The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ranking Primary Jerseys around the NHL

Bissurnette

Bored and can't sleep so I thought I would rank the primary jerseys around the NHL for the 2018-19 season. This is based on my own personal opinion, but I tried to be objective - although if I was 100% objective, I'm not sure I'd give the Canucks the 16th spot :gocan:. Enjoy and let me have that feedback.

Ranking NHL Primary Jerseys from worst to best:

31. Vegas Golden Knights - way too much happening and the colour scheme and logo are both terrible... bad design altogether.
30. Nashville Predators - jesus christ... they're going to blind someone with that yellow.
29. Anaheim Ducks - logo is absolutely horrendous.
28. Arizona Coyotes - just very bland and boring.
27. Florida Panthers - colour scheme isn't great, but the logo is pretty bad.
26. Dallas Stars - really don't like the green - it's almost like a seafoam green, and the logo isn't doing it for me.
25. Ottawa Senators - I like the colour, just was never a fan of the logo at all... or team name for that matter.
24. Tampa Bay Lightning - decent jerseys, just that nothing sticks out to me.
23. Edmonton Oilers - really hate the colour scheme and logo, but this jersey has history with Gretzky... only reason why I didn't slot it right after Nashville.
22. Washington Capitals - like the colours and the representation, but just always thought it has somewhat of a PJ quality to it.
21. Carolina Hurricanes - their jersey has been around for a while and they have established a history behind it.
20. Colorado Avalanche - I like the overall design of the jersey... can't quite put my finger on it.
19. Columbus Blue Jackets - cool jerseys and colour scheme.
18. New York Islanders - actually not a big fan of the jerseys especially the logo, but there is SO much history behind it that I have to respect that.
17. Calgary Flames - pretty decent jerseys, especially the away jersey... it's one of my favourites in the league.
16. Vancouver Canucks - really like the colour scheme and I am ok with the logo, I just don't like the Vancouver on top... although it might be boring without it.
15. Minnesota Wild - I'm a fan of the green, as well as the logo and the details inside it, it's sneaky good.
14. Winnipeg Jets - big fan of the colour scheme, meh about the logo but I really like the overall design of the jersey.
13. Pittsburgh Penguins - not a big fan of the yellow... not at all... but again with the history behind this specific jersey with Lemieux... gotta respect that. I actually liked it a lot better when they tried to 'modernize' the jerseys circa 2010.
12. Los Angeles Kings - I like the black and minimalistic design of the jersey.
11. New Jersey Devils - design is pretty creative and has somewhat of a classic look to them. I like the red as well.
10. Buffalo Sabres - again, I really like the design and colour scheme. It meshes really well altogether.
9.  San Jose Sharks - just a really cool jersey.
8.  Philadelphia Flyers - broad street bullies... history, cool look, design and I really like the orange and black together!
7.  Detroit Red Wings - quality jersey, original 6... just always thought it has somewhat of a PJ quality to it, just like the caps for some reason.
6.  St. Louis Blues - absolutely cool jersey. Logo, colour scheme, minimalistic classy design... can't say enough, obviously it's one of my favourites in the league.
5.  New York Rangers - this was actually a tie for me with the Blues' jersey, I only gave the Rangers the edge because they're an original 6 team.
4.  Toronto Maple Leafs - looks like the Canadian flag... gotta rank that high.
3.  Boston Bruins - hate the team, but damn those are some quality jerseys. The colour scheme, logo, design... it fits so well together and it embodies the culture of the team so well.
2.  Chicago Blackhawks - again, hate the team, but damn those are some pretty friggin' cool jerseys.
1.  Montreal Canadiens - history, style, just awesomeness... an absolute classic... can't beat that.

@Twilight Sparkle Alright since you included comments for yours... As for the Habs, the H stands fore 'Les Habitants' and the official team name is 'Le Club de Hockey Canadien'. To me I put that altogether and it represents les habitants de Canada (literal translation is 'Canda inhabitants', my figurative interpretation is 'Canadians'). To me Canadians are hard working, steel worker types... That's why I respect it so much. Plus the history of that franchise is just phenomenal.

31. Las Vegas - i dig the colour scheme of the jersey, but thats one boring logo, like fr

30. Arizona - a wolf head. exciting?

29. Florida - a logo fitting for side plates on the arm of a jersey. i would have the panthers up higher if they left the old logo alone. there was nothing wrong with it. keep the colour scheme of the jersey with the old logo and we talking top 10 here.

28. LA - I dont dig the simpleness and boring ass look these guys have. the fact they have 2 stanley cups with this **** makes me ill. they had threads that didn't need to "modernize" (see florida)

27. Tampa Bay - they'd be at least top 20 with the old logo. they really didn't need to "modernize" (see FLA/LA)

26. Ottawa - they've always been the team no one gives a **** about in canada, but at least here, their boring jerseys dont stand out as much as the rest of these guys

25. Dallas - They didn't need to "modernize" (see FLA/LA/Tampa). a star with a D. yawn.

24. Anaheim - i dunno. its the least offensive of the "modern" style threads. whatever.

23. Vancouver - Didn't need to "modernize" the way they did. i dig the first nations love and all with the logo, but that VANCOUVER above the orca is just AIDS and always has been

22. Winnipeg - EASY top 10 with the retro logo. i respect the current logo being military inspired but that doesnt give it a pass for being kinda boring.

