The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Nolan got promoted with Green because he is close friends with Green. 

Sometimes a so-so player in his play days could turn out to be a good coach, but obviously not in the case of Nolan.

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Starting to lose faith in Green 

MDZ takes a penalty that causes 2 goals and Green puts him out with 1:45 left and he proceeds to let the Wild kill the clock with his inept play. 

Way to reward him Green 

too bad you hold Goldy to an entirely diffent standard 

Ummm Edler fan blaming DZ for the goals lol.. trying to create smoke around Edler so we forget about his penalty in which he almost injured his idiot self...

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Time for Del Zotto to come out & Pouliot to come in.

No... keep em both and put Biega back in.

EP 40 looked good!

Brock has some rust!

I am starting to think a win is when Elias gets a point and the Canucks get nothing!

Side point: How in the world is another one of our players laying on the ice and our team toughness looks at the coach to see if they should respond! Did anyone notice how quickly the players put their tails between their legs when the ref yelled at them to stop!

The Zebras don't call the instigator for fighting unless there is a player on the ice hurt! Time to ice three lines and bring in a goon or two. 

This new NHL has players laying all over the ice and injuries piling up to the skyboxes in those large Arenas!

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We gave up, I think, 9 scoring chances 5-on-5. had a push in the third. I don't like the three powerplay goals against, but... We've gotta find a way to kill a penalty. We need to find a way to get the puck out. I don't think our clears have been strong enough." - Green

Any mention of the hit on Virtanen and the pathetic penalty result. Just gonna take that one as you bend over, eh?

Just now, canuck2288 said:

He better be because the head coach is always fired first 

Considering that Green has squeaked out every last drop of this team to get a goals and have the team commit to battling in all three zones...and yet defense is constantly the problem + special teams.  Pretty sure he won't be given the shaft compared to the men in charge of those departments...Nolan Baumgartner and Newell Brown.  The team has bought into Green's system...but its Baumer and Brown's job to help execute that plan in those departments and have failed miserably the past season and its showing again this year.

"That's the move we decided to make. I thought he did alright here, we would have put someone on waivers or Gaudette. I liked Gaudette's game tonight. Granny can play center for sure. These aren't easy decisions when you have to send someone down. I like Granny on the wall a little more than the middle, and that's part of it. And that could still change, Granny can play center for sure. You know, these aren't easy decisions when you have to send someone down, but that's the decision we made." - Green on sending Gagner down

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It's a penalty. I don't think the guy is deliberately going in there to... Could it have been a major? I dunno, it's a tough call for the refs." - Green on hit on Virtanen

Who cares about the penalty! How about the response? Where is the team toughness?

Archived