The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

We’re still at least 2 yrs  away give it time.....

i know this isn’t gonna .happen

Would really depend on Benning. If he keeps signing crappy players like Eriksson and Schaller and Gagner and Del zotto and pouliot etc. then no, we won't improve as much as we would hope and only improve because of his drafting. I don't think Benning is the guy to put the finishing touches on this team for a cup, it would have to be another GM. Gillis was really brilliant in trades and signings, wish we had him for GM and Benning as the head scout.

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

Wow, what a group. Did I miss something going into this season?

I thought it was a rebuild, guess not.

you call the defense a rebuild...they haven't started rebuilding since 2014 ...we've got prospects but that is it...and the prospects are young. JB needs to get legitimate dman similar to Willie Mitchell, rather he brings in players like MDZ, who was a disaster way back when he played for NYR. There were guys available over the years including this year who are similar to Willie Mitchell types. They need men not boys to play "D"

Just now, Cromeslab said:

We’re still at least 2 yrs  away give it time.....

i know this isn’t gonna .

Tankers are still happy.

I was, right up until the Florida game’s cucking. 

Now I get my info second hand from you guys, until the team learns how to stick up for itself. Sounds like I haven’t missed anything except more beta hockey. I appreciate responses I get to my selfish questions. 

During a rebuild, lose, but do it well and be tough at least! Go down fighting...

Well to be honest I was happy to see guys playing the body tonight. When we were winning they were hitting ,blocking lanes and playing very fast. The speed opened up our defence and our zone exits fell apart. When guys get looks they can't finish. When most of our guys have a shot that could be recorded as a turnover it's tough without big bodies hounding the net. 

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Another scary thing too is. If we had a Canuck era Luongo or Schneider right now. We'd probably not be complaining about the defense as much.

The problem is our D and goalie will take lots of time to fix through draft if we are going the draft way. We need 2 or 3 great trades to fix those spots plus good drafting. Am just not sure if Benning could provide that. 

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you call the defense a rebuild...they haven't started rebuilding since 2014 ...we've got prospects but that is it...and the prospects are young. JB needs to get legitimate dman similar to Willie Mitchell, rather he brings in players like MDZ, who was a disaster way back when he played for NYR. There were guys available over the years including this year who are similar to Willie Mitchell types. They need men not boys to play "D"

In two years how many of the curretn D will be in the lineup...maybe 1!

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

The problem is our D and goalie will take lots of time to fix through draft if we are going the draft way. We need 2 or 3 great trades to fix those spots plus good drafting. Am just not sure if Benning could provide that. 

Agreed.

I personally think prospect wise DiPietro will be better than Demko. 

But off the top of my head, I can't really think of who would be available for goalies via trade. I like Juuse Saros, but that would most likely be a steep price.

I don't know if you want to bring in an older goalie again? If so do you kick the tires on Bobrovsky this summer?

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

On D, can we try...

Demote Pooh

Edler - Gudbranson

Hutton - Tanev

McEneny or Sautner w/ Bulldog/Stech

Trade MDZ for tape rolls

I think tape rolls have a higher value than MDZ these days. At least they are useful in something. Am just not sure what MDZ is useful for...not good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't hit much, doesn't provide size, makes dumb plays or takes dumb penalties even in a tie game with couple of minutes remaining. I think I could play better than MDZ and I can't even skate.

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

On D, can we try...

Demote Pooh

Edler - Gudbranson

Hutton - Tanev

McEneny or Sautner w/ Bulldog/Stech

Trade MDZ for tape rolls

Ah c'mon we need something more than tape rolls, the way sticks are shattering like glass these days- we need more sticks!

Archived