The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton Oilers 2018-2019

Rate this topic

aqua59

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

becasue the oilers suck and he probably doesn't want to waste his career on a dumpster fire 

So if we make rhe playoffs more than once in the next 3 years we'll bein the exact same spot. 

You think EP going to demand a trade too?

58 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

So if we make rhe playoffs more than once in the next 3 years we'll bein the exact same spot. 

You think EP going to demand a trade too?

Well we're not perpetually inept at personnel decisions so no. 

Does this sound like a player who will be staying there long term? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well we're not perpetually inept at personnel decisions so no. 

Does this sound like a player who will be staying there long term? 

I love the rediculous claims on CDC. The bias here is unreal man. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I love the rediculous claims on CDC. The bias here is unreal man. 

What Bias? I'm not saying he's coming here but to deny how miserable he is right now with the situation is laughable at best. If they don't right that ship and fast he is gone, to a team that can actually build a winner. 

How many more prospects does that franchise have to fail before they get it. The denial from you is what is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

What Bias? I'm not saying he's coming here but to deny how miserable he is right now with the situation is laughable at best. If they don't right that ship and fast he is gone, to a team that can actually build a winner. 

How many more prospects does that franchise have to fail before they get it. The denial from you is what is ridiculous. 

Totally agree man. 100p going to demand a trade. 

Guess Bob already talked to the boys about making sure to lose for the rest of the season to go for another lottery win. They've been dropping off in the standings and look poised to finish even lower. Connor should stop wasting his prime there and get out asap.

30 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Totally agree man. 100p going to demand a trade. 

There are legs to this story, that franchise is a joke and everyone knows it. McDavid was Leipsic on a pig at first but now everyone knows they're treading water with too many pieces needed and no cap space to fill those holes. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

On 4/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

This post game interview, yikes. The look on Connor’s face around 45 seconds in when the reporter says they’ve been “clicking as a team.” And then everything he says (and doesn’t say) from that point on in the interview about missing the playoffs yet again.

Feel bad for this kid. Arguably the best player in the world and stuck in such a ****show of a franchise. No way the Oilers should be missing the playoffs for 3 of the 4 years of McDavid’s career to-date, especially with all the high picks they had before him. Unbelievable they’ve failed to assemble a team that can win.

Yikes is right wow, his sarcastic laugh after hearing the team has been clicking lately tells it all, he thinks that's a joke in his opinion, obviously he also just found out they were eliminated from the playoffs so lots of things are going through his head all of a sudden. Still he's very frustrated with his team and the direction the organization is going by the sounds of it, and doesn't look or sound like he has any trust in them. He then goes on about how it's been a roller coaster of a season, hard emotional and mentally, but when he said that I got the vibe that he's talking about some of the guys in the locker room and he's just tired of some of them. 

Something tells me if they don't improve next year and miss the playoffs again, or the management doesn't make some moves for next year he will be asking for a trade, he wants to be in the playoffs and if Edmonton isn't he will want to be moved.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

There are legs to this story, that franchise is a joke and everyone knows it. McDavid was Leipsic on a pig at first but now everyone knows they're treading water with too many pieces needed and no cap space to fill those holes. 

I watched the whole thing and then realized that was THE Marc Savard :lol:

He has gained few pounds rather quickly

3 minutes ago, DallasDrake said:

I watched the whole thing and then realized that was THE Marc Savard :lol:

He has gained few pounds rather quickly

To be fair hard to work out hard after the head injury he sustained, he spent quite sometime unable to deal with lights and sounds around let alone work out properly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

To be fair hard to work out hard after the head injury he sustained, he spent quite sometime unable to deal with lights and sounds around let alone work out properly. 

Ouch didnt know that. Feel like a fool now. Not the first or last time though. 

• Cheers 2

The problem McDavid is going to have is if he wants to go to a Stanley Cup contender they won't have the cap space or the assets to trade for him.  Tampa, Washington, Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Winnipeg, Calgary, San Jose.  Which team can afford his massive contract and has the assets to make a trade?

The team I see with real assets to make a legitimate trade would be Colorado.  If they win the lottery this year they will have enough to pull the trigger.  The questions is does McDavid want to go to Colorado?  Will they be a Cup contender anytime soon?  Does Colorado want to trade two young studs like Jack Hughes ( assuming they win the lottery) and Cale Makar for McDavid?

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The problem McDavid is going to have is if he wants to go to a Stanley Cup contender they won't have the cap space or the assets to trade for him.  Tampa, Washington, Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Winnipeg, Calgary, San Jose.  Which team can afford his massive contract and has the assets to make a trade?

The team I see with real assets to make a legitimate trade would be Colorado.  If they win the lottery this year they will have enough to pull the trigger.  The questions is does McDavid want to go to Colorado?  Will they be a Cup contender anytime soon?  Does Colorado want to trade two young studs like Jack Hughes ( assuming they win the lottery) and Cale Makar for McDavid?

Salary would be a big portion of the trade as well and if Connor demands out they're not getting full market value for him either. It'll be close because there will be a bidding war but not as good value as the Oil would hope for imo. 

I think Mcdavid gives it 2 more years in edmonton. If things don't improve massively then he'll ask out. 

Right now he'll stay. 

Eventually he will need to be moved. It's not good for the NHL the fans or Mcdavid for him to be buried in a small market like edmonton where it's hard to attract talent to. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I think Mcdavid gives it 2 more years in edmonton. If things don't improve massively then he'll ask out. 

Right now he'll stay. 

Eventually he will need to be moved. It's not good for the NHL the fans or Mcdavid for him to be buried in a small market like edmonton where it's hard to attract talent to. 

I’d agree with this. The NHL doesn’t want McDavid in Edmonton. It’s not good for the game really. Just like Gretzky had to go so does McDavid. New York or LA would be ideal for him.  Neither team has the assests to trade for him though unless LA wins the lottery. 

I don't think McDavid is going anywhere. Sure he's frustrated, the fans are frustrated too.

I'm kinda enjoying it because I loath everything Edmonton.

If the Oiler's owner lets McDavid move on he's the dumbest owner of the century. I can't imagine a successful businessman of his ilk not recognizing that he arguably  has the best asset in the game. A cornerstone to build around, one that has a long term contract in place. Lets not forget the shiny new building they play in either.

How long has everything been in place to move forward? 

I'm thinking more along the lines of this guy has the huevos to clean out all his old Oiler pals?

He must know by now this is the problem. 

10 hours ago, mll said:

And McDavid gets tripped into the net by Giordano.  The Oilers announced that x-rays came back negative, but McDavid will need to undergo an MRI back in Edmonton.

2DB68827-9096-4743-9902-B2F46E2965E3.jpeg

8D144C9A-1B75-460D-ABC1-693C64235B99.jpeg