The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Future, B.C: The Impending Resurgence of the Vancouver Canucks

Caknuckle Puck

39 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Saw this somewhere on HF recently. Didn't watch too closely..but it came across as a bit of programming-propaganda/ tired trolling schtick.

Is it worthwhile? Should I have paid attn?

Starts of with clips of the likes of Charlie Sheen and Obama and I'm like what the ---? Moves into the cup riot. Why? I don't have sound at work, but at that point I figured I was wasting my time and won't even bother when I get home and have sound. Seemed stupid.

:whip:Last year on this date the Nucks had

19 gms - 9 W - 10 L, 20 pts 48 GF - 53 GA

this year on this date not counting the game later today

21 gms - 10 W - 11 L, 22 pts. 65 GF - 75 GA

For future reference last season at 22 games, 11 W - 11 L, 24 pts, 65 GF - 65 GA.

Now lets stop putting so much pressure on the kids.

Great video...but he forgot one more guy...Zack MacEwen  is going to be our best other power forward after Jake...maybe our best even.

...and Jake is going to be a 20 goal guy this year...maybe he hits 30 by the time he is 24 years old....

We are set up for next year and beyond better than the Leafs ...due to there cap struggles...and the Leafs are setup better than any other contending team.

If Demko is any improvement at all over Marky and Nillson....we will be a cup contending team in  1 or2 years and for years to come after that...!

44 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

For future reference last season at 22 games, 11 W - 11 L, 24 pts, 65 GF - 65 GA.

Thanks for the reality check. To many fans extrapolate the prospects into unrealistic NHL careers. 3 seasons ago I thought the Jets were ready for a serious CUP run. They fell back and regrouped to this season when I think they will be taking another run. Canuck fans are so desperate for a team that will bring back some excitement that it overwhelms the reality and time line of building a serious contender. One more solid draft year! Benning can start fine tuning by dealing for pieces that fit better with his star talent.    

55 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Last year we got off to a great start thanks to Dorsett and having a healthy lineup...

Once Dorsy went down we still did alright until more injuries hit...and they kept hitting..

This year we have had many....many ...significant injuries ...and we are still 5th in the whole Western Conference ...after a 4 game skid....

Stop putting so much pressure on us fans ...who can actually see what is before our eyes...

The kids are alright....!

10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Stop putting so much pressure on us fans ...who can actually see what is before our eyes...

The kids are alright....!

What is "rushing" a young player? In what way does putting the weight of the team on their shoulders help?

The Sedins were holding up the team and sheltering Horvat from the pressure applied by over zealous fans that now actually believe this is a winning team and expect the early season play will continue. Should Pettersson be playing over 18 1/2 minutes a game so soon? Even Horvat wasn't getting that his first 3 years and Elias hasn't played an 82 game NHL schedule yet, he is bound to tire.

I posted last years stats not as a negative but a reality check.

The other 2 years

2015 - 22 gms - 8 W - 14 L - 22 pts, 64 GF - 60 GA

2016 - 22 gms - 9 W - 13 L - 20 pts, 49 GF - 66 GA

They are doing just fine but they should dial back EP a bit.

Archived