ebey11

NHL has some explaining to do

Rate this topic

NHL: ho ho! hello slapdicks! i gotta tell ya, we don't really know what we're doing in terms of what happens on the ice, but off the ice, we're going to make a lot of money! thank you, and good day

I was inspired, here's my attempt

Edited by Xanlet
  • Upvote 1

This irritates me to no end because they won't admit that they were wrong. And who cares if they do? The damage is done.

1 hour ago, Rounoush said:

This irritates me to no end because they won't admit that they were wrong. And who cares if they do? The damage is done.

Why would they admit they're wrong? It's really an opinion. First you would need the league definition of "distinct kicking motion" and from there it is a matter of opinion whether a play meets that criteria or not. Ultimately it's an opinion as opposed to something as black and white as a puck crossing a line.

My opinion: hockey is played with a stick and a puck. All goals should need to be shot into the net with a stick.

1 hour ago, Xanlet said:

I was inspired, here's my attempt

Every single goal disallowed in the video has less of a kicking motion that Kuhnhackl's goal.... Poor poor decision... 

• Upvote 3

Just now, spook007 said:

Every single goal disallowed in the video has less of a kicking motion that Kuhnhackl's goal.... Poor poor decision... 

I scanned through the first page or so of youtube results and pulled those up. That's how easy it was to show the league's inconsistency

• Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Why would they admit they're wrong? It's really an opinion. First you would need the league definition of "distinct kicking motion" and from there it is a matter of opinion whether a play meets that criteria or not. Ultimately it's an opinion as opposed to something as black and white as a puck crossing a line.

My opinion: hockey is played with a stick and a puck. All goals should need to be shot into the net with a stick.

Consistency. You are overthinking this big time.

1 minute ago, Xanlet said:

I scanned through the first page or so of youtube results and pulled those up. That's how easy it was to show the league's inconsistency

Yeah it really disappointing to say the least.

I actually have a few choice words regarding this decision, but they would rather hard to read for all the #@%& etc

3 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Consistency. You are overthinking this big time.

Simpler said than done. Perhaps you're under thinking it. How do you get consistency on a call that's subject to an opinion of a motion?

• Upvote 2

lets not distract from the fact that tom wilson scored, then was screwed out of a goal, for an interference that happened AFTER the puck was already in the net

• Hydration 1

Brutal call but doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game.

• Upvote 1

I'm still mad about this

Bush league crap

Ahh well, it's just one of those things

I don't know how this can continue now that there is video review. I guess we are all blind with "homerism" and we are just looking at this(and many others) with bias eyeballs. 

I like how the NHL also makes it so that no one can comment on referee's actions as well. What a bush league and an embarrassment to our great sport.

• Upvote 1