The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Nov. 15, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

I’m rather sick of the “we’re tired” excuse as much as I’m sick of the “we’re injured” or the refs got us.

could it be....just MAYBE....we don’t have the same talent the other team does and didn’t work as hard? It’s not that it’s the case all the time but hiding behind excuses gets you no where. It’s Only five weeks into the season and it wasn’t even a back to back. The team had 48 hours to recover and all we hear is how hard done by they are.

embrace the suck.

the rebuild isn’t over and there will be at least one year of transition with the Sedins those who don’t think that I’m sorry but are delusional.

Even when healthy:

the defense isnt good enough

the forward depth isn’t good enough

our goaltending is a joke compared to most nhl teams who make the playoffs

our best player is a 18 yr old kid who weighs less then my sister and now had just one assist in his last 5 games despite amazing dangles and talent. 

im not holding him accountable but we need more then one or to great players to be a playoff team which lots of you said this different year was going to become. That’s what five losses in six games? 

im sure we will be better but in time.

when you expect things too soon you get disappointed. Anyone who’s ever gone on a date with a classy girl knows that.

Just now, King Heffy said:

The entire team has been bad.  EP is one of the few guys still looking dangerous.

Can't agree with that.

Granny has been excellent night in night out.

So has Gud.

Horvat has had some very good nights - although appears pretty tired.

Hutton has been consistent. 

Virtanen likewise.

3 minutes ago, FedorFedorov said:

Put Gaudette down in Utica and call up juolevi for the sake of the fans. Quit buying tickets tell the owners we hate mediocrity. 

No thanks. Juolevi is making progress in Utica and I don't want him brought into a bad situation. We're down most of our top defensive guys, we don't need him coming in because he's no savior. Gaudette is doing fine. The Canucks weren't mediocre this season before injuries beat them down and I'd like to think most fans realize that.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Can't agree with that.

Granny has been excellent night in night out.

So has Gud.

Horvat has had some very good nights - although appears pretty tired.

Hutton has been consistent. 

Virtanen likewise.

That's fair.  Don't feel the need to single out a rookie who's put the team on his back far more than can reasonably be expected.

5 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

So little skill.

This is where not having a Matthew Tkachuk hurts so much.

Draft can't come soon enough.

aahhh yes, I see what you &^@# ing did there.  Now you guys have started to resort to the "should have drafted Tkachuk".  I tell you right now, same result, Tkachuk means no Pettersson today.

2 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Is calling up Dipietro way outa line here? Give him a game or two, lil taste of the bigs. Rest our mediocre goalies. Send Bto to utica. Crazy?

Why would we want to destroy his confidence by having him shelled before he suits up as Canada's #1 in the WJHC, in Vancouver no less?

Never mind the fact we can't use him even if we wanted to while we have 2 healthy goalies under contract.

Archived