The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Lots of people crying about the MDZ hit. At least he hits. Yeah...this one had bad timing but I want our players to be tougher every game and in this game he hit the habs young centre. Good job by MDZ. 

Quit crying. If the team scored more it would not have been an issue.

that's some weak lip stick you're putting on a fn stupid play.

btw - that wasn't a "hit" - it was interference - the puck was nowhere near the player - it was a cheap shot on a rookie - and if that were Pettersson, people would rightly be pissed.

Apologize for it all you want - but it was a fn brain cramp - a stupid, selfish, ill-timed penalty that was extremely costly.

"Good job".    If the object is to do idiotic things at crucial points of the game.

What's worse - it's not isolated - Del Zotto has been bloody awful this year.

8 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

I actually thought it was a great game.  Great effort, Bo was an absolute beast, EP keeps doing EP things, Hutton probably had a career best game.  All in all pretty pleased.  Sucks we lost, but it will be exciting to see what we can do when healthy.

When is this team ever really healthy though? It's been the same old song and dance with injuries for a few years now. Something about this team makes the players more susceptible to getting hurt. I dont get it.

Good optimism on your part though.

5 minutes ago, Riviera82 said:

When is this team ever really healthy though? It's been the same old song and dance with injuries for a few years now. Something about this team makes the players more susceptible to getting hurt. I dont get it.

Good optimism on your part though.

I posted earlier, at some point, I think you need to look at strength and conditioning coaches for certain things. Thinks like breaks are unavoidable but things like groins etc should be avoidable.  

9 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

I actually thought it was a great game.  Great effort, Bo was an absolute beast, EP keeps doing EP things, Hutton probably had a career best game.  All in all pretty pleased.  Sucks we lost, but it will be exciting to see what we can do when healthy.

Thank you.... about time with some positivity +1

1 minute ago, 406in604 said:

I posted earlier, at some point, I think you need to look at strength and conditioning coaches for certain things. Thinks like breaks are unavoidable but things like groins etc should be avoidable.  

I agree. Some people will say it's just bad luck but it's become an annual 'duration of the season' problem. One guy comes back from injury and then another one or more goes down and so on.

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

that's some weak lip stick you're putting on a fn stupid play.

btw - that wasn't a "hit" - it was interference - the puck was nowhere near the player - it was a cheap shot on a rookie - and if that were Pettersson, people would rightly be pissed.

Apologize for it all you want - but it was a fn brain cramp - a stupid, selfish, ill-timed penalty that was extremely costly.

"Good job".    If the object is to do idiotic things at crucial points of the game.

What's worse - it's not isolated - Del Zotto has been bloody awful this year.

Note to NHL player safety

PLEASE DO US A FAVOUR AND SUSPEND DEL ZOTTO FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON FOR THAT LATE HIT. :wacko:

MDZ doesn't see why it was a penalty.  From MacIntyre's game recap on Sportsnet:

“I haven’t seen the replay,” Del Zotto said. “My read on the ice is he moves the puck and I finish my check like I do every other play. Whether it’s a borderline play or not, it’s a 2-2 game with two minutes left to play (and) he’s put his whistle away a couple of times. I don’t know how you call that one.”

But Canuck coach Travis Green said of the hard hit: “It was a little late.”

1 minute ago, mll said:

MDZ doesn't see why it was a penalty.  From MacIntyre's game recap on Sportsnet:

“I haven’t seen the replay,” Del Zotto said. “My read on the ice is he moves the puck and I finish my check like I do every other play. Whether it’s a borderline play or not, it’s a 2-2 game with two minutes left to play (and) he’s put his whistle away a couple of times. I don’t know how you call that one.”

Whoever Scott Matla is, this must be the first hockey game he has ever watched. Was it late, yes but Brad Marchands resume of blatantly stupid penalties is just the tip of a massive iceberg of stupid penalties ahead of this one. 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Total moron.

from now on when I look at his face I will think moron.  I knew that face was suspect and now I know I was right.

I may we going against the current here, but I loved this game...Except the result obviously...

Bar from a total brain fart by MDZ, which should never happen for a vet in those circumstances, the game had everything, most of us have been crying out for.

Tenacity, aggression, hits all over the place, great goals, and all action...

There has been a few complaints about the D getting caught while over committing, but it has been refreshing to see the canucks force the issue. Yes, we do at times get caught on the break, but I rather see us forcing the issue to get the lead than sit back and hold on to 0-0 or 1-0 leads. 

This players are still babies in their NHL careers so let them grow...growing pains, but they are all getting better. None more so than Horvat, who drew comparisons the Patrice Bergeron by the commentators...

Also for everyone who wanted to ship out all our vets for picks and prospects, I think the last 6-8 games has shown, why you need vets in your ranks. Either Sutter or Beagle in the line up would give us a rested Horvat. And the defence has missed Edler loads despite the rest of the defence has played far better than most of us expected...

All in all for a rebuilding team, I have to say they've done good. Onwards and upwards...

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I may we going against the current here, but I loved this game...Except the result obviously...

Bar from a total brain fart by MDZ, which should never happen for a vet in those circumstances, the game had everything, most of us have been crying out for.

Tenacity, aggression, hits all over the place, great goals, and all action...

There has been a few complaints about the D getting caught while over committing, but it has been refreshing to see the canucks force the issue. Yes, we do at times get caught on the break, but I rather see us forcing the issue to get the lead than sit back and hold on to 0-0 or 1-0 leads. 

This players are still babies in their NHL careers so let them grow...growing pains, but they are all getting better. None more so than Horvat, who drew comparisons the Patrice Bergeron by the commentators...

Also for everyone who wanted to ship out all our vets for picks and prospects, I think the last 6-8 games has shown, why you need vets in your ranks. Either Sutter or Beagle in the line up would give us a rested Horvat. And the defence has missed Edler loads despite the rest of the defence has played far better than most of us expected...

All in all for a rebuilding team, I have to say they've done good. Onwards and upwards...

Need results. Every player on the team would rather have a sleeper with 2 points.

1 minute ago, 406in604 said:

Need results. Every player on the team would rather have a sleeper with 2 points.

Get what you're saying, but this is a new/ decimated team playing an attacking game of hockey.

We all want wins, and they will come as well, but I'm a fan... don't really fancy 82 game snooze fest season, even if it would give us a few more wins. 

Let them develop as a team. Bar a few all the game has been very tight fought affairs, and we will get there... Actually amazing that Green has been able to keep it so close without a third of the starting line up.

Archived