The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Josh Leivo | #17 | LW/RW

-SN-

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Time to offer this guy the Re-up,  well before the TDL.

He has fit in seamlessly with this team, hard worker, skilled,  strong nosed, smart..  

He has good skills with the puck and can beat guys one on one consistently.  The problems with his game are that he holds the puck too long himself and has a tendency to get tunnel vision.  He often struggles to identify his team mates when they are open.  He has potential to be quite effective if he can start finding his line mates and stops trying to do everything on his own.  As it is, he looks impressive but generally ineffective.  There are a lot of guys getting ready to take his place if he can't make this adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Every once in awhile he is a great player.

I don’t know where he disappears to some nights, other nights I can’t believe Toronto gave him up.

It's why he was available.

Just another inconsistent player.

6 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

It's why he was available.

Just another inconsistent player.

Leivo is a very effective player, especially considering his cap hit.  I'm surprised, as a Leaf's fan, you would not recognize that many of your compatriots wanted to keep Leivo and dump Nylander.  

As a true Canuck's fan, I am super happy we have Leivo.  He's great for us! 

• Upvote 1

I'm genuinely shocked this guy was a throw away compared to some of the forward projects we've paid a decent amount for (Goldobin, Leipsic, Vey, etc). I think his performance puts an end to Goldobin's place on the team. He's been better at everything except playmaking. 

On 1/30/2019 at 11:30 PM, AK_19 said:

I'm genuinely shocked this guy was a throw away compared to some of the forward projects we've paid a decent amount for (Goldobin, Leipsic, Vey, etc). I think his performance puts an end to Goldobin's place on the team. He's been better at everything except playmaking. 

Really? Goldy's ceiling is WAY higher.

9 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Really? Goldy's ceiling is WAY higher.

Too bad having a friend in EP hasn't driven him to reach for it , He isn't getting any younger and should have matured to be like his younger friend if he was going to  be very good offensively and defensively, being a Centre is much harder than being a winger