Last MLB appearance
August 10, 1994, for the California Angels
MLB statistics
Batting average .250
Home runs 141
Runs batted in 415
Teams
Career highlights and awards

Vincent Edward "Bo" Jackson (born November 30, 1962) is a former baseball and American football player. He is the only athlete in history to be named an All-Star in both baseball and football, and one of few to do so in two major sports.[1] He is widely considered one of the greatest athletes of all time. While at Auburn University, Jackson won the 1985 Heisman Trophy, annually awarded to the best collegiate football player in the United States. Jackson was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1996. Jackson was originally drafted first overall by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 1986 NFL Draft, but refused to play for the franchise. Jackson instead entered the following year's draft, being selected in the seventh round (183rd overall) by the Los Angeles Raiders.

In 1989 and 1990, Jackson's name became known beyond just sports fans through the "Bo Knows" advertising campaign, a series of advertisements by Nike, starring Jackson alongside musician Bo Diddley, promoting a cross-training athletic shoe named for Jackson.[2]

After a 1991 hip injury on the field ended his football career, Jackson focused on baseball, and expanded into other pursuits, including the completion of his Bachelor of Science degree in Family and Child Development at Auburn.[3] In addition, Jackson appeared in small roles as an actor in television shows such as The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air[4] and Married... with Children,[5] as well as films such as The Chamber."

College baseball, football and track.

Professional baseball and football.

Truly an outstanding athlete, here are a few video links

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Bo+Jackson&view=detail&mid=2FE34D7F4F4AA732838C2FE34D7F4F4AA732838C&FORM=VIRE

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Bo Jackson or Wilt Chamberlain 

While I admire their athelitic skill action sports athletes put their bodies and lives on the line,some of them die.

Do you know what it takes to become a world class big mountain skier, downhill MTBer,freestyle/motocross rider ?

One has to be prepared to get injured a lot.

The mental battle to come back from these injuries and then hit a 100+ foot gap or ski at 100kmh + plus down a exposed face is nuts.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Explain to my why Shaun Palmer is the Greatest Athlete?

He is known as the grandfather of extreme/action sports.

Snowboard World Champ,skier cross Champ,invented ultracross and won it.

Downhill MTB World cup winner,second at the world champs.

Made the main of a few supercross races

Dudes who play with balls are not even in the race.

16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

While I admire their athelitic skill action sports athletes put their bodies and lives on the line,some of them die.

Do you know what it takes to become a world class big mountain skier, downhill MTBer,freestyle/motocross rider ?

The mental battle to come back from these injuries and then hit a 100+ foot gap or ski at 100kmh + plus down a exposed face is nuts.

If that’s your criteria, I’d call bull riders better athletes. 

21 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

He is known as the grandfather of extreme/action sports.

Snowboard World Champ,skier cross Champ,invented ultracross and won it.

Downhill MTB World cup winner,second at the world champs.

Made the main of a few supercross racers.

Dudes who play with balls are not even in the race.

I don't feel your criteria accurately describes greatness in an athlete. I respect what extreme athletes can do when it comes to being fearless and manipulating their bodies, equipment to do great things. However, they don't necessarily use athleticism to achieve these things(or at least don't use athleticism the way athletes in other sports do).

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Each to their own.

My criteria is mental strength.

Lane Clyde Frost (October 12, 1963 – July 30, 1989) was an American professional bull rider who is the 1987 World Champion of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) and the 1990 ProRodeo Hall of Fame inductee. He is also known as the only rider to score qualified rides from the 1987 World Champion and 1990 ProRodeo Hall of Fame bull Red Rock. He died in the arena at the 1989 Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo as a result of injuries sustained when the bull Takin' Care of Business struck him after the ride.[1][2] He died by getting rammed in the back with the bull's horn, breaking several of his ribs which severed an artery.

4 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I don't feel your criteria accurately describes greatness in an athlete. I respect what extreme athletes can do when it comes to being fearless and manipulating their bodies, equipment to do great things. However, they don't necessarily use athleticism to achieve these things(or at least don't use athleticism the way athletes in other sports do).

A guy like Seth Morrison would excell at any sport he participated 

If you want sheer athleticism check out Alex Honnolds free solo of El Cap.

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Lane Clyde Frost (October 12, 1963 – July 30, 1989) was an American professional bull rider who is the 1987 World Champion of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) and the 1990 ProRodeo Hall of Fame inductee. He is also known as the only rider to score qualified rides from the 1987 World Champion and 1990 ProRodeo Hall of Fame bull Red Rock. He died in the arena at the 1989 Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo as a result of injuries sustained when the bull Takin' Care of Business struck him after the ride.[1][2] He died by getting rammed in the back with the bull's horn, breaking several of his ribs which severed an artery.

I have seen a person die in four of the sports I have participated in starting with Aussie rules when I was 14.

Shane McConkey died a few years back attempting to ski down a slope jump off a cliff with a parachute land ski down another slope,jump off another cliff with a second chute,that's when he got tangled up.

He fought all the way and just untangled himself as he hit the ground.

There are so many more deaths of not so famous dudes,mostly buried in avalanches.

I have been buried.

It is a really mind effing experience.

On 12/26/2018 at 11:28 PM, Ilunga said:

The greatest athlete of all time is Shaun Palmer.

The greatest athletic feat of all time is Alex Honnolds free solo of El Capitan no ropes no safety gear.

I'll give the standard "Jim Thorpe" is the greatest athlete of all-time.  (I obviously wasn't around then....)

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'll give the standard "Jim Thorpe" is the greatest athlete of all-time.  (I obviously wasn't around then....)

I have never heard of him.

Time for Google search.

Impressive athelete.

There is so many criteria one could apply.

I just found out the origin of the Term GOAT.Mohammed Ali's wife coined it for financial reasons.

Archived