21. Nashville - its a nice overall jersey. can't really complain about it

20. Minnesota - pretty creative but pretty monotone colour scheme. boring- just like the team for so many years but the artwork for that logo is great

19. Carolina - i always kinda dug the logo. obviously not beating the whalers logo, but its pretty slick for an expansion team

18. Boston - i respect tradition and all, but the B in the middle of a steering wheel or some **** doesn't work but simplicity wins

17. Columbus - like the 'canes, an expansion team that did their threads right and modernized it from cartoonish to sexy in a flash

16. Calgary - a simple flaming C that looks better than a flaming A and i like the orange

15. Edmonton - simple but always liked the blue and orange

14. Colorado - getting harder to justify jerseys now. the old logo and even the alternate modernized colorado rockies logo is good

13. NYI - we'll ignore the alternate jerseys they want to push and appreciate that signature logo. its great. mike bossy amirite

12. Philadelphia - simple flying P that kinda just screams hockey

11. Pittsburgh - an angry skating penguin. cool.

10. Montreal - storied team. never understood the "H" and really don't care but simplicity is key and props to them for never "modernizing"

9. Buffalo - man, that sabres logo has always been great. we'll ignore and forget the buffaslug was ever a thing.

8. New Jersey - love the devils logo. always have

7. Washington - all the way through these guys had consistently good threads. can't complain about anything

6. Chicago - one of the best in the biz

5  Toronto - they never "modernized" (except maybe 90s?) but that old school weed leaf was always great

4. St Louis - so simple but so great. very few can compare to the blue note

3. San Jose - a shark eating a stick. legit makes sense. its badass af

2. NYR - a traditional, underrated crest. doesn't get enough love

1. Detroit - unpopular opinion but the red wings have been consistent pretty much since they came in to the league and not "modernizing" like a lot of teams have and having bland, boring jerseys.

31. Sens - nothing good about it

30. Jackets - same as Sens

29. Flames - black C looks burnt out

28. Oilers - orange not a good look on them

27. Preds - Adidas ruined a good thing

26. Tampa - bring back old logo

25. LA - bland

24. Toronto - hate the new logo

23. Sharks - old jerseys were better

22. Ducks - not mighty enough

21. Isles - logo sucks

20. Vegas - like the logo, not the colour scheme

19. Jets - boring logo

18. Coyotes - just ok

17. Florida - ditto

16. Wild - ditto

15. Pens - good design, meh logo

14. Rangers - ditto

13. Devils - was top 3 until Adidas came in

12. Sabres - good overall

11. Carolina - much better than couple years ago

10. Dallas - huge improvement from before

9. Bruins - good overall

8. Caps - great design, meh logo

7. Hawks - ditto

6. Flyers - great logo, meh design

5. Wings - classic

4. Habs - classic

3. Avs - huge improvement from before

2. Canucks - remove Vancouver wordmark and it'd be #1

1. Blues - perfect

4 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

You know their primary jersey is the text RANGERS going diagonally from the top left to the bottom right, right? Their logo is nowhere to be found on their jersey.

Also, not sure why the Vegas hate. I hated their jerseys originally, thought it was bland, but I'm digging the colour scheme and the gold sparkles on their jersey is unique like none other.

i hate the reebok and adidas jerseys with all my heart so currently there's not a single uniform i can tolerate but since i love jersey topics here's my list

ottawa - 92-07 white centurion / 97-07 red centurion

vancouver - 97-07 white orca

calgary - 03-07 

buffalo - hasek era

edmonton - 96-06

toronto - 90s

new jersey - 92-07

pittsburgh - robo penguin

philly - dark jersey 2000s

rangers - lady liberty

san jose - 98-07

minnesota - 00-07

chicago - ??-07

los angeles - gretzky era

north stars - 88-91

washington - eagle

7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

31. Las Vegas - i dig the colour scheme of the jersey, but thats one boring logo, like fr

30. Arizona - a wolf head. exciting?

29. Florida - a logo fitting for side plates on the arm of a jersey. i would have the panthers up higher if they left the old logo alone. there was nothing wrong with it. keep the colour scheme of the jersey with the old logo and we talking top 10 here.

