The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WSH Wilson Getting Bullied by Reaves

Shekky

1 minute ago, komodo0921 said:

A late hit is a late hit. 

A defenceless player is a defenceless player.

It doesn't matter whose name is on the jersey, it was a late check on a vulnerable player.

This department of players safety his and always has been a joke. 

The department for stars safety is a more accurate title.

We all know that if that was McPuke, Crosby, Matthews, Pettersson, or Eichel lying there, Reeves would've been crucified for the hit.

I'm not saying Wilson didn't deserve to take a little of his own medicine but keep it consistent. Who deserved retribution and who didn't should have nothing to do with it.

Exactly.

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, did Reaves' blindside hit on Wilson happen before of after his blindside hit on Edler? What a douche.

After. The guy is a dirty player, but somehow is exonerated because he's really tough. If the players were switched, or even Edler hit Reaves from behind, there would most likely be a suspension.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

After. The guy is a dirty player, but somehow is exonerated because he's really tough. If the players were switched, or even Edler hit Reaves from behind, there would most likely be a suspension.

Basically a giant version of Marchand? Only way he gets what's coming to him (suspensions) is if he takes out Nylander, Matthews, Tavares or Marner.

14 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

6'1 225 isn't exactly "huge" in today's NHL. Nobody (well a select few) won't do anything about it because he is an excellent fighter, not because of his stature. 

Reaves was never a full out true goon. He didn't even start racking up the PIM's and fights till his 2nd year in the AHL when he realized that was the only way he would make and stick in the show. 

I'd really love to see Reaves and Lucic have a go. Obviously my money is on Reaves, but I'd still like to see it happen. 

Reaves looks and is built like a fridge. There are very few people who could take him on in a fight or even lay him out.

4 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Not destroyed but Colton Orr had a rather one sided win. 

Not a fair fight though.  Lucic locked up under the chin, while Orr got hold of Lucic’s Shoulder.  Those few inches make a big difference.

Lock those two up evenly, and Lucic knocks out Orr.

7 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

A late hit is a late hit. 

A defenceless player is a defenceless player.

It doesn't matter whose name is on the jersey, it was a late check on a vulnerable player.

This department of players safety his and always has been a joke. 

The department for stars safety is a more accurate title.

We all know that if that was McPuke, Crosby, Matthews, Pettersson, or Eichel lying there, Reeves would've been crucified for the hit.

I'm not saying Wilson didn't deserve to take a little of his own medicine but keep it consistent. Who deserved retribution and who didn't should have nothing to do with it.

The way I saw it on the “wide” /end zone coverage by the camera,.  

Wilson see’s Reaves coming out of the corner before he touches the puck.. he touch passes the puck and spins around continueing into Reaves path to cause the interference on Reaves..

Wilson knew what he himself was doing.

Reaves drops his shoulder and keeps his path to protect himself.

For not one second do I think Wilson is innocent in this.

21 hours ago, Shekky said:

Can't say I am not too surprised by this who knows maybe its Karma. Tom Wilson is back in the picture as he gets body checked by a much bigger player in Reaves and then gets a blindside hit later in the game. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/golden-knights-ryan-reaves-ejected-blindside-hit-capitals-tom-wilson/

Haha. I wish we coulda got Reaves last summer.

Wilson can go eff himself as far as I am concerned. That moron is too stupid to control himself and hopefully gets banned from the NHL completely for his intent to injure hits. Idiot.

Archived