The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson for McDavid.

littledreamer

Pettersson for McDavid?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Pettersson for McDavid?

• Yes.
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2018 at 11:52 AM

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It crushes me to say it, but yes. As insane as Pettersson is, his ceiling is at best, McDavid.

That's not an insult.

McDavid is the best player in the world. Pettersson might be one day, but he's not yet and there's no guarantee.

Once the speed goes McDavid is not nearly the same player.  I don't think he's a winner. One knee injury and McDavid will be shell of himself whereas Elias shows a complete game.  Yes McDavid is the better player but I think of the two Elias will prove to be a winner and McDavid still has far to go to prove that. 

5 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Once the speed goes McDavid is not nearly the same player.  I don't think he's a winner. One knee injury and McDavid will be shell of himself whereas Elias shows a complete game.  Yes McDavid is the better player but I think of the two Elias will prove to be a winner and McDavid still has far to go to prove that. 

I can agree that once both players are 38+ years old, Pettersson might be better, but at this point I think McDavid is still the better player. I think his speed will last a long time. Just look at Mike Gartner.

54 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Buddy are you kidding me?  Are we playing the hypothetical what if game?  What if Pettersson gets another concussion and is knocked out of the league?  Your argument is irrelevant.  McDavid literally entered the NHL as a potential best player in the NHL candidate and essentially was, and after one year he established himself as THE BEST player in the world.  Pettersson is going to have to get paid in a couple years as well, at their peaks they may be similar but right now, I'd take McDavid in a heartbeat

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I can agree that once both players are 38+ years old, Pettersson might be better, but at this point I think McDavid is still the better player. I think his speed will last a long time. Just look at Mike Gartner.

I agree, though if I recall correctly, Gartner did have the good fortune to avoid knee problems.

Linden was one of the fastest players in the NHL until his first knee injury.  I think he was third in the fastest skater contest at the All Star Game.

No way.  Said this in the other thread, but the only other guy since Super Mario who can compete with EP in the area of elevating the play of his linemates is Crosby.  Add in his tenacity on defense and we are witnessing greatness.

Not worried about it due to the unlikeliness of 2 division rivals swapping franchise centers, but there's no way I trade this kid.

Youd have to look at Mcdavids 2nd year in the NHL for a fair comparison as Mcdavid was only 18 years 9 months at the start of his rookie year. 

Elias started his nhl career at 19 years 11 months (1 month prior to turning 20) so he would have to eclipse Mcdavids 100 pt season or 1.22 pts per game this year. 

That being said, if he can put up close to similar numbers at his current cap hit, a trade would be asinine as that could buy you 2 more stars to compliment petterson and actually build a team instead of the coilers who blew their load on 4 players (33m)

Archived