The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Definitely should not trade Horvat even if we do get Hughes. 

Malkin and Crosbitch still needed Bonino and Kopitar, carter, still needed Mike Richards(when he was still crazy) and Jared stoll. 

Horvat would feast east on other lines when the elite checkers are trying to defend EP and Hughes.

We have more than enough unnecessary pieces to get our D . Just stop spending 4 million on 4th liners or pissing away 2nds on bottom 6 players. Keith and seabrook were both second liners and Hutton / Edler might have been special if we developed them better. Or if that doesn’t work, trade one of demko or dipietro . 

Baerschi, tanev, virtanen, gudbranson etc are all expendable if we need to trade for D. Definitely keep bo regardless of how good our top 6 becomes. He can be the pen ultimate 3rd line center and top 6 winger when offence is needed.

Jake and Erik aren't going anywhere i don't think, too much into Jake and management still thinks Erik has more room in his game.. not saying it couldn't happen but unlikely. We wouldn't get much for baer though now he has a major concuss on him.

Tanev good return but not crazy either due to his injury record too..

16 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

High minutes does not equal puck dominant. Lee does not carry the puck nearly as often as Barzal for instance. Some of those names I'll give you though.

Fair enough.

All I would say is EP needs to lower his expectation of the % possibility of some of his passes reaching their target - especially given the apparent lack of many of our forwards' ability to actually get the puck under control even if it does reach them. :(

14 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

IS he really? I haven't dived into much draft stuff but I know that he's playing in the top finnish league and producing pretty well. 

Seems like not as much of a pure shooter as Laine. Maybe he could be the Rantanen to Pettersson's Mackinnon. I would be thrilled to get him. 

theres a lot of chatter that if he played in NA he might be close to, or ahead of Hughes for 1OA

On 12/4/2018 at 10:46 PM, ktcy2 said:

I start to wonder if Brock’s value will go down this season and how his contract would look like .....

Hopefully 5 mill a year. Honestly if he makes 6 and plays like this, he'll be sorely overpaid. His release went from being one of the quickest in the league to super predictable. Doesn't even one time half the pucks anymore.

18 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Jake and Erik aren't going anywhere i don't think, too much into Jake and management still thinks Erik has more room in his game.. not saying it couldn't happen but unlikely. We wouldn't get much for baer though now he has a major concuss on him.

Tanev good return but not crazy either due to his injury record too..

We just need to go for one or two  hard with all of our available assets. Full stop whatever it takes without involving ep, Boeser, and bo.

Between all the 2nds and 3rds we pissed away, Edler, Tanev, One of our top goalies prospects, baerschit, gudbranson, jV etc...even goldolbin. I would rather keep Goldie but if we have to, EP  and bo doesn’t need him necessarily. Out of all those, surely we can hit one or two good enough D.

I mean all it took Gillis was Patrick White to land his. And the Pens just grab an oilers reject to get the one they needed when letang was out long term. I know a lot of luck was involved in those two situations but Keith and seabrook were 2nd rounders. And no matter how much you hate him now, Edler had potential to be a top pairing until we ruined him( if niedermayer mentored him when he almost signed here, I am sure Edler would be top 2)And Vegas got Theodore for free. Between all those non Horvat assets, we can do it without losing Bo, I am sure of it. 

16 hours ago, stawns said:

not true, at all and I bet of you asked the elite fwds in the league they'd agree

I would rather ask the teams why No one wanted him when the call for him to waive his NTC. I am sure if a team came calling he would have consider it. 

There has been so many rumors about him being traded. All he had to do was provide a list. The lists he provided, IF ANY. Were not wanting him...either because they know he is done or the Canucks wanted to much for an aging player. No deal was ever done. And if you tell me it's becuz he wanted to stay here cuz he loves Vancouver blah blah blah... then you are only fooling yourself as Edler does. 

If any of the elites agree its more like a charity plug...

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Hopefully 5 mill a year. Honestly if he makes 6 and plays like this, he'll be sorely overpaid. His release went from being one of the quickest in the league to super predictable. Doesn't even one time half the pucks anymore.

This is really sad because he had such a good rookie season. I think it has to do with his injuries and his wrist which is so banged up. I just hope he signs at a decent price considering he also have to sign Elias to a super expensive contract 

2 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

I would rather ask the teams why No one wanted him when the call for him to waive his NTC. I am sure if a team came calling he would have consider it. 

There has been so many rumors about him being traded. All he had to do was provide a list. The lists he provided, IF ANY. Were not wanting him...either because they know he is done or the Canucks wanted to much for an aging player. No deal was ever done. And if you tell me it's becuz he wanted to stay here cuz he loves Vancouver blah blah blah... then you are only fooling yourself as Edler does. 

If any of the elites agree its more like a charity plug...

That's kind of where it falls apart as it's been well documented he has never been asked to waive his NTC.......not as far as I know anyway.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:04 AM, MikeyD said:

IMO, he's looking at a $2.5 bridge deal if he plays like this, maybe even trade bait to try and sell high on him

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah....trading Boeser is a great idea......in the Proposals section.

I don't think they will, nor do I think they should necessarily.  But, right now his rep is pretty high around the league, but his play has been pretty mediocre and it looks like that might be a little closer to the norm than his hot start to his rookie season.  It would certainly be a gamble.

Archived