The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

At this stage I’d be happier seeing Biega playing as a forward instead of Eriksson. Loui really doesn’t fit a rebuilding team that wants to be quick and aggressive. Schaller and Granny are not too far behind Loui in terms of not fitting in.

And can someone show Tanev how to handle the puck past his own blue line? Or how to shoot?! But then again, most of our D don’t know how to get a puck on or in to the net. 

Nevertheless, hard work pays off. So I hope they work their butts off and turn this around. Go Canucks Go!

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Why Green refuses to pair Brock Bo and EP on a line is dumbfounding 

you have last change you fool. Change it up, actually try for a 2 goal lead for once 

For sure there are opportunities to do this. After icings, or down a goal are perfect times to try something new. Instead poor Bo is saddled with garbage line mates. 

Green has got bad tunnel vision right now he’s  making some very average roster moves

2 hours ago, b3. said:

Our defence is absolute trash, but that shouldn’t be a surprise. Hate to say it but Horvat and Boeser need a kick in the ass, time to start playing.

agree 100% , and makes me laugh now when i watchem .....as much as i hate jacob, cant really blame him when the def is so trash infront of him ...another garbo game, but atleast EP is fun to watch, and this new guy was good, 3 shots

2 hours ago, Great Granny said:

He had a fair shake. He said he could turn the team around quick. He was dead wrong. Linden is smoking a cigar in his recliner laughing hysterically right now.

Except Linden was right there with him saying how we could turn this around quick, as well. We aren't supposed to be contenders this year.

2 hours ago, b3. said:

Our defence is absolute trash, but that shouldn’t be a surprise. Hate to say it but Horvat and Boeser need a kick in the ass, time to start playing.

God help them for an off night and not lighting it up...  fuc_ relax k? 

And of course our D isn't that good, Tanev and Edler have been injury riddled for forever..  Del Zotto is hot/cold... Guddy is ok and is developing his game...  and that's not good for top four... 

We need a phaneuf sized skilled power play D and a q. hughes on top line. Ok so hughes is on the way and if Guddy can't be "that guy" on top pairing then we need to get someone else but at least we could develop it and give Tanev and Edler less minutes and rebuild our D which is next on Mr B's list i'm sure and it isn't rocket science to know he will go after D but relax k? 

The rebuild started and is still 2-3 yrs away before we're in there again with depth for the first time in franchise history but you try and get a stanley cup contender on the ice with a salary cap...  it takes time... simple...

34 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

For sure there are opportunities to do this. After icings, or down a goal are perfect times to try something new. Instead poor Bo is saddled with garbage line mates. 

Green has got bad tunnel vision right now he’s  making some very average roster moves

Yeah, in a league where margin for victory is so small, each time you are sending out a defensively minded players after an icing is like choosing to lose.

AV always took advantage of icings by sending the Sedins out every shift. 

Whenever I see Green send out Bo with some combination of defensive players, I realize that he is still a rookie coach with a lot to learn.

After icing it's gotta be your best offensive players: Pettersson, Boeser, and probably Bo (if he is not overused on defensive side of the game). Just as he sends out Bo for every defensive faceoff, EP and Boeser needs to be out there for every offensive faceoff. 

The major reason why we are losing is because the teams are adjusting to Green's system that worked in the beginning of the season. Once every team adjusts to each other's system, it comes down to fine line, one mistake, or one icing could easily decide the outcome of the game.

At this rate, I won't be surprised to see Green get fired by the end of the season. 

30 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

With our luck at the draft, someone will draft him before us, so wouldnt hold your breathe

lol

"With 0th pick in 2019 draft, someteam is pleased to draft, Jack Hughes."

Camera shows JB's disappointed face. JB on the podium:

"As many fans have said, with our luck, we knew someteam  would draft Jack Hughes before us even if we won 1st overall pick. So we draft Kappo Kakko with the first overall pick."

3 minutes ago, khay said:

lol

"With 0th pick in 2019 draft, someteam is pleased to draft, Jack Hughes."

Camera shows JB's disappointed face. JB on the podium:

"As many fans have said, with our luck, we knew someteam  would draft Jack Hughes before us even if we won 1st overall pick. So we draft Kappo Kakko with the first overall pick."

We need another quin hughes except 6'4 210 and we obviously need D worse than forwards

3 hours ago, b3. said:

It doesn’t set the greatest precedent when a guy getting paid $6M a year to be an effective two way player can just float for 82 games a year with no reprocussion. All because he brings some sort of unknown little things?

I used to defend louie. His play lately is unacceptable. 

Archived