The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has acquired forward Josh Leivo from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Michael Carcone.

Leivo, 25, has appeared in 27 games for Toronto this season, collecting six points (4-2-6) and seven penalty minutes.

The Innisfil, Ontario native has played 84 NHL games, recording 28 points (14-14-28) and 27 penalty minutes over the course of six seasons with Toronto.

In 2015.16, he was named to the AHL All-Star game in a season where he registered nearly a point per game for Toronto's AHL affiliate, the Marlies: 48 points (17-31-48) in 51 games.

The 6'2", 192-pound left wing was originally drafted by Toronto in the third round, 86th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-trade-josh-leivo/c-302556458

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo
1 minute ago, mll said:

Leivo is on the NHL roster and is waiver eligible.  Carcone is in the AHL.  

So they replaced Leipsic with Leivo on the NHL roster and still need to make a move to activate Beagle from IR.

Gaudette a likely candidate to go down.

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I've been watching Utica games, Carcone has really picked it up this year. Might hurt us down the road.

Someone sell me on Leivo.

Was thinking the same. Would have rather lost Boucher or Kero as AHL fodder. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Or Gagner.

Possibly but I think it would be beneficial for Gaudette to get more ice time. We shall see!! 

Excited to see what leivo can bring. He plays a tenacious game and could possibly help our struggle top 6, he has shown some flashes of good offensive instincts. I like this one.

Archived