The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to fire Travis Green?

FedorFedorov

It's too early to fire Green as he is in his 2nd year.  Quinnville is the coach that is available but I'm not so sure I want him.  I'd give Green a chance to prove himself with this team.  I get that he is stubborn with how he runs but look at success he did with Hutton and Goldobin.   I'd wait until he get all injured players back and then we can truly evaluate his worth with full NHL roster.    The only pet peeve I have with him is usage of Pouliot.   I hope that he sees what I'm seeing, costing us many games with his turnovers.   If I'm him, I wouldn't play Pouliot but instead, sit him down and hope that he would get it before giving him another chance.   

No.

In fact, I believe he will become our LONGEST TENURED HEAD COACH just to spite the OP.

He'll lead us to a Stanley Cup with Pettersson, Horvat, and Boeser leading the charge and BOBROVSKY in net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WILL HAPPEN!

(JK, he shouldn't be fired, tho, and instead he'll be around for at least another 2 seasons).

1 hour ago, FedorFedorov said:

As many of you know, I am not a big fan of Travis Green at all. Although he is not given much to work with, I think he is an amateur coach. There were red lights from Utica fans during his tenure there of his stubbornness to keep playing certain players and his tactical knowledge. Let's not forget he has never won anything in the AHL level at all. 

What do you think?

BOY! Don't make me get my meme maker out.......

Can you even begin to understand, wrap your head around, or even partially comprehend the potential ramifications of firing a homegrown head coach who is well liked by his players, 2 years into his position after already firing 3 coaches since 2013? 

Just because you have a kneejerk opinion about him that makes you look wet behind the ears as a hockey spectator doesn't mean you should share it. 

You might not like him yourself, but you should also know he will not be fired any time soon. 

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Yep. 7 losses in a row in this day and age is unacceptable. He thought he could be "buddies" with the players, WRONG. You need to be a coach and be FIRM with them but now he can't do that, he can't go from being Mr. Nice Guy to being coach lub-a-dub. Willie made the same mistake too.

BRING BACK MIKE KEENAN!

Yes exactly. Someone else who gets it. 

Time to upgrade with Quenneville and Mclellan available.

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Canucks were in first not that long ago, despite key injuries on an already lackluster roster.

He's doing just fine.

Torts had Canucks off to a pretty good start too and look what happened after that.

Archived