The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The maturing of Bo Horvat

*Buzzsaw*

On 09/11/2018 at 1:56 PM, zzbottom said:

Welp, you are all the experts...

Well we're missing Sutter and Beagle, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If anything it's impressive that we're not bottom with rookies and converted centers taking faceoffs for us.

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Why not both?  I'd take Schneider back in a heartbeat, for a 4th round pick :lol:

Been a Devils longer than a Canucks by now. What is surprising is that he’s played three AHL games this season and one last season... Schneider...

How the mighty have fallen...

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

Been a Devils longer than a Canucks by now. What is surprising is that he’s played three AHL games this season and one last season... Schneider...

How the mighty have fallen...

Apparently he had hip surgery in the off season and hadn't played a game until recently.  I think they probably had him play a few games in the AHL to get him ready.

https://apnews.com/354cc20ad18b4964bee5ea5db95dd842

Based on the first 5/6th of this season, I believe that Horvat is ready to be the captain of this team.  However, I also believe that management made the corrext decision heading into this season (4A’s).

I would give Horvat the captaincy either at the start of next season, or on Sedin appreciation night where Henrik would symbolically pass the torch (and C) to BoHo.

On 2018-11-11 at 12:16 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Well we're missing Sutter and Beagle, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If anything it's impressive that we're not bottom with rookies and converted centers taking faceoffs for us.

I was looking into whether we could trade sutter. Going through the reasons why to keep him and basically he has nothing that can’t be done by Granlund. The only thing Sutter has is faceoffs at 47%

horvat 54%

sutter 47%

gaudette 47%

pettersson 46%

beagle 46%

granlund 40%

granlund can definitely use some improvements in faceoffs but for a guy who is a shut down centerman sutter should be much better

basically the Canucks suck at face offs and that’s why Bo has taken as many as he has

5 hours ago, Wanless said:

I was looking into whether we could trade sutter. Going through the reasons why to keep him and basically he has nothing that can’t be done by Granlund. The only thing Sutter has is faceoffs at 47%

horvat 54%

sutter 47%

gaudette 47%

pettersson 46%

beagle 46%

granlund 40%

granlund can definitely use some improvements in faceoffs but for a guy who is a shut down centerman sutter should be much better

basically the Canucks suck at face offs and that’s why Bo has taken as many as he has

Sutter played against Stamkos and Kucherov, then against Crosby and essentially shut both of those lines down.  

There is no one comparable on the Canucks in terms of their defensive work. 

A foundational piece, if you will :)

On 2018-11-08 at 10:28 PM, 250Integra said:

You need a player like this to win you championships. If he keeps this up, he should be nominated for the Selke.

Do you watch other teams.

He’s probably top 15 but

barkov

bergeron

even Eichel has been deadly fourth in offensive zone possession sixth in shots 19 pts I know his plus minus is minus one but offense is a great part of defense after all

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Sutter played against Stamkos and Kucherov, then against Crosby and essentially shut both of those lines down.  

There is no one comparable on the Canucks in terms of their defensive work. 

A foundational piece, if you will :)

Don’t get me wrong here. Im a sutter supporter, and I’m not saying granlund is the better player.

sutter would fetch a nice return and granlund can definitely fill in as needed

3 hours ago, Wanless said:

Don’t get me wrong here. Im a sutter supporter, and I’m not saying granlund is the better player.

sutter would fetch a nice return and granlund can definitely fill in as needed

The team is at the point of trending upwards. You go with your best players rather than moving them. It's great to have a guy like Granlund that play wing effectively and fill in at center when injuries occur.

16 hours ago, Baggins said:

The team is at the point of trending upwards. You go with your best players rather than moving them. It's great to have a guy like Granlund that play wing effectively and fill in at center when injuries occur.

For sure the team is trending upwards

But as we have been witnessing lately is our goal scoring support is lacking. Outside of virtanen horvat and eriksson the forward group has been spotty. Pettersson is now facing better d matchups and is getting shut down and our goals against is horrendous for the amount of wins this team has

if sutter and say a second can fetch a scoring winger or defensively responsible type prospect it would help the team in the long run more than holding on to a player who will start the downturn of his career in 3-5 years. His injury time is also something to consider

Archived