The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild at Nucks 7pm Rogers Arena Dec 4 2018

xereau

"Goldobin is out tonight. Believe he needs a reset -- he's not going anywhere and will get back into the lineup. Certain areas of his game that we're working on and showing lots of video this season, that he needs to have improvement in. Not just so he can play in the NHL, but so we have players who can win in the NHL. Sometimes with a young player, sitting and watching a game is not a bad thing. Goldy will get back in and be better off for it." - Green on Goldobin

"Waiting to make sure Beagle can go. Hope he is." - Green on Beagle, who also mentioned they have yet to make a roster decision

"Waiting to see how Guddy is, Pouliot is out tonight on the back end for sure." - Green on Gudbranson and Pouliot

"Hope Leivo can play in the top 9, watched him on the ice -- looks like he moves around pretty well. Think he understands the game." - Green on Leivo

"Nilsson in goal." - Green

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Goldobin is out tonight. Believe he needs a reset -- he's not going anywhere and will get back into the lineup. Certain areas of his game that we're working on and showing lots of video this season, that he needs to have improvement in. Not just so he can play in the NHL, but so we have players who can win in the NHL. Sometimes with a young player, sitting and watching a game is not a bad thing. Goldy will get back in and be better off for it." - Green on Goldobin

That's a smart plan. I like how Green speaks about the player in a supportive way. I can't see him ever talking about a player needing to get their stuff.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Waiting to make sure Beagle can go. Hope he is." - Green on Beagle, who also mentioned they have yet to make a roster decision

"Waiting to see how Guddy is, Pouliot is out tonight on the back end for sure." - Green on Gudbranson and Pouliot

"Hope Leivo can play in the top 9, watched him on the ice -- looks like he moves around pretty well. Think he understands the game." - Green on Leivo

"Nilsson in goal." - Green

Fingers crossed on Beagle and Guddy. The team desperately needs their size and heft.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"With a young team, you have to make sure you're communicating especially when they're going through a lot of adversity. As a coach you worry about that -- is it weighing on them? It is and it should. It's the NHL -- you want to win." - Green

Well said, Green.

Just now, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

That's the beauty of a player coach it's not about wins or loses in a rebuild but how you mold the kids into NHLers. 

When I heard that they had chosen Travis, it made total sense. His comments today just reinforce that.

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Wonder if something is brewing, and Benning is trying to find Gagner a new home again.

Not sure 3 points in 7 games is a good enough sample size to get a taker, but I rather trade him then send him back down to the AHL.  Guy deserves to stay in the NHL.

Something is brewing for sure. I've had two cups of coffee this morning, and three burritos last night.

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Wonder if something is brewing, and Benning is trying to find Gagner a new home again.

Not sure 3 points in 7 games is a good enough sample size to get a taker, but I rather trade him then send him back down to the AHL.  Guy deserves to stay in the NHL.

He's definitely a fringe guy, hard to say if he belongs in the NHL honestly. 

I wouldn't mind the Goldobin scratch if Little Things Loui and Granny were also scratched for a 'reset'.

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Leivo is a much better fit over Liepsic.

Pretty sure I am a better fit over Leipsic hehe

I'm ok with the Goldy scratch. Obviously some inevitable controversy scratching the lead shot generator, but 1 point in the last 5 games screams mental fatigue, at least to me. A game or two to reset isn't the worst thing. Worked for Baertschi a couple of times.

I'm honestly curious who they cut if Beagle is indeed ready to go.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I wouldn't mind the Goldobin scratch if Little Things Loui and Granny were also scratched for a 'reset'.

Pretty sure I am a better fit over Leipsic hehe

It would be nice to see Eriksson given a reset or a reboot. Or just the boot.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When I heard that they had chosen Travis, it made total sense. His comments today just reinforce that.

I always knew he had a great pedigree for coaching he seemed to care about the players and they always wanted to play under him..... unlike *cough* Dallas Eakins the Oilers hired as a "Player Coach" to help mold Yaks, Hall, Eberle  Nuges..... God damn how did Edmonton screw the pooch so badly. 

Michael Russo‏Verified account @RussoHockey 58s58 seconds ago

Fire alarm at #mnwild hotel at 2 am. Alarm blared for 30 mins, people evacuated for an hour Boudreau stayed in bed: “I wasn’t going to walk down 15 flights of stairs. I didn’t smell any smoke. I said, ‘I’m chancing it.”

Archived