Alcholic9000

Stop the complaining and support your team

Rate this topic

I support constructive criticism. 

"So support the team, buy the $&!#, enjoy all the excuses to drink more in frustration, but don't be a child demanding instant results. "  

While no doubt based upon good intentions, the above is not necessarily an example of constructive criticism of a fanbase faction you care not for. Your opinion is worth no more than theirs, even if theirs happens to be wrong ;) 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

This type of attitude is just going to drive people away. If I'm a frustrated fan, and I see someone saying "love it or leave it" to me, that might just be the push I need to &^@# off for good.

$&!#ting on someone every time they want to vent isn't the best way to keep that person sticking around.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

coming into this season, Canuck fans were warned that this rebuilding team were going to have their ups and downs. it seemed everyone was on board  and were excited to watch the young kids play.  sure the defense could be better and some players are not up to snuff, I won't name them tho.  but what I see is almost every night this team comes out playing their damned hardest and yes they have been losing because of little mistakes,   but  I see that win column will be filling up soon. so enjoy the ride  true Canuck fans. I know I am going to.

Totally agree - we knew we were going into a development year  - and we are getting to see the young kids learning and growing. We have a few more years of this ahead. I find pretty much every game  has been far more entertaining  then the  previous 5-7 years Infact the only game this season that I thought left something to be desired was the last Kings game.  I may get  yappy in some off the post game threads but I still fully support this team. In it for the long haul

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This type of attitude is just going to drive people away. If I'm a frustrated fan, and I see someone saying "love it or leave it" to me, that might just be the push I need to &^@# off for good.

by

Edited by vannuck59

I’m glad with the losing, Jack Hughes here we come!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i would be glad if we'll land Vasili Podkolzin. 

i don't see us winning the 1st overall, so i lowered my expectations ; and a big winger who scores at will and is body ready to play right into the big league will be the missing piece for the rebuild.

i could see Tryamkin returning if we draft a gifted russian, which will be the perfect time to come back and answer our needs in size on back end.

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

People on both sides need to calm down.  The team was never going to sustain the pace they were on through the first 15gms.  And they're not as bad as their last 10gms either. 

Somewhere in between they'll find their way and become more consistent. 

No, they were never pegged as a middle of the road team. The team will improve with the introduction of more highly skilled and larger players.

Their last 10 games were not so bad, they were entertaining, it is not like they got blown out. Jake, Elias, Brock and Bo are fun to watch, just need a couple more.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I think the Canucks have played better than their record. There have only been 3, maybe 4 of the last 12 games where I felt they really were outplayed. Even with the savage injuries they are competing most nights. I think they have been unlucky, and that with a couple better bounces or different calls by the officials our record would be far better than it is. The last game against Dallas looked to my eye like the worst game I've seen from them in a while, and they still only lost by 1 (again). As the young guns get more experience I believe they will learn how to not just play well, but how to win those games. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joe-max said:

Well, on EA's NHL MDZ and Gagner + a 3rd rounder got me Puljujärvi. Granted, Puljujärvi is only a 81 while MDZ and Gagner are both better (83 and 82), but still. Went on a 11-1 streak since then... still out of a playoff spot.

Well that's funny because I traded them plus Pouliot for Chris kreider and Marc Staal haha

Jeeze why can't Benning just do one of these trades :bigblush: /s

Whiners gonna whine. If you whine about the whiners whining, I'm not sure it's going to have the results you intend. You are right though that there is a vocal minority who don't have a stomach for a rebuild. The early success of this team gave some fans false hope about this season and you can hear them venting frequently as of late.