The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo

Leivo trade has been so good for the team. What a steal by JB. 4g  1a in 9 games.

Canucks are 7-2-2 since the trade..

Injured players came back but leivo has added so much to this team. Big body north south player goes to front of net and works the boards. Exactly what this team needed

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Leivo trade has been so good for the team. What a steal by JB. 4g  1a in 9 games.

Injured players came back but leivo has added so much to this team. Big body north south player goes to front of net and works the boards. Exactly what this team needed

Leivo has 4 goals and only get 1 mil

Nylander has no goals and get 7 mil

Nice job Dubass!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leivo has 4 goals and only get 1 mil

Nylander has no goals and get 7 mil

Nice job Dubass!  :lol:

Nylander getting used to NHL speed after missing 2 months. He's not in game shape yet.  

He'll be back upto speed in a couple of weeks..

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Nylander getting used to NHL speed after missing 2 months. He's not in game shape yet.  

He'll be back upto speed in a couple of weeks..

You mean Wee Willie will be in better shape to do his beautiful Double Flamingo in two weeks?  Can you seriously believe Dubass gave Willie this kind of dollar?  My Goodness, Marner and Matthews are going to get 14 million!  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You mean Wee Willie will be in better shape to do his beautiful Double Flamingo in two weeks?  Can you seriously believe Dubass gave Willie this kind of dollar?  My Goodness, Marner and Matthews are going to get 14 million!  

It's 2018 Alf, $6.9M isn't what it used to be. Marner will get $9M. Matthews will get $13M and the world will keep on spinning.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He is kinda what I was hoping Schaller would be 

7 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

You thought honestly thought Schaller was going to be anything more than a 4th line 12/13th player?

I thought he would be a good 4th liner at the very and we are paying him as such (almost 2 million). Bruins fans were raving about him and he scored 12 goals in his second pro season. To be fair, Leivo had 14 goals in 84 games and Schaller had 12 in 82 the year before so in terms of production they were quite similar. A lot of the sports talk guys also said he was the best signing out of the 3 - mostly because of risk, but I think everyone had higher expectations. 

I don't see Leivo carrying this pace but if he could be a Physical 15 (15 goals with grit) that would be a great addition. This is around what I was hoping Schaller could become for us which is realistic given where he was at last year. I'd much rather see Gaunce in his spot. 

So short answer - Leivo has more offensive upside but I was hoping Schaller would be a fan favorite who could chip in 10-15 goals while playing physical in the bottom 6. 

2 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I thought he would be a good 4th liner at the very and we are paying him as such (almost 2 million). Bruins fans were raving about him and he scored 12 goals in his second pro season. To be fair, Leivo had 14 goals in 84 games and Schaller had 12 in 82 the year before so in terms of production they were quite similar. A lot of the sports talk guys also said he was the best signing out of the 3 - mostly because of risk, but I think everyone had higher expectations. 

I don't see Leivo carrying this pace but if he could be a Physical 15 (15 goals with grit) that would be a great addition. This is around what I was hoping Schaller could become for us which is realistic given where he was at last year. I'd much rather see Gaunce in his spot. 

So short answer - Leivo has more offensive upside but I was hoping Schaller would be a fan favorite who could chip in 10-15 goals while playing physical in the bottom 6. 

I too thought Schaller was a good bet. He was great for Boston last year.

I remember someone on Team 1040 mention they were talking with Louie Debrusk recently (broadcaster). He works some Bruins games, and watches many of the other ones because his son Jake plays for them. The guy brought up how Schaller was doing this year, and Debrusk was shocked.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I remember someone on Team 1040 mention they were talking with Louie Debrusk recently (broadcaster). He works some Bruins games, and watches many of the other ones because his son Jake plays for them. The guy brought up how Schaller was doing this year, and Debrusk was shocked.

It's like he changed his game because he got that new contract. Not saying that's what he did, but his effectiveness from before was nowhere near what it is now.

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

Well the thing is, as you've kind of mentioned, it's a bet. Any signing is a risk, especially when a new team is in play. I don't think it's a bad signing as on paper it made sense and it's easy to forget that hindsight doesn't really help in determining is a signing was good or bad.

He could also turn it around. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a player's had a slow start on a new team. :)

59 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Well the thing is, as you've kind of mentioned, it's a bet. Any signing is a risk, especially when a new team is in play. I don't think it's a bad signing as on paper it made sense and it's easy to forget that hindsight doesn't really help in determining is a signing was good or bad.

He could also turn it around. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a player's had a slow start on a new team. :)

So far JB has had a rough ride when signing Boston castoffs. 

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

So far JB has had a rough ride when signing Boston castoffs. 

It's easy enough to look at Boston and think if JB sign's someone from there, he'll flop; however, it's not really associated with a particular team in my opinion. He's just had bad luck with players from Boston so far.... and I stress "so far". ;)

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

It's easy enough to look at Boston and think if JB sign's someone from there, he'll flop; however, it's not really associated with a particular team in my opinion. He's just had bad luck with players from Boston so far.... and I stress "so far". ;)

There is a law of averages I suppose 

On 12/22/2018 at 8:37 AM, D-Money said:

Debrusk doesn't exactly come across as being very bright!!   :lol:

Archived