The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to fire Travis Green?

FedorFedorov

Would a new coach really make this team better? No, they are what they are, at this time. The Canucks biggest problem isn't coaching or even goaltending and D - it's injuries. With a healthy squad, this team could be in the playoff hunt. But sure, blame Green.   

13 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

As many of you know, I am not a big fan of Travis Green at all. Although he is not given much to work with, I think he is an amateur coach. There were red lights from Utica fans during his tenure there of his stubbornness to keep playing certain players and his tactical knowledge. Let's not forget he has never won anything in the AHL level at all. 

What do you think?

Im not a big fan of Fedor Fedorov. Where is Bieksa when you need him to do damage control. 

13 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

As many of you know, I am not a big fan of Travis Green at all. Although he is not given much to work with, I think he is an amateur coach. There were red lights from Utica fans during his tenure there of his stubbornness to keep playing certain players and his tactical knowledge. Let's not forget he has never won anything in the AHL level at all. 

What do you think?

We should ban you from this forum is what I think.

I would rather we had hired a veteran coach, but there is no sane reasoning that Green should be fired at this point.

He has a terrible roster overperforming and a lot of it is on the backs of him developing a couple of iffy young players like Hutton and Virtanen who could just as easily be on the junk pile.

The team is playing hard and not showing signs of tuning him out or giving up.

I don’t doubt he gets fired at some point, all coaches do... but that day is at least a season or two away.

14 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

What do you think?

Dear Alain,

We're not going to re-hire you. Please stop.

Archived