JustNazzy

Pettersson favorite for Calder Trophy - "unanimous selection"

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, drummerboy said:

Little early for the scotch isn’t it Alf?

Don't need scotch to hate the bad guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dahlin is not at all, even in the same convo with EP the Great!!!  Dahlin is a softy, and we (as true Canuck's fans) should hate his guts!  (unless he's playing against the Leafs, of course.)

He makes mistakes all over the ice, and the Sabre goalie is bailing him out all the time.  

Dahlin makes me :sick:

Hughes will be a more impacting player!!!!

EP wins the Calder this year, and Hughes (Quinn) wins it this year!!!  Book it!!!  Alf has spoken!!!

 

Oh Bert was a fabulous player; the Alf's named a farm truck after him.  We called it "Big Todd".  

This post gave me cancer

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

But I thought PWF’s don’t develop until they are in their mid 20’s 

True.  BT will be at the Bertuzzi level once he develops.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Butters Stoch said:

This post gave me cancer

Petey is winning the Calder!  

The way Dahlin gets pounded, and puts himself into bad spots, he's going down soon.  He should be in the minors, and developing properly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is winning the Calder!  

The way Dahlin gets pounded, and puts himself into bad spots, he's going down soon.  He should be in the minors, and developing properly.  

Dahlin is heating up and will be the strongest threat to EP for Calder along with Tkachuk - who at this point, is out PPG-ing EP while being a year younger. 

 

You dont have to spread BS propaganda against other players just because they are from another team. Dahlin is on the Buffalo PK, is going around 0.45 PPG in his FIRST pro season as a defenceman. That is putting him in the Calder convo, period.

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Dahlin is heating up and will be the strongest threat to EP for Calder along with Tkachuk - who at this point, is out PPG-ing EP while being a year younger. 

 

You dont have to spread BS propaganda against other players just because they are from another team. Dahlin is on the Buffalo PK, is going around 0.45 PPG in his FIRST pro season as a defenceman. That is putting him in the Calder convo, period.

 

I do believe it's my right (especially since this is a Canuck's board) to state my opinion, even when it's a bias one, no?

I have seen Dahlin play a lot, and in my OPINION he makes too many risky plays that could cause him injury.  I see him getting badly injured.  IMO he should be in the minors, and developing properly.  

I do like BT.  He's a very good young player, who is showing he belongs in the league.  Dahlin, no so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I do believe it's my right (especially since this is a Canuck's board) to state my opinion, even when it's a bias one, no?

I didnt say you should shut up and not have posting rights, i said stop spreading BS propaganda. Difference. 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I have seen Dahlin play a lot, and in my OPINION he makes too many risky plays that could cause him injury.  I see him getting badly injured.  IMO he should be in the minors, and developing properly.  

I do like BT.  He's a very good young player, who is showing he belongs in the league.  Dahlin, no so much. 

Risky or not, its working for him so far. And until he gets injured, you don't have a case. 
Dahlin would be an automatic walk-in in our lineup or 90% of the lineups in the NHL today. A 19 year old D that is killing penalties and getting nearly 20 min TOI, while being over 0.4 PPG in his rookie season, is by definition, showing he belongs. 

If Dahlin was a canuck, he'd automatically be our 2nd most important LD after Edler right now. Thats how good he's been playing. 

If a rookie defenceman is showing he doesnt belong, despite killing penalties in a team that just went 10-0-0 and averaging 0.4 PPG, then EP also does not belong in the NHL. 
Maybe we should sit him out until the kid grows up enough to not be one-handed body-slammed on the ice by an average sized defenceman.

See, works both ways.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Dahlin is heating up and will be the strongest threat to EP for Calder along with Tkachuk - who at this point, is out PPG-ing EP while being a year younger. 

 

You dont have to spread BS propaganda against other players just because they are from another team. Dahlin is on the Buffalo PK, is going around 0.45 PPG in his FIRST pro season as a defenceman. That is putting him in the Calder convo, period.

 

So simple, don’t know how this is confusing. EP is slumping, that’s ok but he’s not a slam dunk for the Calder as much as he was before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

I didnt say you should shut up and not have posting rights, i said stop spreading BS propaganda. Difference. 

Risky or not, its working for him so far. And until he gets injured, you don't have a case. 
Dahlin would be an automatic walk-in in our lineup or 90% of the lineups in the NHL today. A 19 year old D that is killing penalties and getting nearly 20 min TOI, while being over 0.4 PPG in his rookie season, is by definition, showing he belongs. 

If Dahlin was a canuck, he'd automatically be our 2nd most important LD after Edler right now. Thats how good he's been playing. 

