, which causes easier matchups for our other lines.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I call bull$&!# and they changed it then. I'm sure I heard the arena announcer call two minutes for instigating. 

• Like 1

I'm mad. I miss a savage beatdown on Boston because of work. :angry:

• Hydration 3

1 hour ago, Darius said:

is this for real?  did Vilardi get an account here?

Middlestadt actually

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

I'm mad. I miss a savage beatdown on Boston because of work. :angry:

Just watch the condensed version, you'll see all the juicy stuff there. :)

• Upvote 3

I love looking at the standings right now. And you can’t see the goals for but we are the 2nd highest scoring team in the league (2 begins Tampa). Great team effort by Louie,Bo,Guddy,Benji,Rousell and shotgun Jake! Way to go boys!

E4925F98-AD8D-4526-AE5A-7683FCC32B6C.png

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Bo Lieve this. 

This is dangerous team when wounded. 

JB signed 3 solid depth guys after picking up 2 more depth guys late last season in Liepsic and Motte. 

I was thinking the exact same thing about the depth pickups. Rouselle and Schaller were both great tonight. This was the kind of game they were signed for, tougher, more physical. Motte has become a key defensive cog and tonight Leiper had a better game. He's better when he simplifies his game.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

3 points, 3 takeaways, 0 giveaways.  Has to be his best game as a Canuck.  Definitely been picking it up the past half-dozen games, as he could have easily reproduced that against Detroit.  So huge if he can get back to the 20-goal 50-point level, like found money.

Like 6 million found money :lol:

Petey has his worst game of the season and the team responds by scoring 9. He did pick up an assist as well. Even when he's off he finds ways to produce. Lol. Hutton played his ass off. What a game for him. Bo looking like a monster. That first unit PP looks like it was missing Boeser's presence on the left boards. Good all around game from everyone that wasn't Markstrom.

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I was thinking the exact same thing about the depth pickups. Rouselle and Schaller were both great tonight. This was the kind of game they were signed for, tougher, more physical. Motte has become a key defensive cog and tonight Leiper had a better game. He's better when he simplifies his game.

hope during december russell and schaller pick it up more physical, saw it breifly during the game, but once russell gets it going im sure were gunna get more intense games.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, cory40 said:

He's up poop creek.

image.png.0a22840fcc2c233c6362ad96610a9a48.png

• Hydration 3