The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 27, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Mikey87 said:

Possibly still injured? Something doesn’t look quite right with him. He’s never been known for his speed but he couldnt keep up for most of the game.

Boeser looked good for his first game back. Skated well and had a great chance. 

Next game is ours! 

confidence is a big thing....he seems to be lacking some; therefore, he is always a step behind or fighting the puck.

2 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Looks like "Petey" has some serious Calder competition from the younger Tkachuk brother, and hes a year younger than EP. Should be a good battle the rest of the season

I mentioned this earlier - if the points are close at the end of the year EP wins because of the wow factor but if BT is up by 10 or 15 points it will be be close.

Just now, Down by the River said:

It really reminds me of when the Canucks put out a mic'd up video of Sutter, and you could see just how much of an impact he had on guys' positioning, adjustments, etc. 

Against a team like LA, and in those blown leads to Det and Buffalo that set the losing streak in motion, I think he really would have helped out. 

Players like the three mentioned are the types of players that lead by example. Giving it every shift. As well, all are big boys who look forward to games against teams like the Kings. Put those three in and give Brock a week or two to reacclimate, and this is a different game. 

It just seemed like a weird game right from the start. I thought we looked slow. It certainly wasn't one of the more exciting games of the season

We got so many chances and just could not finish.  I know there are nights like this but -  watch the kids grow, take the  point and run. Incoming Vegas

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

I mentioned this earlier - if the points are close at the end of the year EP wins because of the wow factor but if BT is up by 10 or 15 points it will be be close.

I don't know...Tkachuk brings that grit game that EP doesn't which might sway some Calder voters and EP has the wow factor in Oct./Nov. what if BT is wowing people in Mar./Apr.? Like I said, should be a good battle the rest of the season.

Boeser should not have been out there during OT.  First game back and he looked like he was laboring in his skating all night long.

Also not loving Tanev's game.  Makes some real bone headed plays, and his lack of offensive awareness really hurts when he has offensive zone starts or when the puck lands on his stick.  Zero creativity, and often throws it up the wall.

it would be nice to have a dynamic offensive minded D man.

this d likes to dump the puck out of the d zone - they just hand the puck back to the other team.

on the rush they like to dump it in, - again...just hand the puck back to the other team

You got those big LA oaf d men back there and you are dumping it in expecting EP, Brock and 77 to get it back?  come on.  painful to watch.

alright, thats my gripe.  on to the next one.

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Boeser should not have been out there during OT.  First game back and he looked like he was laboring in his skating all night long.

Also not loving Tanev's game.  Makes some real bone headed plays, and his lack of offensive awareness really hurts when he has offensive zone starts or when the puck lands on his stick.  Zero creativity, and often throws it up the wall.

Tanev is auditioning for Toronto

Archived