The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 WJHC Pool - Group B

Spoderman

With Alex Formenton injured and now clearly out of the tournament...(he was carrying his crutches under his arm at the game yesterday against university allstars, so i was hopeful) and also with Nic Beaudin sent home (had a fabulous game yesterday but might be a little undersized as i saw him bounce back about 3 feet when he laid a hit on a university player) ...

...with that happening I have to ask when this next phase of the draft is? I saw it in the mix..like a repick for slots whose players get cut. I will need to pick two dudes, hopefully not more)

Rules:

Each team will consist of 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 Country's Goaltending (ex. Team Canada Goalies).

Snake draft order. Draft order to be determined.

The majority of the draft will be done offline, so as soon as 10 teams have been filled we will use a website to determine the draft order *Website is http://www.draftpicklottery.com/*

If a player is injured before the tournament, his team may choose to replace him with another player who has yet to be drafted. If a player is injured during a tournament game, he may not be replaced.

If a player is chosen but fails to make the final cut for his team, his team may choose to replace him with another player who has yet to be drafted.

No trading picks.

You may change your pick at any time until the next pick is taken.

The winner of Group B will advance to Group A's invite only pool next year, and the loser of Group A will be demoted to Group B next year.

In the event of a tie, the GM with a higher Points Per Game average will be ranked above the GM with a lower Points Per Game average.

So I can go ahead and pick to replace Alex Formenton who is hurt, and also Nic Beaudin who was cut, right? I have my picks in mind but need to know i can cast them now. 

@Spoderman @Tigs

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

So I can go ahead and pick to replace Alex Formenton who is hurt, and also Nic Beaudin who was cut, right? I have my picks in mind but need to know i can cast them now. 

@Spoderman @Tigs

In past years...You have to wait until the redraft. The order of the redraft is based on when you drafted the players who aren’t going to be at the WJC. The redraft is usually close to the start of the tournament.

Maroe likely will be ahead of you for redraft, as Lafreneire is being reported as the odd man out if Valardi or JAD make the team. 

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

In past years...You have to wait until the redraft. The order of the redraft is based on when you drafted the players who aren’t going to be at the WJC. The redraft is usually close to the start of the tournament.

Maroe likely will be ahead of you for redraft, as Lafreneire is being reported as the odd man out if Valardi or JAD make the team. 

fml

Archived