Canucks Community
Rob_Zepp

This is Getting Harder to Ignore

Rate this topic

Great post.

unlike the three previous seasons, the Canucks seem to be far more resistant to the injury bug and seemingly have more depth everywhere (net, far, up front.....and even on defense).

I’m cautiously optimistic.  I love what I see so far give or take 1-2 things.  One game at a time.

• Like 1

I wonder where we would be if we were healthy

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Greener's done a fantastic job.  What I'm loving most is it's different guys stepping up every night, besides EP and Markstrom.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

well i could see us if all goes right getting a playoff spot and from that the next many years will be awesome for us again!

if we fall short so be it, but so far we have a group that plays hard

I am cautiously optimistic.

I love the way the guys are playing right now, they have something to prove. If the momentum continues when Sutter and Beagle are back they will have a very strong first half. 

When it was only 10 games into the season you could see the point when someone said "but it's only 10 games in - wait until 20 game to see what we have.  At 17 game in with all these injuries and the team's still rolling, you have to think it's real.  When the goaltending is good, the Canucks usually win.  When it isn't hot, they still win pretty often.

Before the season started, I laughed when people were concerned about losing the Sedins' 100 or so points.  I figured others would get those o-zone starts and their +/- would probably be better than the Sedins 5 on 5.  I thought possibly overall offence might drop, but goals against would drop even more.   Little did I know that we'd see one of the top offences in the league over the first 17 games.

I liked the addition of depth, and that's turned out to be crucial.  We now bring in guys who can play in the NHL when a starter is injured.  In fact, there's still a decent amount of competition for roster spots and guys get a chance to knock others off the line up when they get a crack.  Competition is live and well.  It makes me glad that I've been giving Benning the benefit of the doubt because it certainly looks like he's earned it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You lost me here:

There is no question the Canucks are not ready to be consistently competitive in the March/April sense and will fall short of the playoffs this yearI

I feel like people who say this are just covering their bases.  If we don't, they say "I told you so".  If we do, they get to be pleasantly surprised. 

Of course there's "question".

Why not just let it be?  Watch, enjoy and not have to project?  I have faith in this group and can honestly see them exceeding all expectations...they already are.  Let's leave it at that? 

I feel it does them a disservice to do this.  They believe so let's just give them that.

I do like what you go on to say, but just don't understand why people have to make proclamations of what we will or won't do.  No one knows, that's the beauty of it all.

Disagree, not enough depth yet and you can’t win in April with .900 goaltending but you can see the strides.   

I am am sure they believe.   I plan on rooting for them.   My guess is 85 points seems attainable.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Dude, I'm one of your biggest fans but when you say things like ... "There is no question the Canucks are not ready to be consistently competitive in the March/April sense and will fall short of the playoffs this year ..." 

It actually makes me root against you because ... at this point in time, there's no evidence to say we won't be consistently competitive when we're continuing to be consistently competitive ... AND ... we're beating great teams.

This isn't about the Canucks but rather people's ability to let go of their ego and need to fit in. 

Sorry, cannot even begin to agree that they are “there” yet but this progress has been impressive.   There are still too many defensive issues and their team save % won’t get it done but can see with OJ and Hughes on the back end and improved netminding, this is a team to be reckoned with.   Soon.  Enjoyable now no doubt.

I see what you mean in the first sentence but we are in a very weak division. We have a great shot at the playoffs.

It's a win win, if we make the playoffs, awesome.

And if we don't, we have a shot at Quinn's brother. Either way this team is trending in the right direction and we still have boat loads of talent yet to touch the NHL ice.

The future and the present is bright and we are one of the youngest teams in the league. 

Here's to decades of success, hopefully.

GCG!!

• Like 1