The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, cory40 said:

This is the Canucks 8th game. Every other night with Back to back in New York! What can we expect! They need a couple days rest. I can't believe this schedule!  

Get ready to play 3 games in 4 nights again!!! :(

At least those teams aren't doing hot.

d4c6ea0e2d387adadf284ac846b05090--innoce

Not really.

We fought back into the game. And like most games, even against the better opponents, we are in it to win it most of the game. I love Jake's new confidence. Vertuzzi has arrived! Petey continues to score, and wtf type shizzle with the puck. I like how when he loses the puck to another player the battle is not over, and he usually wins it back. Bo continues rumbling on like the lead bull in a migrating herd. Markstrom, right now, does not get proper d support. He can have his brilliant moments, but 5 - 6 goal games against every other game just isn't going to cut it.  Hoping Nilsson takes off where he left off when he gets healthy. A rested Nilsson + Markstrom = an adequate tandem.

Maybe a tad macabre, but one could look at the silver lining of these injuries in that the team can only improve, as players get healthy, even if its another month coming. Despite this slump, when the schedule gets better, and we get Brock back, its all good, barring more injuries. If the standings take a hit  now its good for the tankists and for the rest of us too that can see that we are actually a better team than the standings would have you believe.

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Get ready to play 3 games in 4 nights again!!! :(

At least those teams aren't doing hot.

Its a joke! I can't see them winning any of the next 3. And I doubt any team in the league would be winning these games! Its like a 11 game road trip! 

3 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Laine is like, the 5th best player on his team. Maybe even the 6th. Why does the media love him so much 

Well, I'd say because of all the highlight reel goals. lol Kid can score in a way you can't teach. Hopefully he decides to work on rounding out his game in the future. Right now he's definitely more of a Kessel type than an Ovi type everyone likes comparing him to.

12 minutes ago, Darius said:

I think I rank the jets ahead of the lames because no fan base hates our city or team more than the lames’.. have a quick visit to calgary puck lol..also jets are missing the weasel factor of tkachpuke .. it’s all subjective though... 

True.  I guess for me I got a lot of good friends from Calgary as well, who cheer for the Lames, which is one of their flaws.  I don't got anyone from Winnipeg and the Eastern Media loves them too much.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

If Ryan Miller truly is on the block, why not make a lowball offer on him?  LOVED him here.

Not worth giving up picks or prospect for him.

Canucks are not contenders... they have two NHL goalies... maybe not top of the line, but enough to get them through the season.

Miller is also a little past his due date.... you're looking back on a season when he was two years younger... he was great for us then... he's 38 now.  Lot of difference between 35-35 and 38 for a goalie.  He could only be a backup.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I thought Goldy moved his feet tonight. I liked... It's hard to say you liked guys' games in a 6-3 loss. But I thought he was pretty good." - Green on Goldobin

He was. 

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"They had us under siege in the first period. Marky kept us in it... I like how we battled back. I thought Gags was good." - Green

Gags was good and had some great set ups. 

Tough schedule, bad breaks. Things just aren't going our way right now but we are still battling. Hopefully we can get back in the W column but the schedule doesn't ease up anytime soon. The Cali teams haven't been great, even with our injuries we can probably win one or two but with our luck you never know. 

If we can hang in the hunt through this Cali trip and make it to the 2 day break in-between LA games we can reset briefly, & maybe we can get Edler or Boeser back at that point.  

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Why not?  Sharks are the only team doing anything, Ducks are mediocre at best, and Kings are crap.

When your this tired its the legs that take 20 minutes to get going. They are usually chasing the game by the time they get their legs! Its just the amount of games every other night now lets put some jet lag back in their. they are not going to start winning until they get some rest! Or play a very hang on and defend first period!

Archived