If a rookie defenceman is showing he doesnt belong, despite killing penalties in a team that just went 10-0-0 and averaging 0.4 PPG, then EP also does not belong in the NHL. 
Maybe we should sit him out until the kid grows up enough to not be one-handed body-slammed on the ice by an average sized defenceman.

See, works both ways.

 

IMO Dhalin is not as good as the eastern biased propagandist media portrays.  The kid is due for a BIG injury if he doesn't learn to play a smarter game.  It's not a matter of if, but when. 

Again, Brady T. is a good player, and I do see him as having an excellent season and career.  I am not nearly so high on Dahlin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMO Dhalin is not as good as the eastern biased propagandist media portrays.  The kid is due for a BIG injury if he doesn't learn to play a smarter game.  It's not a matter of if, but when. 

Again, Brady T. is a good player, and I do see him as having an excellent season and career.  I am not nearly so high on Dahlin.  

I agree with Tkachuk. You have to give Ottawa a lot of credit for their record in drafting talent down through the years. Not many teams that have done a better job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMO Dhalin is not as good as the eastern biased propagandist media portrays.  The kid is due for a BIG injury if he doesn't learn to play a smarter game.  It's not a matter of if, but when. 

You mean like our 'already 1 concussion under his belt' potential super-star ? Seems like Dahlin is more durable than EP at this point........

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again, Brady T. is a good player, and I do see him as having an excellent season and career.  I am not nearly so high on Dahlin.  


Yeah because Hart Trophy defensemen before they are 25 years old is just as common as Hart Trophy forwards, so Dahlin is clearly not living up, eh ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady Tkachuk - 16 points (9 goals) in 14 games

Elias Pettersson - 21 points (13 goals) in 21 games

 

It's going to be close, Pettersson better start ramping things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Brady Tkachuk - 16 points (9 goals) in 14 games

Elias Pettersson - 21 points (13 goals) in 21 games

 

It's going to be close, Pettersson better start ramping things up.

he easily could have had 27 points if not for posts and skinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still feel that Pettersson can pull away from Tkachuk, now that Brock is back. Hopefully they'll start to click again.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Brady Tkachuk - 16 points (9 goals) in 14 games

Elias Pettersson - 21 points (13 goals) in 21 games

 

It's going to be close, Pettersson better start ramping things up.

Brady is a monster, great player. He could save Ottawa from surrendering the 1st OA if he can keep it up. 

 

EP40 is a year older and 40lbs lighter.  I see EP40 getting back on a roll with healthy bodies back in the line up. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I still feel that Pettersson can pull away from Tkachuk, now that Brock is back. Hopefully they'll start to click again.

EP will be fine, his shooting percentage was unreal to start the year and now it’s evening out.  With Boeser available to take his great passes his assists should go up which will kind of average things out.  He’s so good that he will adapt as the year goes on, my only concern is how his body holds up once we get past the 60 game mark, unknown territory for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Brady is a monster, great player. He could save Ottawa from surrendering the 1st OA if he can keep it up. 

 

EP40 is a year older and 40lbs lighter.  I see EP40 getting back on a roll with healthy bodies back in the line up. 

Agreed.  Once there is more going on with our forwards that make it harder to defend against us more opportunities will come EPs way to score or make a great play.  BT is doing exactly what Ken Campbell said he would before the draft when there were some rumours he would slide right down to us or past us (and that all the teams that passed on him would come to regret it).   He predicted that he would be the best forward coming out of the draft, possibly even the best player (supplanting Dahlin), that he’d play like a 6’3” Claude Lemuiex with more offense...which was highly underrated (or at least looks that way so far).   The best US player last year as a 17 year old in the WJs is showing that he belongs, and that he can make an impact right away.  

 

Dahlin is also doing well for a draft plus zero, not many defenseman do as well as he is right out of the draft.  Some stiff competition in the second quarter of the season...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tkachuk has had some consistency in his line mates which have produced more than Pettersson’s line mates. Points seem harder to come by for Pettersson. Stone and White > Goldobin and Eriksson or Virtanen. However now that Boeser is back in the lineup we should see more points for EP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I still feel that Pettersson can pull away from Tkachuk, now that Brock is back. Hopefully they'll start to click again.

 Said Horvat, who owns a 54.5 per cent face-off success rate. “It’s going to be great to have that double (power play) threat.

“Obviously, Petey has established himself on the half wall pretty well and guys respect his one-timer. To have Brock on the other side and Eagle (Edler) feeding both of them, they’re going to have to pick and choose which guy they’re going to cover now. It’s going to be huge for our group.”

 

Nice read here

 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-power-play-has-right-pieces-right-shot-options-to-unlock-potential?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1543446594

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.