The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Baby It's Cold Outside" pulled from radio

Dazzle

My loneliness is killing me (and I)

I must confess I still believe (still believe)
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time

That or any other song written by a male but performed by a female pop artist in the last 25 years. 

If you wanna be with me
Baby there's a price to pay
I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way

Um yeah...

https://www.bustle.com/articles/36104-christina-aguileras-genie-in-a-bottle-was-about-terrible-sex-heres-what-you-were-actually-singing

Yup she was 15 when she recorded that ditty.

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I sure hope Trudeau doesn't visit cdc otherwise that song is history.

Hmmmm....I'll have to hang onto this post for the next time you accuse me of "making everything about Trump"....B)

As far as the song goes, I'm really trying hard to care, but it's not happening. If certain radio stations think their listeners are offended by it, I suppose they're within their rights not to play it. (although, anyone who's listening for these sorts of "offensive" lyrics has far too much time on their hands, IMHO)

As long as they don't mess with I Believe in Father Christmas, I'm good. Since it's kind of an anti-war song, I'm probably okay...

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hmmmm....I'll have to hang onto this post for the next time you accuse me of "making everything about Trump"....B)

As far as the song goes, I'm really trying hard to care, but it's not happening. If certain radio stations think their listeners are offended by it, I suppose they're within their rights not to play it. (although, anyone who's listening for these sorts of "offensive" lyrics has far too much time on their hands, IMHO)

As long as they don't mess with I Believe in Father Christmas, I'm good. Since it's kind of an anti-war song, I'm probably okay...

Yes hang on to me taking a jab at OUR PM.

16 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

isn't there much worst offensive music on the radio anyways?  Why targeting this one in particular?

Being outraged over the most trivial things is the hottest trend of 2018. And 2017. And 2016.. and a few more people jump on board to feel like they're doing something noble, to feel like they're important. And the media loves running with stories like this. And rightly so because look at all the people talking about this going WTF.

Real freedom of speech is dead in this era of sensitivity and gossamer thread feelings. CBC shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions without consulting it's listenership first.

By listenership, I don't mean the sensitive, extreme left, social justice warrior contingent that is seemingly scouring popular culture and history in general for reasons to be in perpetual moral outrage. I mean everyone. CBC is a public company, that leech....I mean uses Canadian tax dollars to exist. They shouldn't be allowed to make this decision based on the emotional frailty of the few.

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Real freedom of speech is dead in this era of sensitivity and gossamer thread feelings. CBC shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions without consulting it's listenership first.

By listenership, I don't mean the sensitive, extreme left, social justice warrior contingent that is seemingly scouring popular culture and history in general for reasons to be in perpetual moral outrage. I mean everyone. CBC is a public company, that leech....I mean uses Canadian tax dollars to exist. They shouldn't be allowed to make this decision based on the emotional frailty of the few.

I'd go further and say "CBC shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions" but of course no one can compel them to put a particular song on the radio, so they don't need to actually have a reason not to play it. But by stating the reason they've created a problem imo. 

I am concerned for artistic freedom these days, a lot of groups aren't even trying to hide the fact that they want censorship. People don't need to be treated like idiots, if you don't like a song or a book or a movie then don't consume it. We already have hate speech laws to take care of the really vile stuff. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd go further and say "CBC shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions" but of course no one can compel them to put a particular song on the radio, so they don't need to actually have a reason not to play it. But by stating the reason they've created a problem imo. 

I am concerned for artistic freedom these days, a lot of groups aren't even trying to hide the fact that they want censorship. People don't need to be treated like idiots, if you don't like a song or a book or a movie then don't consume it. We already have hate speech laws to take care of the really vile stuff. 

If only it were that easy. This contingent of society is comprised of a bunch of control freaks who want to impose their will and moral high ground on society in general. I've had run ins with them in person, and they don't like it when you use logic to deflate their paper thin arguments. All civility goes out the window then.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If only it were that easy. This contingent of society is comprised of a bunch of control freaks who want to impose their will and moral high ground on society in general. I've had run ins with them in person, and they don't like it when you use logic to deflate their paper thin arguments. All civility goes out the window then.

its also interestingly where the far right and far left meet, both like to control things too much.

Archived