The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Lineup scratches moving forward

RetroCanuck

line up  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How to justify to meddling owners that the coach is benching their highest paid player. Wouldn't go over very well. It would also be admitting they were wrong to sign him to that deal.

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Del Zotto - Biega

Stecher

(they need more physicality from the back end)

Bench: Granlund 

TG can only play the Eriksson healthy scratch card once. If that doesn't work, he puts himself in a real sticky spot with management / owner who signed this player. After that, the only other options is to bury him in the minors and that is a lose lose for everyone unless he elects to retire.  The absolute last resort is an Eriksson buy-out a seasons end, but that will be a cap hit ding of 5.5 million for the next few years...

Who did Loui play with in BOS (when he scored 30 goals before being traded here)?

I can't recall, and I'm sure they've tried, but have they put Loui with Horvat and Boeser? Burying him on the 4th line doesn't help much. Loui seems to find most of his success in front or at the side of the net to bang in loose pucks (garbage goals). Let Boeser fire shots from the slot with Loui ready for rebounds. My memory can be quite bad at times, so I apologize if they've tried this line previously, I'm sure they did. Put him there and keep him there. Loui's been bounced all over the lineup and maybe he just needs some stability, regular line mates he can mesh with.

Granlund needs to sit. He's been a non-factor for too long. Eriksson as well but he's a much more complicated case so that's not a feasible option. Rotate sitting Granlund and Schaller until one of them realizes they're not offensive dynamos and they need play with more physicality in the bottom 6.  I have no idea what Granlund is doing on the powerplay.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who did Loui play with in BOS (when he scored 30 goals before being traded here)?

I can't recall, and I'm sure they've tried, but have they put Loui with Horvat and Boeser? Burying him on the 4th line doesn't help much. Loui seems to find most of his success in front or at the side of the net to bang in loose pucks (garbage goals). Let Boeser fire shots from the slot with Loui ready for rebounds. My memory can be quite bad at times, so I apologize if they've tried this line previously, I'm sure they did. Put him there and keep him there. Loui's been bounced all over the lineup and maybe he just needs some stability, regular line mates he can mesh with.

His skating was a lot better than it is now. He was able to get to the dirty areas on time and get those deflections. He also seems to have completely lost his hands so he's not quite as effective handling the puck in tight on rebounds in front of the net. To me it's a confidence thing for sure. I don't know if he'll be able to recapture that magic but he can certainly be a lot more effective than he's been with a little bit more confidence.

7 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Granlund needs to sit. He's been a non-factor for too long. Eriksson as well but he's a much more complicated case so that's not a feasible option. Rotate sitting Granlund and Schaller until one of them realizes they're not offensive dynamos and they need play with more physicality in the bottom 6.  I have no idea what Granlund is doing on the powerplay.

19 almost 20 goals 2 or was it 3 years ago!!!! woot

4 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

His skating was a lot better than it is now. He was able to get to the dirty areas on time and get those deflections. He also seems to have completely lost his hands so he's not quite as effective handling the puck in tight on rebounds in front of the net. To me it's a confidence thing for sure. I don't know if he'll be able to recapture that magic but he can certainly be a lot more effective than he's been with a little bit more confidence.

no player in the league looks more like Eeyore out there.

what does he have now 15 kids, an unhappy wife, and a fan base that hates him ever since his first goal

He should be the poster boy for Mind Check, or Speak Out as it is now called.

Loui! tell someone your problems

1 minute ago, lmm said:

what does he have now 15 kids, an unhappy wife, and a fan base that hates him ever since his first goal

He's the poster boy for Far Out and Real Good.

46 minutes ago, lmm said:

Wow that's dead on :lol:

He's got a nice paycheck but I'm having a genuine debate with myself right now about whether or not I would trade places with him... It's proving to be quite the self-exploratory process :lol:

5 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Is it loui's fault or is he not a fit on this team or being utilized properly. 

I think Loui has had every possible opportunity on this team and hasn't had much success with them.  Last year he was at least decent defensively, but that part of his game seems to have regressed as well.  He looked good with EP at first, but now he's back with Bo.  I've lost hope that he will ever get his game back.

33 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think Loui has had every possible opportunity on this team and hasn't had much success with them.  Last year he was at least decent defensively, but that part of his game seems to have regressed as well.  He looked good with EP at first, but now he's back with Bo.  I've lost hope that he will ever get his game back.

But again who outside of Goldie Boeser pettersen Horvat and Virtanen has produced? Not saying loui is good because he drives me insane as well, but he isn't a sniper and does not have amazing speed he collects mostly garbage goals. The problem is he rarely has rebounds to collect. He is better defensively than everyone on the list except for possibly  motte. 

He just makes more money than those guys. Is it his fault benning threw a pile of  money at him? 

Archived