The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop the complaining and support your team

Alcholic9000

We are either in the middle or tail end of a rebuild, every analyst had is ranked near the bottom in every field.  Now that we are losing its all fire this person trade that one.  What is trading mdz gonna get us?  We have maybe 1-2 defence that would make it on a contending team.  Relax. 

I'm personally happy with where we are, we are seeing growth from a lot of our future core, also while we are not winning the effort on most nights seems there.  This is a year to allow mistakes, I am not wanting the team to tank and lose for the sake of losing, but I am completely ok with young players making young player mistakes and our swiss chesse defence (most of which will not be here when we finally come out of rebuild) make terrible plays that cost us the game. 

What I don't want to see happen is for the fans to demand change, stop going games etc.  This is when the aqua brothers start demanding drastic changes and we screw up what is starting to look like a good foundation for instant mediocre results.  

So support the team, buy the $&!#, enjoy all the excuses to drink more in frustration, but don't be a child demanding instant results.  

Sorry for morning drunk rant 

Go Canucks Go

I support constructive criticism. 

"So support the team, buy the $&!#, enjoy all the excuses to drink more in frustration, but don't be a child demanding instant results. "  

While no doubt based upon good intentions, the above is not necessarily an example of constructive criticism of a fanbase faction you care not for. Your opinion is worth no more than theirs, even if theirs happens to be wrong ;) 

13 minutes ago, Alcholic9000 said:

We are either in the middle or tail end of a rebuild, every analyst had is ranked near the bottom in every field.  Now that we are losing its all fire this person trade that one.  What is trading mdz gonna get us?  We have maybe 1-2 defence that would make it on a contending team.  Relax. 

I'm personally happy with where we are, we are seeing growth from a lot of our future core, also while we are not winning the effort on most nights seems there.  This is a year to allow mistakes, I am not wanting the team to tank and lose for the sake of losing, but I am completely ok with young players making young player mistakes and our swiss chesse defence (most of which will not be here when we finally come out of rebuild) make terrible plays that cost us the game. 

What I don't want to see happen is for the fans to demand change, stop going games etc.  This is when the aqua brothers start demanding drastic changes and we screw up what is starting to look like a good foundation for instant mediocre results.  

So support the team, buy the $&!#, enjoy all the excuses to drink more in frustration, but don't be a child demanding instant results.  

Sorry for morning drunk rant 

Go Canucks Go

Well, on EA's NHL MDZ and Gagner + a 3rd rounder got me Puljujärvi. Granted, Puljujärvi is only a 81 while MDZ and Gagner are both better (83 and 82), but still. Went on a 11-1 streak since then... still out of a playoff spot.

coming into this season, Canuck fans were warned that this rebuilding team were going to have their ups and downs. it seemed everyone was on board  and were excited to watch the young kids play.  sure the defense could be better and some players are not up to snuff, I won't name them tho.  but what I see is almost every night this team comes out playing their damned hardest and yes they have been losing because of little mistakes,   but  I see that win column will be filling up soon. so enjoy the ride  true Canuck fans. I know I am going to.

This type of attitude is just going to drive people away. If I'm a frustrated fan, and I see someone saying "love it or leave it" to me, that might just be the push I need to &^@# off for good.

$&!#ting on someone every time they want to vent isn't the best way to keep that person sticking around.

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

coming into this season, Canuck fans were warned that this rebuilding team were going to have their ups and downs. it seemed everyone was on board  and were excited to watch the young kids play.  sure the defense could be better and some players are not up to snuff, I won't name them tho.  but what I see is almost every night this team comes out playing their damned hardest and yes they have been losing because of little mistakes,   but  I see that win column will be filling up soon. so enjoy the ride  true Canuck fans. I know I am going to.

Totally agree - we knew we were going into a development year  - and we are getting to see the young kids learning and growing. We have a few more years of this ahead. I find pretty much every game  has been far more entertaining  then the  previous 5-7 years Infact the only game this season that I thought left something to be desired was the last Kings game.  I may get  yappy in some off the post game threads but I still fully support this team. In it for the long haul

People on both sides need to calm down.  The team was never going to sustain the pace they were on through the first 15gms.  And they're not as bad as their last 10gms either. 

Somewhere in between they'll find their way and become more consistent. 

i would be glad if we'll land Vasili Podkolzin. 

i don't see us winning the 1st overall, so i lowered my expectations ; and a big winger who scores at will and is body ready to play right into the big league will be the missing piece for the rebuild.

i could see Tryamkin returning if we draft a gifted russian, which will be the perfect time to come back and answer our needs in size on back end.

38 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

People on both sides need to calm down.  The team was never going to sustain the pace they were on through the first 15gms.  And they're not as bad as their last 10gms either. 

Somewhere in between they'll find their way and become more consistent. 

No, they were never pegged as a middle of the road team. The team will improve with the introduction of more highly skilled and larger players.

Their last 10 games were not so bad, they were entertaining, it is not like they got blown out. Jake, Elias, Brock and Bo are fun to watch, just need a couple more.

I think the Canucks have played better than their record. There have only been 3, maybe 4 of the last 12 games where I felt they really were outplayed. Even with the savage injuries they are competing most nights. I think they have been unlucky, and that with a couple better bounces or different calls by the officials our record would be far better than it is. The last game against Dallas looked to my eye like the worst game I've seen from them in a while, and they still only lost by 1 (again). As the young guns get more experience I believe they will learn how to not just play well, but how to win those games. 

1 hour ago, joe-max said:

Well, on EA's NHL MDZ and Gagner + a 3rd rounder got me Puljujärvi. Granted, Puljujärvi is only a 81 while MDZ and Gagner are both better (83 and 82), but still. Went on a 11-1 streak since then... still out of a playoff spot.

Well that's funny because I traded them plus Pouliot for Chris kreider and Marc Staal haha

Jeeze why can't Benning just do one of these trades :bigblush: /s

Whiners gonna whine. If you whine about the whiners whining, I'm not sure it's going to have the results you intend. You are right though that there is a vocal minority who don't have a stomach for a rebuild. The early success of this team gave some fans false hope about this season and you can hear them venting frequently as of late.

Archived