-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 08, 2018

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, xereau said:

Wonder if the NHL follows though on their Instigator rule.

46.12 Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime): In the last five minutes of a game or in overtime, any instigator penalty automatically incurs a game misconduct rather than the simple 10-minute misconduct.

46.22 Fines and Suspensions — Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime)

If a player is deemed guilty of an instigator in the final five minutes or in overtime, he "shall" be suspended for one game, "pending a review of the incident." If the suspension is upheld, the head coach is fined $10,000. The fine for the head coach doubles with each subsequent incident.

Pending review of the incident is key. I don't expect him to be suspended. I think this rule is more to prevent someone jumping another player. Krug came charging and was probably calling out to fight and he didn't even drop the gloves yet until after engaging with Archibald. They enforced the first part and that's about I expect and was fair.

I just got back from the future.  The Canucks just beat the Canadiens in game 7 of the final, 17-16 11 seconds into overtime.

RIP NHL goalie save percentages.  Good god.

• Hydration 1

Even for us rose-coloured homerz it's hard to imagine sustaining these results with the absences from the lineup, now including Boeser.

nice to have Tanev back, but in exchange, out goes one of the team's gamechangers at the other end of the ice.

impossible not to be impressed with what the guys still standing and the replacement depth are accomplishing.

nice to see LE net a few in Boston.

and the shutdown pairing in the absence of Edler/Tanev - Gud and Hutton, both with a couple points tonight.

hard to imagine this group scoring 8 goals with Boeser out of the lineup and EP managing a single assist, but go figure.

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

hfboards is on a whole other level.

it's situational.

CDC is experiencing a change of tone, but....

I recommend reading virtually any trade thread over the past few years.....or most GDTs.....or any thread that focused on whether the 'rething' started early enough, was a 'real' rething, or was tank enough.....or any thread that addressed the job Benning was doing.

Of course the responses are not monolithic like HF - which seems to be a circle-jerk of mopers, whiners and canucksmarmy types - but there was no shortage of 'HFing' around here as well.

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Horvat's not bad, but it's unfortunate we wasted a top 10 pick on a third line center.

/s?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Oilers lose, Sharks lose.

image.png.f4e82dacb2f18bfd806ea0cc8f30549b.png

It's completely amazing with the rash of injuries this team still manages to stay at the top of their division, near the top in goals for and near the top of the conference. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of doubt in the offseason whether the team would be able to score - or replace the Sedins 55 and 50 pts....

But thus far Pettersson, Horvat and Boeser have combined for 43 pts in 41 games.....

While Eriksson and Granlund have 9 pts each (better than ,5 ppg)  and Virtanen and Goldobin have 8.

Granlund has played almost exclusively shutdown minutes, while Virtanen has also seen his share of dzone starts and matchup minutes.

Over 82 games that translates into 258 pts from those top 3 forwards, and 164 pts from those next 4 forwards....

That would be reason for optimism imo if the team as a whole had been healthy, but under depleted circumstances - that's kinda remarkable.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cory40 said:

If Horvat is your third line center, then you win the Stanley cup! 

I agree - and I think the same can be said if he's your 2nd line center, given the quality of the bottom six.

If Horvat's your 2nd line center, EP is your 1, Sutter your third and Beagle your 4th = CUP!!

might need a bit more from the blueline....but that's a potential SC lineup down the middle.

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

Wth is with the early game tomorrow

Was looking forward to sleeping in but I don't mind waking up early on gameday and whipping up some scrambled eggs and bacon haha.

If Peterson is considered to be Gretzkyish then is this team like 80's Oilersish? They are just completely out scoring their problems. Just need QH to be the "Coffey" of the team. 

Another thing I'd like to point out regarding "the numbers" of this team so far this season is that they are reflective of a team that has had a lot of injuries, a fairly tough schedule and a sluggish start for Boeser .  While I don't expect them to continue shooting 12% or whatever they're at, I do think they will get a boost when/if they get healthy and that could help prevent them slipping as much as "the numbers" indicate they should.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

I miss KB3.

xpehvyzvk8x11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=af635994f1b8d2f95a1ac2f911ec3c472704ade8

Yeah, Murph.    In 2011, the Canucks lead the NHL in scoring.

This team is only 2nd  - with 56 goals - 2 behind Tampa.....so settle down!!

Edited by oldnews
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Tanev great all night, Hutton putting in the offense, Guddy with multi-points, Stecher dangling and scrapping... and MDZ tops in +/- tonight with +3.

How's that happen?

Image result for strange things are afoot at the circle k gif