The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

What the blinking blank is going on in here?

Fire Green?

We have a million injures, most road games in the league and it's supposed to be a rebuild year.

Stop this nonsense and enjoy the ride.

And while I'm at it, Guddy and Rouseel are fine. This team needs the elements that those two bring. 

The fine folks at hfboards say he should be gone 

3 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

True.  Maybe Guddy can only do one things at a time well - he can either play a physical game but lose his puck skills, or play better with the puck but lost his physical game.  Those skills only overlap for short spurts.

The Gerald Ford of hockey??

2 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Don't be so defensive.  Just an observation.  We would have matches up better if we had full complement.  I was impressed with the fight in our dog last night but and encouraged by many things.  A game like that does tend to expose some players and areas of a teams game and our D struggled mightily.  

Edler's return sometime on this California trip should be a quantum upgrade over Poo or Dotty, but apart from him, there's no immediate help.  No-one on the farm team is currently any better than those on the big club, or they would be up already.  We have Hughes and Woo to look forward to eventually, one who will immediately become our best puck movng defenseman and PP quarterback,  and one who will likely become immediately our most physical. But all they are right now is potential, along with OJ, Rathbone, etc., but it sure seems like a long time of enduring mediocracy until their arrival.

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Edler's return sometime on this California trip should be a quantum upgrade over Poo or Dotty, but apart from him, there's no immediate help.  No-one on the farm team is currently any better than those on the big club, or they would be up already.  We have Hughes and Woo to look forward to eventually, one who will immediately become our best puck movng defenseman and PP quarterback,  and one who will likely become immediately our most physical. But all they are right now is potential, along with OJ, Rathbone, etc., but it sure seems like a long time of enduring mediocracy until their arrival.

The way i felt about pettersson when we drafted him is the same for Hughes, and look what pettersson is. I expect hughes to be a top 2 d-man who can put up points.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

What the blinking blank is going on in here?

Fire Green?

We have a million injures, most road games in the league and it's supposed to be a rebuild year.

Stop this nonsense and enjoy the ride.

And while I'm at it, Guddy and Rouseel are fine. This team needs the elements that those two bring. 

HF level hysteria after a loss.

I've been avoiding this PGT, being the train wreck it is (for the most part).

Fans either lose sight of the fact we're down 5 extremely important and valuable players, or they're choosing to ignore that fact so they can have a little tantrum.

As I said- HF level hysteria. Ridiculous

1 hour ago, spur1 said:

As long as he keeps letting in easy early goals he is not a starter. 

Not even a good backup. 

Wasn't saying he's a starter.  Markstrom plays best when he gets time off to rest and hone his game.  When played too much those soft goals come in.  I have no issues with him, in the short term, playing about 50 games (substantially less than the typical starter).  Hopefully Demko will eventually be the starter.  In the meantime, going with whomever is hotter between Markstrom and Nilsson is fine.  Not pretending it's the answer, when healthy will get us through the season.  The problem has been the health has pushed both goalies at times out of their comfort zone and they've struggled because of it.

3 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

This game wasn't all Marky's fault for the loss....but I sure wish he could make the big save once and a while when the game is on the line.

Funny thing is, I watched him make the big save again and again during the game. After the awful giveaway he played a good first period and saved more than 1 "sure goal". He was standing on his head while Winnipeg was running the game. 

I hate the soft goal/bad giveaway as much as the next guy, but he did his job last night and gave the team a chance to win that they quite honestly didn't deserve after that first period, and it's not like we were the only ones getting great chances when the game opened up in the third. It sucks to lose, but if he wasn't as good as he was it would have been 10+ goals against 

4 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

They are not anywhere close to firing Green but it would actually be 5 coaches in just over 5 years. AV was fired May 22, 2013 5 1/2 years ago almost to the day. AV, Torts, Willie, Green and ??...No the optics would not be good.

1) Green isn’t getting fired

2) Of course the optics would look bad.  GMs don’t often last long after firing two head coaches they themselves hired. ( that would imply making two pretty serious errors in judgement in a short span of time)

Hutton racking up the assists on pp1 playing with Petterson 

I never noticed before but is Pouliot not a good passer? 

Its interesting how Petterson has had 2 goals in 2 games that were carbon copies of each other with Hutton being the primary assist. 

Super excited to know Juolevi/Hughes will soon be QBing the PP with Boeser and Petterson on opposite sides. 

Im almost wondering if we need to spread out the talent and have Juolevi with Petterson and then Hughes with Boeser for a solid one two punch

PP1

Goldobin Petterson Eriksson Baerstchi Juolevi 

PP2

Boeser Horvat Virtanen Hughes Edler 

Man so many options.... 

Went to the game.... Wow on two levels... Well actually 3. 

1st of all... Pettersson is even better live people!!!!  Go see him!  Forget about the rest of the team... Or the other team for that matter!!! (He simply is better then everyone else)... I mean really wow!  

2nd... Winnipeg is a really good team... I mean these guys top to bottom are real solid.... Even with Hellebuck sucking in this game, it looked like an NHL team playing a AHL team.  If the Canucks don't win the cup this year... (Yah I know... I'm delusional... I'm okay with that).  I hope Winnipeg wins for Canada finally!!!  I mean they out shot Vancouver by over twenty!!!  And it was still and entertaining game.

3rd...  The hot dogs suck!!! And cost to much!!!  They said the food would be getting better but I think its worse and costs more!!!  Thats my only complaint really.

I love this team!

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Hutton racking up the assists on pp1 playing with Petterson 

I never noticed before but is Pouliot not a good passer? 

Its interesting how Petterson has had 2 goals in 2 games that were carbon copies of each other with Hutton being the primary assist. 

Super excited to know Juolevi/Hughes will soon be QBing the PP with Boeser and Petterson on opposite sides. 

Im almost wondering if we need to spread out the talent and have Juolevi with Petterson and then Hughes with Boeser for a solid one two punch

PP1

Goldobin Petterson Eriksson Baerstchi Juolevi 

PP2

Boeser Horvat Virtanen Hughes Edler 

Man so many options.... 

2nd unit is way better than the first. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

why? they've got a better coach currently.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Green is a good coach and without a doubt in my mind, the players and Jim Benning agree.

I was just frustrated. Losing ain't fun. 

Green has put together a playoff calibre team but he's got unlucky with injuries to key stars. 

Hope to see greener hoist a cup with us soon. 

Fire Green LOL . 

No Green is fine when everyone is back from injury  this team is fine. next year we will make the leap. JB needs to do some trading at the deadline and get us some more picks or prospects. Tampa would be a good trading partner or Florida. More speed and skill.

Archived