The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

If EP was on the leafs, he would probably have 40 points right now. EP is the best player on the Canucks along with Horvat, while Boeser has been in a slump after multiple injuries. EP has shown he is consistent every game but his wingers can't even hit an empty net unfortunately. He should've had 2 assists tonight, if only Boeser was playing like last year.

Enough FFS. 

EP is not above criticism either. He is constantly trying impossible passes, he is being caught in possession of the puck and he lacks strength. 

But you know what? I don't care, he is young and in his first season but let's not view him continually through rose coloured glasses while we hammer players (we don't happen to like the look of) who are working just as hard.

This place is sick at times and not in a good way.

6 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Granlund now with 18 goals against on the pk. Tanev with 17 against and Gudbranson with 13.

That is brutal.

Granlund with most in the league although Tanev tops him in per game rate against.  

Canucks have allowed 28 powerplay goals against, most in the league but have played at least 1 game more than most teams, and Granlund has been on the ice for close to 65% of them.  

With Beagle back from injury and now 30 games into the season it might be time to re-think the units.

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

First game back, and getting shat on already....:picard:

I often thought that Scottish football fans were overly critical and pessimistic, but Canucks fans take the piss. 

Unhappy when we're competitive as the chances of a lottery pick are lower, unhappy when we suck as we're not being competitive. 

2 hours ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Gotta love reading through CDC during a team crisis....

I support Green and the rebuild it is what it is. This city has never taken rebuilds lightly in the 70s, 80s, to the late 90s when we lose we just huff an puff.

In the 80s the team was almost relocated because they could only get 10 thousands fans into a game in a 18 thousand seat stadium at the Pacific Coliseum. Pat Quinn is a big part why we get to watch Canucks, EP, Brock, Bo, etc today. 

But I do sometimes wonder what could Crow or Alain with these stars.. would they do anything differently. Crow came in during rebuild so did Alain both produced exciting hockey. I honestly feel like Nolan is weighing Green down from truly being great..

GreatEntireAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

I always wonder what Crow could have done if we kept & resigned Aucoin and kept the 2nd rounder traded for Cloutier and just signed a goaltender. Aucoin had a decent enough season that year and became a 40 minute per game force for NYI for the next 3 seasons. 

I don't recall cap specifics these days but that is one of my least fave trades we ever did. 

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Let's not turn a blind eye to ALL EP's giveaways or is he out of bounds? If we keep giving the puck away we are pressuring our own D.

EP is top of the roster for giveaways Bo is second. These guys are NOT defenders but these giveaways are hurting us. It's not fare always blaming the D when 4 of our top five worst players for giveaways are our young forwards. (EP, Bo, Goldy and Brock) The fifth is Tanev, who's game has got back this season.

On a brighter note I was very impressed with Gaudette. It would be a travesty if he were sent down. Leivo too had an impressive debut and Nilsson was once more nearer to a first choice goalie than Markstrom - surprisingly.

Reason they have the most giveaways is cause they have the puck the most. 

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Enough FFS. 

EP is not above criticism either. He is constantly trying impossible passes, he is being caught in possession of the puck and he lacks strength. 

But you know what? I don't care, he is young and in his first season but let's not view him continually through rose coloured glasses while we hammer players (we don't happen to like the look of) who are working just as hard.

This place is sick at times and not in a good way.

I am with Alf on this one.  EP is amazing but he is a rookie and makes mistakes.  All players do, the good ones do more positive things than negative and EP does a lot more positive things.  No doubt though his physical immaturity and youth are part of why we are loosing.  Everything is in his game to be a top player in this league and he shows all the desire to get there.  Constructive criticism is an important part of the process (though from the coaches not fans like us).

I also really liked Gaudette's game tonight.  Give that kid a couple years I think he is going to be pretty much the perfect third line centre and with EP, Bo and him slotting into the middle the rebuild is definately shaping up better than I thought at the beginning of the year.

I have said all summer and all this year, we were never going to be good this year even if EP was ready, Brock scored 40 and Bo had a career year.  We don't have the D or goaltending to succeed, it just isn't there yet.  You can see that Benning is slowly bringing in the pieces but also feel it is very fair to criticize him for the speed with which these pieces have been acquired and the quality of the vets that he has surrounded them with.

27 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I often thought that Scottish football fans were overly critical and pessimistic, but Canucks fans take the piss. 

Unhappy when we're competitive as the chances of a lottery pick are lower, unhappy when we suck as we're not being competitive. 

:lol:

Spot on S7C... They should try to support the Dons. 

Talk about having your cake and eat it.... 

Hard times indeed but we all knew, it was coming...

2 hours ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Gotta love reading through CDC during a team crisis....

I support Green and the rebuild it is what it is. This city has never taken rebuilds lightly in the 70s, 80s, to the late 90s when we lose we just huff an puff.

In the 80s the team was almost relocated because they could only get 10 thousands fans into a game in a 18 thousand seat stadium at the Pacific Coliseum. Pat Quinn is a big part why we get to watch Canucks, EP, Brock, Bo, etc today. 

But I do sometimes wonder what could Crow or Alain with these stars.. would they do anything differently. Crow came in during rebuild so did Alain both produced exciting hockey. I honestly feel like Nolan is weighing Green down from truly being great..

GreatEntireAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

At least now with Seattle getting their franchise we won’t have to worry about us going there again anytime soon.   Then again they really should have relocated ARI at the same time to Quebec City and moved some other teams around.   We’ve had a few close calls in the past, hopefully fans keep going win or lose and we never find ourselves in that place again.

59 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

But happy after an incredible EP40 pass or goal

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Man nucks misconduct refered to eriksson as littlethinger. You can't tell me that wasn't stolen from here lol.

Shotgun Jake, Little things.  They've both been lifted from CDC. These turds just won't admit it as they don't have to. 

Archived