The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Team is going through the most ridiculous scheduling in the league. Riddled with injuries, and still manage to put up a decent fight in almost every game. Despite another horrible start with early allowed goals, they were able to regroup and make a game out of one they had no business being in. They could of packed it in and got shelled out of the building but they didn't.. They almost fought all the way back. That's a good sign moving forward. I can live with these losses so long as I see the effort night in night out. 

This is all huge exp for everyone. Horvat is really turning into a beast. Pettersson learning to fight through adversary. Hutton earning a legitimate spot on this team with his incredible improvement in play from years previous. Most improved player by far. Virtanen starting to really grow in confidence. 

Once some bodies come back to the lineup  and the team gets a little bit of rest, they'll be an even better team than before.

Got to give the team credit considering how much we are missing key players.  They were very close to tying it up.  

Very frustrated with Marky. I yelled at him to get back in his net but he didn’t listen.  You could just see what was going to happen. Can’t give up that goal against a team like the Jets. 

Petey is so smart.  He can control the play at his young age.  ...just amazing.  Loved him winning a puck battle against Laine in the 3rd.  

Hutty with 2 saves on an empty net shows we weren’t giving up. 

Jake looks like a different person this season. He looks like he is finally getting it.  Much more sure of himself

Poo wasn’t very noticeable tonight in a good way. 

Not upset with the loss at all, just disappointed for the team.   

Can’t wait for Brock to return.  Him missing from the team is huge. 

15 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

OMG, this big physical team won, imagine that, maybe it’s time we try to build one and win a cup, whatever it is we’ve been doing the last decade and a half sure as heck ain’t working.

Yeah! Let's bring Sestito back, and Lain, and Weise! Guys like those are what's missing for this team! :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Got to give the team credit considering how much we are missing key players.  They were very close to tying it up.  

Very frustrated with Marky. I yelled at him to get back in his net but he didn’t listen.  You could just see what was going to happen. Can’t give up that goal against a team like the Jets. 

Petey is so smart.  He can control the play at his young age.  ...just amazing.  Loved him winning a puck battle against Laine in the 3rd.  

Hutty with 2 saves on an empty net shows we weren’t giving up. 

Jake looks like a different person this season. He looks like he is finally getting it.  Much more sure of himself

Poo wasn’t very noticeable tonight in a good way. 

Not upset with the loss at all, just disappointed for the team.   

Can’t wait for Brock to return.  Him missing from the team is huge. 

I think this is a perfect game for the team.  They were outplayed by a better, more developed team.  However, they had many successful moments to build on.  Our players we had on at the end to try to tie it were Horvat, Petersson, Goldobin, and Virtanen.  That is awesome that they are getting that experience and are already good enough that the coaches believe they have a chance.  

We have 23 and 20 year old centers who are 22nd overall in scoring for centers.  Goldobin, Boeser, and Virtanen are all in the top 40 RW scorers even with Boeser missing time and Goldy and Jake playing less minutes than most too scorers.  Throw Baertschi back in and wait for Dahlen, Lind, Gaudette to get up to speed and the rebuild is right on track.  

I don't care if they win games, I just want to see the young guys battling and scoring.

15 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Yeah! Let's bring Sestito back, and Lain, and Weise! Guys like those are what's missing for this team! :rolleyes:

Sestito yes. Lain has played 2 NHL games and last played in the ECHL (no longer playing). Weise was never a tough guy but forced to fight to keep his spot on the team. 

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

We kind of came of life after his scrap.  What didn't you like?

Serious? He got in like 5 punches after the refs stepped in and Tanev was already on the ice (can clearly see how pissed off Tanev was because of this). He is a gutless puke with a reputation for either jumping guys before they can even take their gloves off or still going after the refs jump in. 

Whenever I watch this team I always notice that our forchecking is very hit or miss. Sometimes we dump the puck in and no one even attempts to challenge the defender or will just wave there stick and move by. Look at how the jets played us tonight. They got in on the forecheck and went after the defenders instead of giving them time and space. It would make us much more dangerous if we didn’t do fly by’s. 

Archived