xereau

[GDT] Nucks at Ducks Nov 21 2018 US Turkey Day Edition!

Rate this topic

The Canucks are scoring even less goals and than last year against a goalie that’s playing lights out this year. 

3-1 Ana EP with the only goal

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

A lot of contempt for Goldobin in the recent GDTs, but.....

He has 13 pts - and that's despite struggling to finish for large stretches this year (must have a half dozen posts/crossbars already).

That puts him on pace to score 45-50 pts this year - and I'm not sure he's met his potential early this season.

Anyone would have turned down a 45-50 pt season from Goldobin?   If you would, you're nuts.

That actually is close to the production of a Sedin of last year - a lot of concern about where their replacement production would come from.

He's had similar opportunities (although fewer minutes) than they had - and he's producing in their wheelhouse.

That's also playing in a lineup where there are a couple top 6 forwards, one or two top 4 D, a couple premier shutdown C - out of the lineup virtually every night.

Perhaps deserves a bit more credit and less whipping boy tendencies (fortunate for him he's not alone) - along with the production, there have been reasonable strides in his 200ft game imo.

Yup.

5 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

that first line :sick:

gotta get Horvat some help.

First two lines, really. If we don't find a couple of talented wingers in FA or the draft then all this will be for nothing.

IMO you throw all the money in the world at guys like Panarin and Stone. We need wings like a fat man on Tuesday night.

6 hours ago, xereau said:

__________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Goldobin should lead the team in corsi (CF%) - he leads the team in offensive zone start % (70.4%)

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

A lot of contempt for Goldobin in the recent GDTs, but.....

He has 13 pts - and that's despite struggling to finish for large stretches this year (must have a half dozen posts/crossbars already).

That puts him on pace to score 45-50 pts this year - and I'm not sure he's met his potential early this season.

Anyone would have turned down a 45-50 pt season from Goldobin?   If you would, you're nuts.

That actually is close to the production of a Sedin of last year - a lot of concern about where their replacement production would come from.

He's had similar opportunities (although fewer minutes) than they had - and he's producing in their wheelhouse.

That's also playing in a lineup where there are a couple top 6 forwards, one or two top 4 D, a couple premier shutdown C - out of the lineup virtually every night.

Perhaps deserves a bit more credit and less whipping boy tendencies (fortunate for him he's not alone) - along with the production, there have been reasonable strides in his 200ft game imo.

Let's not forget he is a Russian born player and hasn't threaten the team with the KHL. We got this kid for nothing as well. The way he keeps playing and with our offence looking bright in the future kid has a shot to be a strong 30 to 40 goal scorer; his shot needs a great deal of work but he is 23 so no where near his full potential and yet putting points up nightly.

The Nucks are going to need a LOT of puck luck to win tonight and Marky will need to stand on his head and not let in any softies.... the losing streak continues... 4-2 Ducks...

1 minute ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

You mean the new color scheme, right?

its got me... revved up like a deuce
another runner in the night

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Let's not forget he is a Russian born player and hasn't threaten the team with the KHL. We got this kid for nothing as well. The way he keeps playing and with our offence looking bright in the future kid has a shot to be a strong 30 to 40 goal scorer; his shot needs a great deal of work but he is 23 so no where near his full potential and yet putting points up nightly.

I wouldn't consider Honey Badger "nothing" - but he was a good rental/rebuild return despite the fact the team did not get a pickzz!!!!

I also think he has a good, deceptive release - maybe just needs a bit more puck luck as opposed to a great deal of work.

I'm pleased with his work ethic though - he's made huge strides since when he arrived here (simply did not have an NHL ready game at that point)

9 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Whatever, he still makes a lot of Bone head plays....blind passes to no one...gets pushed off the puck easily....would still happily replace him with Boucher or Dahlin 

17 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Me an mrs power down in Cabo san lucas for our 25th anniversary! Mrs power passed out, im tryn to foinb the game on my uipad. Hope icn gettr done an wach the game on my eyepad.! Go canucKs gO!

You may need to put the bottle down or you'll pass out an miss the game.... have a coffee or a pot or 2 but no more booze.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wouldn't consider Honey Badger "nothing" - but he was a good rental/rebuild return despite the fact the team did not get a pickzz!!!!

I also think he has a good, deceptive release - maybe just needs a bit more puck luck as opposed to a great deal of work.

I'm pleased with his work ethic though - he's made huge strides since when he arrived here (simply did not have an NHL ready game at that point)

Actually there was a 4th round pick coming back in the Hansen trade that became Jack Rathbone....who's having quite a season so far in the NCAA.

• Thanks 1