28. LA - I dont dig the simpleness and boring ass look these guys have. the fact they have 2 stanley cups with this **** makes me ill. they had threads that didn't need to "modernize" (see florida)

27. Tampa Bay - they'd be at least top 20 with the old logo. they really didn't need to "modernize" (see FLA/LA)

26. Ottawa - they've always been the team no one gives a **** about in canada, but at least here, their boring jerseys dont stand out as much as the rest of these guys

25. Dallas - They didn't need to "modernize" (see FLA/LA/Tampa). a star with a D. yawn.

24. Anaheim - i dunno. its the least offensive of the "modern" style threads. whatever.

23. Vancouver - Didn't need to "modernize" the way they did. i dig the first nations love and all with the logo, but that VANCOUVER above the orca is just AIDS and always has been

22. Winnipeg - EASY top 10 with the retro logo. i respect the current logo being military inspired but that doesnt give it a pass for being kinda boring.

21. Nashville - its a nice overall jersey. can't really complain about it

20. Minnesota - pretty creative but pretty monotone colour scheme. boring- just like the team for so many years but the artwork for that logo is great

19. Carolina - i always kinda dug the logo. obviously not beating the whalers logo, but its pretty slick for an expansion team

18. Boston - i respect tradition and all, but the B in the middle of a steering wheel or some **** doesn't work but simplicity wins

17. Columbus - like the 'canes, an expansion team that did their threads right and modernized it from cartoonish to sexy in a flash

16. Calgary - a simple flaming C that looks better than a flaming A and i like the orange

15. Edmonton - simple but always liked the blue and orange

14. Colorado - getting harder to justify jerseys now. the old logo and even the alternate modernized colorado rockies logo is good

13. NYI - we'll ignore the alternate jerseys they want to push and appreciate that signature logo. its great. mike bossy amirite

12. Philadelphia - simple flying P that kinda just screams hockey

11. Pittsburgh - an angry skating penguin. cool.

10. Montreal - storied team. never understood the "H" and really don't care but simplicity is key and props to them for never "modernizing"

9. Buffalo - man, that sabres logo has always been great. we'll ignore and forget the buffaslug was ever a thing.

8. New Jersey - love the devils logo. always have

7. Washington - all the way through these guys had consistently good threads. can't complain about anything

6. Chicago - one of the best in the biz

5  Toronto - they never "modernized" (except maybe 90s?) but that old school weed leaf was always great

4. St Louis - so simple but so great. very few can compare to the blue note

3. San Jose - a shark eating a stick. legit makes sense. its badass af

1. Detroit - unpopular opinion but the red wings have been consistent pretty much since they came in to the league and not "modernizing" like a lot of teams have and having bland, boring jerseys.

Did you not go to school in Canada? The H stands for habitant: an early French settler in Canada (especially Quebec) or Louisiana

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Um no. I have heard announces explain what the H stands for and their nickname is the habs... 

Like I said, it's a common misconception. I've read many hockey history books and they all say it stands for "hockey", in the context given by @goalie13.

Not gonna rank em all cause I am lazy, but I'll give you my top 5. 

5. St Louis Blues: Blue and yellow look nice. Very clean looking logo. 

4. LA Kings: Also love the color scheme, kinda cliche I know but hey I enjoy a simple black and white. Logo is clean and sleek. 

3. Vancouver Canucks: Call me a homer. I love the Orca. Was the first logo I seen of the Canucks. Consider me nostalgic. Color scheme is really nice too.

2. Montreal Canadiens: Classic, easily recognized logo. Simple, clean, nice colors. Just repeating myself at this point.

1. Detroit Red Wings: Pretty controversial to have over Montreal I imagine. But I love the Detroit logo. Love the colors. Great, great jersey.

Wanted to put Arizona and Nashville on my list, but the other 5 jerseys were just too good. Nashville misses out on top 5 cause of that atrocious yellow on their home jerseys. Arizona was close, I do really like the logo. Colors are pretty nice. Red and white is a nice color scheme, as made evident by my top 2 jerseys. Lol.

Tbh I love Arizona's logo/jersey. It's simple and speaks the territory of the team.

There are so many good ones.

Any original 6 team is automatically at the top of the list... even though I think many other teams have better jerseys.

LOVE Vancouver's color scheme of the green & blue. It screams earth/purity/nature, which represents the province well. I would hate to go back to the black/red/yellow.

Sharks Jersey's are great with the turquoise.

The only teams who I'm not too fond of are Washington (logo is meh), Tampa Bay (could do SO MUCH MORE with the name lightning), and Anaheim (they need to go back to the purple/turquoise ASAP). 

I don't mind Florida's logo & jersey. Not sure why all the hate. The Panther is rad.

Colorado with the purple & navy is nice. Screams Rocky Mountains!

My 2 cents! Too late to rank them.

I'm alone .

Altime favorite Jersey is the Canucks V multicolor commonly referred to as the Halloween costume.  We went to the finals most unexpectedly with it.  Took alot of guts to ice a team with that Jersey. Would love to have that as a retro every now and then. 

2.  Stick in rink original Canucks jersey. 

3.  Winnepeg current jersey

4 St Louis

5 Colorado

Not sure how anyone can like a jersey and hate the team 

Must be why I hate the leafs jersey the most.

Archived