The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild at Nucks 7pm Rogers Arena Dec 4 2018

xereau

The wrist surgery prevented boeser from practicing his shot all summer. You can see how rusty his shot is as a result. Last year he'd be burying these chances

Another game where EP could of had 2-3 pts if guys could bury his setups (cheers to leivo for his goal)

Oh well. Onto the  next

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a team shoot themselves in the f#$king foot game after game after game after game. I've witnessed bad teams before but this...this is a whole new level of " I'm gonna do everything in my power to lose" I'm officially on Coach Green watch. I'd say polish your resume but why polish a turd.

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I think Hutton is better at feeding Petey than Edler.

And at carrying the puck into the zone and at defending against a blocked shot.  Edler was terrible tonight.  Minnesota has the kind of team that really exposes Edler. Tanev wasn't good either, neither was Stecher.   Defense continues to be the Achilles heel. 

4 minutes ago, gameburn said:

And at carrying the puck into the zone and at defending against a blocked shot.  Edler was terrible tonight.  Minnesota has the kind of team that really exposes Edler. Tanev wasn't good either, neither was Stecher.   Defense continues to be the Achilles heel. 

Agreed.  Our d is brutal.  Hutty is the only one that shows an ounce of offensive creativity.  Easy to defend when you know two out of five players are not a threat.

6 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

This is where we miss a guy like Goldy.  Granlund just doesn't bring it offensively

Why would we need our third highest scorer when we can’t score goals? 

On the the other hand, our pk gives up three goals in four kills?  Isn’t that what Granlund and Eriksson are kept around for?  Surely it’s not for their offence.  We bench Goldy to keep Granlund and Eriksson around to kill penalties?  Why is it the young guys pay the price for the laziness and stupidity of the vets on this team?  

28 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Agreed.  Our d is brutal.  Hutty is the only one that shows an ounce of offensive creativity.  Easy to defend when you know two out of five players are not a threat.

That is a very interesting point you make: I don't know coaching well enough to say what the implications are, but I suspect the opposing coaches do!

One thing I noticed is that Minnie didn't do much to cover the points on the pp.  Or at other times either.

Archived