Drive-By Body Pierce

Hockey Canada announces WJC selection camp roster

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Let's hope one of them gets a booboo so he can be a last minute replacement lol. Like Evan Bouchard gets a splinter on his finger lol. A real bad injury situation where a bandaid will be needed lol.

Woo is still eligible next year.  I'd rather not weaken our national team.  It's not like he'd make the team anyway if he wasn't even invited.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Really surprised they didn't give Fix-Wolansky at least an invite.

Great numbers last year as an 18 year old. Second in overall points this year and at 2 PPG in the dub. 

• Like 1

Nice feed from Frost on the goal.  Dobson also standing out with an outstanding defensive play to take away a breakaway.

Studnicka really showing some good finish.  Scored both goals so far.  Fromenton with a strong game, drawing the penalty with a great individual effort.

Bernard-Docker really nice defensive play with the puck on the goal line behind Scott.

D to d passes seem to be problematic in the offensive zone.  Lots of guys not on the same page yet, which is expected.

Scott's rebound control leaves something to be desired.

Damn, Fromenton down in OT after another great effort.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Hydration 2

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Nice feed from Frost on the goal.  Dobson also standing out with an outstanding defensive play to take away a breakaway.

Studnicka really showing some good finish.  Scored both goals so far.  Fromenton with a strong game, drawing the penalty with a great individual effort.

Bernard-Docker really nice defensive play with the puck on the goal line behind Scott.

D to d passes seem to be problematic in the offensive zone.  Lots of guys not on the same page yet, which is expected.

Scott's rebound control leaves something to be desired.

Damn, Fromenton down in OT after another great effort.

Thanks for the updates!

I enjoyed the game. I look forward to going again tonight. I am hoping I get to see a few new guys tonight.

Frost and Smith were very good.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I enjoyed the game. I look forward to going again tonight. I am hoping I get to see a few new guys tonight.

Frost and Smith were very good.

Frost looks like a lock based on last night's performance.  Great hockey sense in the offensive zone.

Frost with another strong game.  Tippet's hockey sense is really questionable, and Crotty was an adventure in his own end.  Entwistle and Joseph played well.  

Overall, the team got pinned in their own end far too easily.  Lots of work needed with communication between forwards and defense.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I ran into formenton (no physical contact don't worry lol) in the washroom pre game. Saw the knee brace and Jim on crutches as Bob McKenzie said eariler today.

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Frost with another strong game.  Tippet's hockey sense is really questionable, and Crotty was an adventure in his own end.  Entwistle and Joseph played well.  

Overall, the team got pinned in their own end far too easily.  Lots of work needed with communication between forwards and defense.

Frost looked really good.

Edited by Rush17
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I won't be there tomorrow am leaving town to visit family for the holidays. Very fun to see the 2 games over the last 24 hours. Definitely worth seeing if you can.

2pm start time tomorrow!

I got to see the second game and ya Tippett was a bit rough, Comtois, studnicka, and Entwistle were buzzin all game. Joseph look very sound, Mitchell was getting worked pretty hard.

Overall the Canadian team got out worked and pinned in their own end quite a bit. The powerplay was very dangerous and probably woulda scored 4-5 more goals if they would just hit the net haha.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1