Canucks Community
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

Rate this topic

PP sucks, predictable team play, frustration leading to selfishness, Jack Hughes and Quinn Hughes on the same team like Jr Sedins...

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Other than Horvat, which players are leading by example these days? 

Which players are our new unsung heros? 

There must be something good in all of this losing. 

Beagle and Sutter's return I feel will help stabilize the team and a healthy run with Tanev and Edler will help too.

Maybe then the other pieces ( youth ) fall into place.

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

The D and the goaltending is below par too.....

Hang in there though. Tough times don't last - tough people do!

Another scary thing too is. If we had a Canuck era Luongo or Schneider right now. We'd probably not be complaining about the defense as much.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

We’re still at least 2 yrs  away give it time.....

i know this isn’t gonna .happen

Would really depend on Benning. If he keeps signing crappy players like Eriksson and Schaller and Gagner and Del zotto and pouliot etc. then no, we won't improve as much as we would hope and only improve because of his drafting. I don't think Benning is the guy to put the finishing touches on this team for a cup, it would have to be another GM. Gillis was really brilliant in trades and signings, wish we had him for GM and Benning as the head scout.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, 6string said:

The D and the goaltending is below par too.....

Hang in there though. Tough times don't last - tough people do!

Is it really time for tired cliches..When our backs are to the wall, & there's no tomorrah?!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

Wow, what a group. Did I miss something going into this season?

I thought it was a rebuild, guess not.

you call the defense a rebuild...they haven't started rebuilding since 2014 ...we've got prospects but that is it...and the prospects are young. JB needs to get legitimate dman similar to Willie Mitchell, rather he brings in players like MDZ, who was a disaster way back when he played for NYR. There were guys available over the years including this year who are similar to Willie Mitchell types. They need men not boys to play "D"

• Haha 2

Just now, Cromeslab said:

We’re still at least 2 yrs  away give it time.....

i know this isn’t gonna .

Tankers are still happy.

I was, right up until the Florida game’s cucking. 

Now I get my info second hand from you guys, until the team learns how to stick up for itself. Sounds like I haven’t missed anything except more beta hockey. I appreciate responses I get to my selfish questions. 

During a rebuild, lose, but do it well and be tough at least! Go down fighting...

• Upvote 4

Well to be honest I was happy to see guys playing the body tonight. When we were winning they were hitting ,blocking lanes and playing very fast. The speed opened up our defence and our zone exits fell apart. When guys get looks they can't finish. When most of our guys have a shot that could be recorded as a turnover it's tough without big bodies hounding the net. 

Edited by PrinceGeorgeGoon
Typo

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Another scary thing too is. If we had a Canuck era Luongo or Schneider right now. We'd probably not be complaining about the defense as much.

The problem is our D and goalie will take lots of time to fix through draft if we are going the draft way. We need 2 or 3 great trades to fix those spots plus good drafting. Am just not sure if Benning could provide that. 

• Upvote 4

"You know what's incredible? These guys are putting up points 5 on 5 with this D core." - Alex Auld

LMAO

• Haha 2

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Is it really time for tired cliches..When our backs are to the wall, & there's no tomorrah?!

Well did Canuck fans really expect to see a .500 team with our back end?

C'mon!

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you call the defense a rebuild...they haven't started rebuilding since 2014 ...we've got prospects but that is it...and the prospects are young. JB needs to get legitimate dman similar to Willie Mitchell, rather he brings in players like MDZ, who was a disaster way back when he played for NYR. There were guys available over the years including this year who are similar to Willie Mitchell types. They need men not boys to play "D"

In two years how many of the curretn D will be in the lineup...maybe 1!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

On D, can we try...

Demote Pooh

Edler - Gudbranson

Hutton - Tanev

McEneny or Sautner w/ Bulldog/Stech

Trade MDZ for tape rolls

I think tape rolls have a higher value than MDZ these days. At least they are useful in something. Am just not sure what MDZ is useful for...not good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't hit much, doesn't provide size, makes dumb plays or takes dumb penalties even in a tie game with couple of minutes remaining. I think I could play better than MDZ and I can't even skate.

• Upvote 2