The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Agreed.

I personally think prospect wise DiPietro will be better than Demko. 

But off the top of my head, I can't really think of who would be available for goalies via trade. I like Juuse Saros, but that would most likely be a steep price.

I don't know if you want to bring in an older goalie again? If so do you kick the tires on Bobrovsky this summer?

DiPietro is looking really, really promising.  Will be interesting to see how he handles the spotlight from the Vancouver media at the WJHC.  It almost broke Virtanen and the tournament wasn't even in Vancouver.

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Agreed.

But off the top of my head, I can't really think of who would be available for goalies via trade. I like Juuse Saros, but that would most likely be a steep price.

I don't know if you want to bring in an older goalie again? If so do you kick the tires on Bobrovsky this summer?

Bob will be available. I hear he’s not signing. 

I think he’s the FA to go after.

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I think tape rolls have a higher value than MDZ these days. At least they are useful in something. Am just not sure what MDZ is useful for...not good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't hit much, doesn't provide size, makes dumb plays or takes dumb penalties even in a tie game with couple of minutes remaining. I think I could play better than MDZ and I can't even skate.

He's a warm body that ensures Pouliot is in the press box.

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Agreed.

He will cost too much, I would just spend more money on a D like Erik Karlsson and another UFA that is better than the D we have now. I think Dipietro or Demko will eventually become our starters and it would be cheaper than Bob. The D needs a lot of work...A LOT, meaning Edler and Tanev should be traded if not this year, then next year while they even have some value. 

4 minutes ago, b3. said:

Agreed.

I'm on board with BOBROVSKY! so long as Jay Onrait and Dan O'toole have to do our game highlights as part of the deal.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

He will cost too much, I would just spend more money on a D like Erik Karlsson and another UFA that is better than the D we have now. I think Dipietro or Demko will eventually become our starters and it would be cheaper than Bob. The D needs a lot of work...A LOT, meaning Edler and Tanev should be traded if not this year, then next year while they even have some value. 

They both should have been traded two years ago. It really doesn't help that Edlers' agent doesn't stay quiet, constantly saying he wants to stay here.

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's a warm body that ensures Pouliot is in the press box.

I think at this point, Biega provides a better warm body than Del Zotto. Biega can at least skate and pass worth a damn as a career AHLer. Remember Del Zotto was waived this year, thats how bad he was. Only reason he is in the roster now, is because of injuries. He needs to be waived again like Gagner.

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Seriously, since when does this GM or fanbase care about wasting Aqua-dollars? 

(This forum is rife with apologists of the terms and dollars of several Player contracts, as I’m certain you’re fully aware of)

Nice to see a post like this, just a bit against the grain. Nice one. 

Just now, b3. said:

They both should have been traded two years ago. It really doesn't help that Edlers' agent doesn't stay quiet, constantly saying he wants to stay here.

well, they can't be traded now, because if we traded them, Pouliot and Del Zotto would be playing top pair on our team. Can you imagine that? Its like throwing the games away. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Seriously, since when does this GM or fanbase care about wasting Aqua-dollars? 

(This forum is rife with apologists of the terms and dollars of several Player contracts, as I’m certain you’re fully aware of)

Nice to see a post like this, just a bit against the grain. Nice one. 

There is a cap so we can't spend whatever we want. I don't care about owners money, I care about how the cap money is being distributed. 

Just now, DefCon1 said:

well, they can't be traded now, because if we traded them, Pouliot and Del Zotto would be playing top pair on our team. Can you imagine that? Its like throwing the games away. 

... like our GM knowing the odds of Tanev and Edler being injured... and still icing that same Dcore?

ya, I can imagine. It’s called tanking, Vancouver style, accidental, as it goes...:ph34r:

Man  the 650 radio station is insufferable.

Just a bunch of apologists.

The Canucks are the only team right now with a 1-8-1 record in their last ten. EVERY other team is winning more.

Nobody expected this team to be contenders. But dead last with no hope of winning? Come on.

"But they are good 5 on 5"

Special teams are part of the game. If you don't kill your penalties (after taking a bunch of bonehead penalties) you lose. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I'm on board with BOBROVSKY! so long as Jay Onrait and Dan O'toole have to do our game highlights as part of the deal.

I wouldn't mind him if he was asking for 6 million, but he probably wants 10 million. I don't see how a goalie would be worth 10 million.

10 minutes ago, 6string said:

In two years how many of the curretn D will be in the lineup...maybe 1!

Yeah, but JB needs to make wise and smart signings to compliment the prospects (draft picks) to be a winning team, or the window will close before it opens with this group.

Juolevi, Hughes, Tryamkin, Woo are a good starting point for drafting, but they need some good dmen signings to compliment them...no more placeholders.

3 minutes ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

The goalie is the last piece to worry about. We dont have a #1 Left wing for that matter a #2 left wing. We dont have a top Defence Pairing, We dont have a #2 Right wing. Center looks good (dusts off hands) "there got that done." Killing it Benning.

Horvat will be out of his peak before this rebuild is a contender.

Buckle up, optimists... :lol:

I should ad, goalies matter.

Look at Philly or St Louis even. I’d say it is probably your most important position to solidly if you don’t have a Pens or 80’s Oilers roster. 

Just now, Mustapha said:

Man  the 650 radio station is insufferable.

Just a bunch of apologists.

The Canucks are the only team right now with a 1-8-1 record in their last ten. EVERY other team is winning more.

Nobody expected this team to be contenders. But dead last with no hope of winning? Come on.

"But they are good 5 on 5"

Special teams are part of the game. If you don't kill your penalties (after taking a bunch of bonehead penalties) you lose. Sorry.

Every analyst expected them to be dead last except Canucks fan...that is a fact. In fact, everyone was surprised how good we were at the beginning but its the same old pattern. Elias Pettersson has been great but he can't help us win with crappy goalie and defense. 

Archived